Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 29 posts Previous  1, 2
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostTue Aug 28, 2012 11:25 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:22 am59McLe, VA
Kyle's relationships (which most fangirls seem to either not know about or just completely ignore) never end well. Bebe dumped him for Clyde (not that he cared), Rebecca became a skank, and Nichole left him to get back with Token (after Kyle was also humiliated by Cartman on their date). Factoring that in I suppose Kyle having another gf could be funny. I'll say sure as long as it's a good episode.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostWed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 am Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 am20South Park, Colorado
Hmm, I don't know. Maybe for an episode or two, but not on a permanent basis.
Everyone knows it's Butters! THAT'S ME!
Kyle and Butters Fan!
Meet me in Starks Pond so we can eat cookies and watch the moonlight.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostWed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 am Offline
Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:50 am14
No, he shouldn't.

I don't see any point in giving him some shallow love interest that will be forgotten about by the next episode. Him having a girlfriend just because his friend Stan has one wouldn't add anything new or exciting to his character or the show.

I actually would love to see Matt and Trey do something new and interesting with his character however giving him a love interest would be the most lazy, contrived way of doing so in my opinion.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostSat Mar 09, 2013 8:44 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
kyleisgod wrote:
Kyle's relationships (which most fangirls seem to either not know about or just completely ignore) never end well. Bebe dumped him for Clyde (not that he cared), Rebecca became a skank, and Nichole left him to get back with Token (after Kyle was also humiliated by Cartman on their date). Factoring that in I suppose Kyle having another gf could be funny. I'll say sure as long as it's a good episode.

Kyle certainly thinks Kyle should have a GF, but yeah so far he's been striking out.

I think an interesting idea would be to have a Jooish girl move to SP. Then Cartman and Cupid Me could set her up with Kyle.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostThu Apr 11, 2013 6:13 am Offline
Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 am20
NEVAH ! IMO it won't be funny anymore wendy is already is not funny and borderline useless
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostThu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 am Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
I actually think it'd make a funny sub-plot if Cartman were to get a girlfriend, an attractive one at that. So Stan and Kyle would be confused the whole episode and Kenny would get jealous.

I could see Cartman saying, "Later guys, I'm gonna go get some sweet poon from my super hot girlfriend." of course by "sweet poon" he really means just like, kissing or holding hands or something innocent, but Cartman thinks otherwise.

And the episode would end with Cartman telling them he broke up with her saying, "I'm just too rock and roll for her, she was getting fat anyway, am I right you guys?" then Kenny would strangle him until the credits pop up.

"Kinny! ech! Stop it!... KINNY!"
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostFri Apr 12, 2013 5:51 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
That would ruin all the Style implications.
If it could be worked in a funny way like in the spelling bee episode then yes. If not then no.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostFri Apr 12, 2013 11:12 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Unassumption wrote:
If it could be worked in a funny way like in the spelling bee episode then yes. If not then no.

I want to see Style ruined though, all those stupid little fangirls will go away and the SP slash community will shrink considerably. :D In my opinion, Jenny Simon would make a great girlfriend for Kyle and she showed a bit of interest in him in Cartman Finds Love.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostSat Apr 13, 2013 2:40 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I want to see all the Kyman fans disappear more than anything. At least Style has something to off from...

Any of the boys having a gf seems kind of cliche. Only if she serves an actual purpose would they allow someone other than Stan to have one. And now, Token.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostSat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 am Offline
Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:50 am14
nwt000 wrote:
Unassumption wrote:

I want to see Style ruined though, all those stupid little fangirls will go away and the SP slash community will shrink considerably.

Kyle getting a girlfriend would not discourage Style shippers in the slightest. They would continue writing their fanfics and making their fanart regardless of what happens in canon. Their reasoning isn't based on logic. I've seen many other ships take worse beatings to the point where the creators say "It will never happen!" yet fan loyalty remains strong. They would hate this new girl's guts but they wouldn't stop shipping Style.

And I stand by my last comment. I don't think Kyle or any of the other boys should have girlfriends. It wouldn't benefit their characters or the show.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostSat Apr 13, 2013 9:45 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Stanluv25 wrote:
I want to see all the Kyman fans disappear more than anything. At least Style has something to off from...

Except a lot of fangirls seem to have taken "Cartman Finds Love" as a confirmation of that pairing. Nevermind that Kyle was somewhat interested in Nichole and found Cartman's rumor to be nothing short of abhorrent. M&T seemed to have great fun picking on the absurdity of shipping in general.

But I've said it before and emphasize once more: I don't think some of these people see the same episodes I do.

In terms of the girlfriends: meh. It's pretty pointless to bother with unless it works into the plot (see above). Last I checked it was still a show about 10 year olds and relationships really should be silly, childish and shallow.

There's an entire slew of adult characters to skewer adult relationships, which the show has done repeatedly.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostMon Apr 15, 2013 3:20 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ Kyle/Cartman fans must be watching something different. If they understood how fatass works, they would know in Cartman Finds Love all he cared about was getting Token and Nichole together. If that meant making up lies so others would look stupid, even himself, so be it. He so desperately wanted them together he would pretend to be gay for Kyle. He's just that messed up. When Cartman has a plan, he's going to see to it in any way possible.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostSat Aug 10, 2013 6:13 pm Offline
Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm3
Kyle needs a Jewish girlfriend.

Re: should Kyle have a girlfriend? PostThu Jan 02, 2014 8:54 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 am33
Yeah, because it's always hilarious!! Kyle has such a temper and is pretty righteous so it's always fun seeing him paired up, I wouldn't want anything as permanent as Stan/Wendy (which I like) but I do like seeing Kyle getting angry.

Also, I don't get the Kyman either (except hate is supposedly only a step away from love, lol)-- kinda get Style a bit- but honestly Kyle just seems straight as an arrow to me.
Always think of the consequence of your behavior before acting out what you are thinking.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 29 posts Previous  1, 2