Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 7 of 9 127 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:09 pm Offline
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 am46
JerWu17 wrote:
I agree that the Stendy relationship does not create good story plots because, to put it in racing terms, Wendy wears the firesuit in the relationship (see episodes 1209/1313/1404), so there is less of a romantic element there.

For some odd reason, M&T seems to be unwilling to use Wendy for supporting roles unless it relates to her relationship with Stan. They mostly only use her in the very rare instances where a main role requires a girl/liberal kid character. So in that sense, Wendy is better described as an occasional main character rather than as a supporting character.

Unlike other supporting kid characters, Wendy in her past appearances has demonstrated a rich, deep personality that typically only main characters possess. This is the reason why I like her as much as Stan and Kyle, even though her usage level is excruciating low.

IMO the only way to see Wendy more in future episodes is if M&T stop seeing her as only "Stan's girlfriend". M&T should be more open to use Wendy in intelligent gender-neutral main character roles instead of automatically resorting to using Stan or Kyle. Otherwise, Wendy would be hard-pressed to find a place in a show that covers very little of the female realm.

amen to that! One of Wendy (and the show's) strongest episodes was The Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset. (Wendy and Stan's relationship was on hiatus at the time) and Stan plays a very, very minor role in that episode.
p.s. I wonder what Miss Testaburger made of her boyfriend's adventures in San Diego? :lol:
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:56 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
she was probably pissed he made her look 'insensitive' with everyone else
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSun Apr 15, 2012 2:21 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
forbidden_moose wrote:
JerWu17 wrote:
I agree that the Stendy relationship does not create good story plots because, to put it in racing terms, Wendy wears the firesuit in the relationship (see episodes 1209/1313/1404), so there is less of a romantic element there.

For some odd reason, M&T seems to be unwilling to use Wendy for supporting roles unless it relates to her relationship with Stan. They mostly only use her in the very rare instances where a main role requires a girl/liberal kid character. So in that sense, Wendy is better described as an occasional main character rather than as a supporting character.

Unlike other supporting kid characters, Wendy in her past appearances has demonstrated a rich, deep personality that typically only main characters possess. This is the reason why I like her as much as Stan and Kyle, even though her usage level is excruciating low.

IMO the only way to see Wendy more in future episodes is if M&T stop seeing her as only "Stan's girlfriend". M&T should be more open to use Wendy in intelligent gender-neutral main character roles instead of automatically resorting to using Stan or Kyle. Otherwise, Wendy would be hard-pressed to find a place in a show that covers very little of the female realm.

amen to that! One of Wendy (and the show's) strongest episodes was The Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset. (Wendy and Stan's relationship was on hiatus at the time) and Stan plays a very, very minor role in that episode.
p.s. I wonder what Miss Testaburger made of her boyfriend's adventures in San Diego? :lol:

Well just like Sharon Marsh, she will need to shoulder more than her fair share of shame over her man if she wants to be hooked up with a Marsh male.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 5:50 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
So far, Stan has jacked it TWICE in San Diego. I wanna see a Stendy episode next week.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 pm Offline
The last Wendy focused episode was Dances With Smurfs in 2009, I think it's time for another Wendy-centric episode.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Apr 23, 2012 1:10 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Well there we go, finally some solid air time for Wendy this run coming up this week.

Not personally expecting too much from this episode though. The better Wendy-featured episodes all had her apart from or at odds with the other SP girls. This separation allows her to better display her higher maturity and sophistication. When she's with the other girls, she just gets lost in the crowd.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Apr 23, 2012 1:38 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
nwt000 wrote:
I found that someone screencapped this on Facebook. It's from American Dad:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/531346_129226020542010_100003638394304_125406_1120155554_n.jpg
Looks awful familiar, huh?

Alright Wendy, f*ck 'em up. :cartmanlaugh:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Apr 23, 2012 7:10 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
From the brief clip I've seen, it looks like Bebe is the lead girl in the new episode 1607, helping Nicole, while Wendy is part of the group.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 26, 2012 1:02 pm Offline
surprise surprise, the girls did nothing. As usual.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostThu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
HAcoreRD wrote:
surprise surprise, the girls did nothing. As usual.

I wish Trey and Matt would give them more screen time and lines on the show. They have so much potential, yet so little use.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostFri Apr 27, 2012 1:28 pm Offline
At least they had lines this past episode. It was nice to see Bebe talking after so long. It's interesting all the baby photos that keep popping up in the show, there were some of Kyle in Jewbacabra in his house, and now one of Bebe. I hope Nichole isn't a one time only character.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSun Apr 29, 2012 11:47 am Offline
Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:42 pm29
Yeah I like the girls a lot! A miss an episode like The List or Stupid Spoiled Whore. They're always really funny.
Another Strendy episode would be great as well. I love them!
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostSun Jun 24, 2012 11:38 am Offline
nothingtoseehere wrote:
Yeah I like the girls a lot! A miss an episode like The List or Stupid Spoiled Whore. They're always really funny.
Another Strendy episode would be great as well. I love them!

Stan/Wendy episodes are the only way she'll get screen time it'd seem.
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Jun 25, 2012 10:16 am Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm22
wendys a dumb bitch!!! they should send her to the moon on a mexicant rocket
Re: The Official Wendy Disscussion Thread thru S20 PostMon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 pm Offline
borceem wrote:
wendys a dumb bitch!!! they should send her to the moon on a mexicant rocket

Be careful!
She'll shoot you into the sun!

Sort by  
Page 7 of 9 127 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next