Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 9 127 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSat Mar 10, 2012 10:39 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
forbidden_moose wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
forbidden_moose wrote:
Either 2010 or 2009, She's now the senior vice president of Fox Animation (yet another reason to hate Family Guy). It's a shame, as she had worked on the show since the very start.

In other words, will never here from Bebe again unless Trey and Matt suck up and have her voice done by April Stewart or Mona Marshall.

I wouldn't be the first time they'd had to replace a voice actress. :(

Yes, I know about the Mary Kay Bergman and Eliza Schneider cases, but I think M&T set the role of Bebe aside only for Jennifer Howell, much like how Chef was reserved for Issac Hayes. Hopefully though, they come to their senses and find a new voice for Bebe Stevens.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 pm Offline
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 am46
Quote:
Yes, I know about the Mary Kay Bergman and Eliza Schneider cases, but I think M&T set the role of Bebe aside only for Jennifer Howell, much like how Chef was reserved for Issac Hayes. Hopefully though, they come to their senses and find a new voice for Bebe Stevens.

I agree with you. (interestingly Mary Kay voiced Bebe in Weight Gain 4000, but only that one time)
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostTue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
they can back seat Bebe's friendship with Wendy. Bebe did pull a gun on Wendy after all. They can simply have Wendy call her a b*tch or something (since girls seem to turn on eachother for no reason), and push Red, Lola, or Jenny to Wendy's main best friend.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Mar 15, 2012 7:02 am Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
Wendy is][u][hot /u] :P
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Mar 15, 2012 3:22 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Marshall_Scotch wrote:
Wendy is][u][hot /u] :P

All the children look exactly the same

:lol:
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSun Mar 25, 2012 10:23 pm Offline
Wondering why Stan didn't dump his 'gay' necklace off on Wendy. I'm sure she would've atleast feigned being ecstatic about it.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Mar 26, 2012 4:36 pm Offline
HAcoreRD wrote:
Wondering why Stan didn't dump his 'gay' necklace off on Wendy. I'm sure she would've atleast feigned being ecstatic about it.

Maybe because M&T have forgotten about their relationship?
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 pm Offline
John_117 wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:

Maybe because M&T have forgotten about their relationship?

they probably didn't forget the relationship, I guess it's due to the lack of Stan/Wendy focused episodes, they have no real show of strength for their relationship.

I mean, we get Wendy cares for him (Assburgers) but after that, they spend little screen time together. (Which maybe good, as we don't have to fear them breaking up again!)
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSat Apr 07, 2012 11:30 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Matt and Trey don't pair Stan and Wendy off a lot because it isn't funny, nor can it drive a storyline unless it's a matter of "oh no, I'll lose him/her!".

The funny thing is their relationship is the strongest the show's maintained - they're more peaceful than any of the other major characters' parents' marriages, save maybe the Broflovskis.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSun Apr 08, 2012 7:39 pm Offline
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 am46
JVM wrote:
Matt and Trey don't pair Stan and Wendy off a lot because it isn't funny, nor can it drive a storyline unless it's a matter of "oh no, I'll lose him/her!".

The funny thing is their relationship is the strongest the show's maintained - they're more peaceful than any of the other major characters' parents' marriages, save maybe the Broflovskis.

I'd like them to have an episode where Stan fear loosing Wendy to some new boy, but they both decide that they should learn to trust one another around people of the opposite sex, and how this will strengthen their relationship.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSun Apr 08, 2012 7:45 pm Offline
forbidden_moose wrote:
JVM wrote:

I'd like them to have an episode where Stan fear loosing Wendy to some new boy, but they both decide that they should learn to trust one another around people of the opposite sex, and how this will strengthen their relationship.

They almost did that in Elementary School Musical. Almost
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostTue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 am Offline
In this week's episode, I can see Wendy as the bully. Does anyone else think so?
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostWed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I found that someone screencapped this on Facebook. It's from American Dad:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/531346_129226020542010_100003638394304_125406_1120155554_n.jpg
Looks awful familiar, huh?
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Except for her part in the video shoot, Wendy was pretty much a non-factor in the Butterballs episode. Red (and maybe even Lola), had more time then Wendy did.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
I agree that the Stendy relationship does not create good story plots because, to put it in racing terms, Wendy wears the firesuit in the relationship (see episodes 1209/1313/1404), so there is less of a romantic element there.

For some odd reason, M&T seems to be unwilling to use Wendy for supporting roles unless it relates to her relationship with Stan. They mostly only use her in the very rare instances where a main role requires a girl/liberal kid character. So in that sense, Wendy is better described as an occasional main character rather than as a supporting character.

Unlike other supporting kid characters, Wendy in her past appearances has demonstrated a rich, deep personality that typically only main characters possess. This is the reason why I like her as much as Stan and Kyle, even though her usage level is excruciating low.

IMO the only way to see Wendy more in future episodes is if M&T stop seeing her as only "Stan's girlfriend". M&T should be more open to use Wendy in intelligent gender-neutral main character roles instead of automatically resorting to using Stan or Kyle. Otherwise, Wendy would be hard-pressed to find a place in a show that covers very little of the female realm.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST

Sort by  
Page 6 of 9 127 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next