Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 33 of 35 522 posts Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I noticed it too, Stans becoming a bit more self centered and thoughtless in his actions. In Butterballs he felt bad because everyone started hating him, but he still tried to blame other people for his failures. At least in this episode he owned up to it, but it was alittle too late to do anything about it.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
True, but that's kind of how Stan's always been. He's never owned up to his faults until it's too late. He's like Eric in the way he obviously does not like to get in trouble. While Kyle learns early on it's best to fess up, Stan and Eric hide it away for as long as possible. Stan doesn't want to get in trouble, be grounded, be hated, be found out. Two Days....Tomorrow showed that he waits and waits until the very last possible moment to fess up.

So I can't get annoyed at him for that. But c'mon Stanley, you have your friends back now. For some reason your parents are happy together again. Be happy too and let's have relationships return to normal. You told Kyle you loved him, now show it.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 5:54 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
I think that next week, we can see an episode where Kyle and Wendy (and maybe Kenny) will say something about Stan. Like how he's becoming more of a dick and also how he has jacked it TWICE in San Diego.

Also, I wanted to see his douchy side, and when I saw it I laughed. Hard.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 6:10 pm Offline
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm182
John_117 wrote:
I think that next week, we can see an episode where Kyle and Wendy (and maybe Kenny) will say something about Stan. Like how he's becoming more of a dick and also how he has jacked it TWICE in San Diego.

Also, I wanted to see his douchy side, and when I saw it I laughed. Hard.

:lol: *hoping this will come true on Sunday*
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 8:45 pm Offline
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 am46
It might be interesting to Stan to go through the transformation into a complete assh*le, and have an episode or two dealing with the results of this new mindset on his relationship and friendships, then have him discover the negative effects of this and return to the more caring old Stan.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 9:03 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
forbidden_moose wrote:
It might be interesting to Stan to go through the transformation into a complete assh*le, and have an episode or two dealing with the results of this new mindset on his relationship and friendships, then have him discover the negative effects of this and return to the more caring old Stan.

So in other words, he's that cliche jock assh*le...which actually seems about right.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 10:23 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I think what we're seeing here with Stan, he makes mistakes like everybody else.

He's often seen as a caring, selfless individual, which he is a lot of the time.

But people slip up, and tend to cover their asses when their mistake goes wrong. Sometimes you learn from it, other times you don't.

Stan has learned from some of his mistakes in the past. In this case, he didn't learn from the mistake in Butterballs and ended up jacking it in San Diego again.

Fame especially. When you start to become famous, often times you get more occupied with it and forget more important things, this is what I believe happened here, and in Butterballs.

This last thing, he basically saw an opportunity to make everyone happy, and get something out of it (5th Gen iPod Nano) but it didn't work out at all, and everything fell ontop of him.

When Kyle was about to pass out, his unselfish side started to jump out when he was begging Kyle to "wake up.", wanting to tell Kyle what he did at that moment, but then another opportunity to possibly fix the problem came up, and that fell through as well.

Stan is not a selfish assh*le, but he's no angel either. Same goes for everybody else.

Cartman is the most selfish assh*le of them all, but even he has a soft side (Cats)
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 pm Offline
I love the idea of Stan going into some sort of transformation. His friends taking note he just isn't the same after he turned 10 even though he's not a cynical bore anymore, he's becoming selfish. So they help him out with it somehow, and in the end we do get caring old Stan back. It will tie into some continuity with YGO and AB. Because Stan does not come off to me as a cocky jock even when older. He's always been a sweet, sensitive kid and I see this as who he is for the rest of his life. It's fun ya to see Stan a dick, but he's done it a few times already, time for old Stan again. :stanpuke:

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostFri Apr 20, 2012 4:16 pm Offline
Yeah. He's been acting like a self-centered jerk lately. Hopefully he'll return to his old disposition in 16B.
I support CartmanxStan
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostFri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 pm Offline
kfgg wrote:
I think what we're seeing here with Stan, he makes mistakes like everybody else.

He's often seen as a caring, selfless individual, which he is a lot of the time.

But people slip up, and tend to cover their asses when their mistake goes wrong. Sometimes you learn from it, other times you don't.

Stan has learned from some of his mistakes in the past. In this case, he didn't learn from the mistake in Butterballs and ended up jacking it in San Diego again.

Fame especially. When you start to become famous, often times you get more occupied with it and forget more important things, this is what I believe happened here, and in Butterballs.

This last thing, he basically saw an opportunity to make everyone happy, and get something out of it (5th Gen iPod Nano) but it didn't work out at all, and everything fell ontop of him.

When Kyle was about to pass out, his unselfish side started to jump out when he was begging Kyle to "wake up.", wanting to tell Kyle what he did at that moment, but then another opportunity to possibly fix the problem came up, and that fell through as well.

Stan is not a selfish assh*le, but he's no angel either. Same goes for everybody else.

Cartman is the most selfish assh*le of them all, but even he has a soft side (Cats)

Nicely said. I have enjoyed Stan's self-centered ways since we never do see it. But now that we have I think we would all want that caring little boy back. I want his 'I learned something today' back more than anything. :/ I know he's not an angel and sometimes I admit, I forget that. He just has a problem of not saying what needs to be said at the right moment. He doesn't like getting in trouble and if he does find a way out, he'll take it.

But let's bring back that 'over-sensitive animal lover' as Cartman puts it, next week, or in 16B shall we? :)

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostSun Apr 22, 2012 11:20 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I like his caring side. I want it back as much as you do, but I can't expect it. I can only hope.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 25, 2012 12:17 am Offline
I hope he goes back to his sensitive, animal-lover, caring self again. I simply love his sweet side; it brings out the sweetness and generous in him.
I support CartmanxStan
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 am Offline
I know. I would absolutely love a Stan and animals episode sometime this season! I love when they go back to what his true passion is. :)

Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20 PostFri Jun 22, 2012 3:19 am Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:57 am1
Lol dudes i just registerd on this website this cartoon so damn cool !I think they should make more episodes about Stan and Kyle and less Cartman ! :)
Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S17 PostFri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:22 pm38
JVM wrote:
Stan's a great character, but I worry he's being used more and more as one to bounce off other characters and less as much as an individual - he's a very reactive character, and he doesn't drive plots by himself much anymore. Nonetheless, he's still an awesome character and my second favorite.

My other worry is he's gaining too many Kyle traits - his temper's a lot shorter, he's a lot smarter and he's going against trends. The two are such good friends they're starting to blend together a little too much.

your totally right stan's temper is getting shorter but thats what makes him even more awesome! before he was to sensitve and didn't really yell alot unlike kyle but now he's gotten tougher 8)
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3

Sort by  
Page 33 of 35 522 posts Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next