Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 15 of 17 241 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S17 PostMon Jan 30, 2012 3:59 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I wasn't aware Kyle had an accent. And about the toys thing, ya he has always sort of been more mature than the others in a way. Perhaps him being smart makes him feel he doesn't need to play as often as the other boys. I'll look out for a toy box in Kyle's room but for now I am amused he is the only boy, apart from Kenny perhaps, who doesn't have toys or a place to put them.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Mar 19, 2012 4:36 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
I listened to The Dreidel Song again today. I have to say that the thing I've always liked most about Kyle is his role as an older brother to Ike. As for the missing toy chest...maybe Ike inherited his toys. Sounds like something an older brother would do.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Mar 19, 2012 7:53 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Wonder if Kyle will tag along with Stan in the new episode it does not say in the press release.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostTue Mar 20, 2012 12:13 am Offline
I dunno, kinda have the feeling Stan's alone in this. And at some point Cartman and Stan team up but I don't think Kyle will do much this week.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostTue Mar 20, 2012 7:24 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I see a limited role for Kyle but I can't see him being completely left out. After all he a vast hoard of "Jew gold" that Eric has been coveting for 14 or 15 seasons now :P
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostTue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 am Offline
^ Yeah, an episode about jewels and gems, it wouldn't make sense if 'Jew gold' wasn't brought up. That's always a funny bit Cartman brings up. :)

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
I'm torn on Kyle. I don't know what I think about him anymore.

I originally held him in good regard with Stan, until last season in "Assburgers" where he wanted to move on without Stan. Similiar to how he had no issue with Stan moving to California to look for Internet in "Over Logging".

This is of course opposite to how Stan felts previously in situations where Kyle left Stan. "Smug Alert", "Super Best Friends", "Cartmanland", and "Cherokee Hair Tampons".

However, tonight Kyle showed he's an actual friend where he went out and rescued Cartman, and brought him home safely, which makes me confused on my stance about Kyle.

I guess he doesn't like to show his emotions, and just bottles them up?
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:07 pm Offline
Quote:
However, tonight Kyle showed he's an actual friend where he went out and rescued Cartman, and brought him home safely, which makes me confused on my stance about Kyle.

Kyle has a big conscience i don`t think he could have let him stay out there in the dark it was a good thing to see Kyle going out with cutters and a blanket and bring him home.

There was still a feeling of animosity between the 2 when Kyle yelled at Cartman to get out his house.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:12 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
James--76 wrote:
Quote:

Kyle has a big conscience i don`t think he could have let him stay out there in the dark it was a good thing to see Kyle going out with cutters and a blanket and bring him home.

There was still a feeling of animosity between the 2 when Kyle yelled at Cartman to get out his house.

True. But that's simply because he knows Cartman well enough that he never means well. Well, he may have before Cartman snapped wayyy back in Season 5.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am Offline
I don't know how I feel about Kyle now either. I do know I no longer like him enough to be part of my top 5 characters. He's down on the bottom of my top 10 list. He just doesn't do it for me for some reason. I get annoyed with him. I hate seeing that bright orange jacket and green hat. He's a wet blanket and I hate how he just left Stan without a care in above examples. ^ Sure Stan has left him a few times too, but he's always the one making the effort in the end to reclaim their friendship.

Kyle does have a heart which is of course great. I love his close relationship with Ike. He's the only one in the show who likes their younger sibling. The things he has done for Cartman is because he isn't evil and he knows it's the right thing to do, to help him.

I love Stan and Kyle episodes but all- Kyle episodes... I don't jump for joy.

I'm a little torn with the Jew too. I don't hate him but I do dislike him on some accounts. He's floating around on my top 10 list and there's no real spot for him atm.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostTue Apr 10, 2012 7:58 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
HAcoreRD wrote:
James--76 wrote:
Quote:

True. But that's simply because he knows Cartman well enough that he never means well. Well, he may have before Cartman snapped wayyy back in Season 5.

I believe Casa Bonita was the last time that Kyle gave Cartman the benefit of a doubt.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 pm Offline
"Why don't you just post it online for people to watch for free"

Kyle had a point,people are jumping the anti-bullying bandwagon to make themselves look better/make profit

Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:33 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
James--76 wrote:
"Why don't you just post it online for people to watch for free"

Kyle had a point,people are jumping the anti-bullying bandwagon to make themselves look better/make profit

It's almost like Kyle could see where it was all leading too.
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
HAcoreRD wrote:
I guess he doesn't like to show his emotions, and just bottles them up?

This is why I relate to Kyle the most out of all the characters because he's a reflection of me, I've this same problem my whole life.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: The Official Kyle Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:22 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Kyle is probably the one who works best as a secondary character than a main one because of his much more rational personality compared to the others. And while his character is the stick in the mud of them, it's kinda necessary for someone to play the foil when the plot gets absurd. It also allows for a good bit of play on the self righteousness from time to time.

However, i personally got a kick out of the end of Jewpacabra where he says that he knows Cartman isn't lying with the heavily implied acceptance that Cartman's just stupid. That resignation kinda put things back to the early seasons when Cartman was more an idiot than a sociopath.

Sort by  
Page 15 of 17 241 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next