Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 9 of 13 185 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostTue Mar 15, 2011 3:37 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am339Washington D.C
I just hope that question will be answered in the coming seasons
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostTue Mar 15, 2011 11:15 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:46 pm83
He may show more gay moments with Kyle or Butters again.
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostWed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 am3
cartman is gay he got scott's pubes all over his face
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostWed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am339Washington D.C
what :!: :!: :?:
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostThu Mar 17, 2011 1:22 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Go watch "Scott Tenorman Must Die" again.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostThu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Cristine478 wrote:
I just hope that question will be answered in the coming seasons


Meh, I don't think it's something they will ever answer. Plus kids can't be gay, they're still too young to really know if they or anyone else is gay. The mystery of Cartman's nature is what makes it fun! :D
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostThu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:04 am1
He's not gay. I think him being an ignorant kid going through gay situations is what makes it funny. Gay situation, yes...is he gay, no.
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostThu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
HippieHunter2011 wrote:
P.S. You seem to imply that he has a certain infatuation with Kyle; he want's to be Kyle's "gay" partner. Shall I reiterate all the instances that he SPECIFICALLY mentions that he HATES Kyle? The times he has TRIED to KILL Kyle? His suggestions about KILLING Kyle? That's a pretty complicated love, don't you think?


If I had never seen "Cartmanland" (#506) I would be inclined to agree with you. But to me, that episode pretty much was the last straw after the "Imaginationland" trilogy (I saw Cartmanland after the trilogy.)

As for Cartman's attraction to the female sex, it's only seen twice really - in aforementioned "Tom's Rhinoplasty" (#111) and "Le Petit Tourette" (#1108) but the latter also contains gay jokes of it's own, which makes it difficult to tell. There's other hints, but those are more ambiguous and tough to tell whether they involve social issues as much as romance issues.

I love Season 1, but Trey seems to ignore it for the most part when writing newer episodes, so it's tough to tell if it's relevant at times. Sometimes it is referenced, such as in "Butters' Bottom Bitch" (#1309) when the Groundskeeper reappears, but there are times when it is outright contradicted as well, such as "Starvin Marvin" (#109) in which Kenny's family is said to be the only poor family in the entire town and "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" (#110) in which Kyle's was the only Jewish family. The point being different elements of early seasons are relevant, and it's tough to tell exactly what to take at face value. The various last name changes are another example.

I consider more recent seasons more valid because it's much rarer for Trey to make contradictions between the last few seasons as compared to early ones. It's not as much a question of my worth of it - I love Season 1 - as much as Trey's worth, which is hard to determine. Neither list probably holds up much in truth since South Park very rarely reinforces itself - in "200" (#1405) via Stan Trey seems to imply he dislikes "just rehashing a bunch of old stuff." Although I'd love it if he did.

I will admit it's possible of Cartman being bisexual, but I don't find it as likely because there seems to be a larger wealth of hints towards homosexuality than heterosexuality.

And I apologize if I seem to be attacking you, that is not my intention. I am very upfront with people if I think they're being idiots :P
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostFri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am339Washington D.C
:|
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostFri Mar 18, 2011 1:24 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:25 pm1
kyle cant find out. haha
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostSat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
bongwalker wrote:
kyle cant find out. haha

Good for him. He wouldn't WANT to find out.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostSat Mar 19, 2011 1:24 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am339Washington D.C
Stanluv25 wrote:
Cristine478 wrote:
I just hope that question will be answered in the coming seasons


Meh, I don't think it's something they will ever answer. Plus kids can't be gay, they're still too young to really know if they or anyone else is gay. The mystery of Cartman's nature is what makes it fun! :D


Cartman will have few secrets
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostMon Mar 21, 2011 2:42 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:24 pm7
JVM wrote:
HippieHunter2011 wrote:
P.S. You seem to imply that he has a certain infatuation with Kyle; he want's to be Kyle's "gay" partner. Shall I reiterate all the instances that he SPECIFICALLY mentions that he HATES Kyle? The times he has TRIED to KILL Kyle? His suggestions about KILLING Kyle? That's a pretty complicated love, don't you think?


If I had never seen "Cartmanland" (#506) I would be inclined to agree with you. But to me, that episode pretty much was the last straw after the "Imaginationland" trilogy (I saw Cartmanland after the trilogy.)

As for Cartman's attraction to the female sex, it's only seen twice really - in aforementioned "Tom's Rhinoplasty" (#111) and "Le Petit Tourette" (#1108) but the latter also contains gay jokes of it's own, which makes it difficult to tell. There's other hints, but those are more ambiguous and tough to tell whether they involve social issues as much as romance issues.

I love Season 1, but Trey seems to ignore it for the most part when writing newer episodes, so it's tough to tell if it's relevant at times. Sometimes it is referenced, such as in "Butters' Bottom Bitch" (#1309) when the Groundskeeper reappears, but there are times when it is outright contradicted as well, such as "Starvin Marvin" (#109) in which Kenny's family is said to be the only poor family in the entire town and "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" (#110) in which Kyle's was the only Jewish family. The point being different elements of early seasons are relevant, and it's tough to tell exactly what to take at face value. The various last name changes are another example.

I consider more recent seasons more valid because it's much rarer for Trey to make contradictions between the last few seasons as compared to early ones. It's not as much a question of my worth of it - I love Season 1 - as much as Trey's worth, which is hard to determine. Neither list probably holds up much in truth since South Park very rarely reinforces itself - in "200" (#1405) via Stan Trey seems to imply he dislikes "just rehashing a bunch of old stuff." Although I'd love it if he did.

I will admit it's possible of Cartman being bisexual, but I don't find it as likely because there seems to be a larger wealth of hints towards homosexuality than heterosexuality.

And I apologize if I seem to be attacking you, that is not my intention. I am very upfront with people if I think they're being idiots :P


I apologize for the delay in responding; it's midterm season for us college students. What fun.

You mention that there were really only two incidents of when Cartman appeared to have an interest in girls - those being the episodes I quoted in my original post.

There were more references, however I was careful not to post those that might prove to have other motives; simply, that Eric Cartman might have other reasons behind appearing to like the opposite sex.

Take for example, Season 6, Episode 4 (The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer). In this, Cartman mentions to Shelly Marsh (Stan's Sister) that he finds her to be "hot". Motivation? Perhaps he does like her (considering his kindness towards Shelly at the end of Season 3, Episode 7 (Cat Orgy), it might be so - though it be a stretch; however he probably likes Salma Hayek more). Then again, perhaps he just wants to compliment her so he can watch TV and see the "Asses of Fire 2" preview. Another example includes Season 9, Episode 7 (Erection Day) when he mentions to Jimmy that he knows how to help him get laid by a girl, because he himself has gotten laid "like 5,000 times." He's probably not telling the truth, so as a caution, it too was omitted.

I'm afraid you forgot to take the same cautions, as many of your episodes fail to measure up to the "other motive" test. You present Season 11, Episode 2 (Cartman Sucks) in its entirety as evidence of Cartman's homosexuality. Did you forget that the wiener-in-the-mouth photo-take was to make BUTTERS look gay? Did you fail to remember that Cartman has a habit of taking embarrassing photos and playing malicious tricks on Butters because he HATES him? Isn't this just another one of his pranks?

(As a side note, when the other boys revealed to Eric that the prank made HIM appear gay and not Butters, Eric Cartman became very distraught, exactly as a straight kid would act if told that his actions made him not straight).

You mention Season 12, Episode 1 (Tonsil Trouble), when Cartman gives Kyle AIDS. You comment "What more do I need to say?" in your post.

I answer with "there is MUCH left to say." Cartman gave Kyle AIDS by squirting his own blood in Kyle's mouth with a syringe and a hypodermic needle. This was not done through sexual activity.

Nor did Kyle contract AIDS because Cartman LOVED Kyle, but because Kyle laughed at Cartman when he caught the virus. Where did Cartman catch it? Well, he contracted AIDS when his tonsils were taken out and wound up having a botched blood transfusion. Cartman gave Kyle AIDS to teach him a lesson; he HATED Kyle (as always), and wanted to get even with Kyle's lack of sympathy.

There are other examples worthy of mention, however I must return to school work; my Philosophy/Applied Ethics textbook is calling out to me. If you wish to revise and re-post your argument, or wish to reaffirm your current one, I am very open to reading it.

I look forward to any response. Also, there is no need to apologize for "attacking" me; your first post never came across as malicious (at least not to me). When I mentioned "attacking," I was referring to any misinterpretation you might encounter in reading my post.
Excelsior!
(I'm SUPER Serial...)
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostMon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am339Washington D.C
And Still I Do Not Know Why Wendy kisses Cartman

although I do not think it's gay
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Re: Is Cartman Gay? PostThu Jan 12, 2012 2:18 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:16 am5Milan, Italy
"Kahl, you're my little monster" ...
this explains a lot to me. I know matt and trey said he isn't gay but you know, is like 9 years old, kids are confused about their sexuality at that age. He may be bicurious but I think he definitely has some secret thing for kyle (there are way too much situations where it's shown, I can't even list them all) even if it's not on matt&trey purpose.
We can't deny that Cartman did much more gay things than straight and he has an insane obsession with kyle...and I don't think it's just sadism :cartmanlaugh:

Btw, I think all the slash pairing & stuff are kinda funny but they're extremely exaggerated, I mean it's ok laughing about this but some things are just weird!!
Amor Vincit Omnia

♪ Take me away
on a holiday, sugar ♫


« ℭu℘id is a knavisℎ ℓad
Tℎus to make ℘oor ℱemaℓℯs mad.
»



You seem a little irritable, Kyle. You got some sand in your vagina?
There's no sand in my vagina!
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 9 of 13 185 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Female345 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X