Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 11 posts
Author Message
Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostFri Apr 06, 2012 9:52 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm3
Can anyone tell me why kenny pretty much always has his face covered? I think he may be insecure about the way he looks or something. What do you guys think?
Waiting for the day that kenny's face is shown more offten.
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostSat Apr 07, 2012 11:15 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
The only explanation offered for that is that he's poor, so his parka doesn't protect him from the cold all that well, and he tightens his hood sometimes to make himself a little warmer.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostSat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
According to a video source which has since been removed, "Kenny is closely based on a childhood friend of Parker who was also named Kenny, with whom he shares several attributes; he was the poorest kid in the neighborhood and would wear a tightly-drawn orange parka that muffled his speech, and brown gloves.[18]"
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostSat Apr 07, 2012 11:56 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
It also refers to a character in A Christmas Story whose mom dresses him up so tightly that he looks like a scarecrow, with a scarf wrapped tightly around his face, all to keep him warm.

--------------v
Image
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostSat Apr 07, 2012 1:55 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
...I CAN'T PUT MY ARMS DOWN!!!
:lol:

I think it's just to muffle his voice so he can get away with saying stuff unbleeped.
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostSun Apr 08, 2012 6:33 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
BRMBug wrote:
I think it's just to muffle his voice so he can get away with saying stuff unbleeped.

Essentially. In the early seasons he was frequently used as a means to get around the censors.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm3
Big-Will wrote:
The only explanation offered for that is that he's poor, so his parka doesn't protect him from the cold all that well, and he tightens his hood sometimes to make himself a little warmer.


I'm also talking about moments like in "pee" where he doesn't have his hood on and you still can't see his face.
Waiting for the day that kenny's face is shown more offten.
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostFri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 am Offline
  • Profile
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I think that was just to keep the gag going.
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostFri Apr 13, 2012 12:27 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Harrypadar wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
The only explanation offered for that is that he's poor, so his parka doesn't protect him from the cold all that well, and he tightens his hood sometimes to make himself a little warmer.


I'm also talking about moments like in "pee" where he doesn't have his hood on and you still can't see his face.

He was just facing away from camera there, though. Are you saying he knows the camera exists? That'd be pretty wild.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostSat Jun 09, 2012 2:30 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun May 13, 2012 7:05 pm5
maybe it's like in Home Improvement with the neighbour where you never get to see his face
Re: Explaination for the lack of kenny's face? PostSun Jun 10, 2012 3:52 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
NeuroHeart wrote:
Harrypadar wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
The only explanation offered for that is that he's poor, so his parka doesn't protect him from the cold all that well, and he tightens his hood sometimes to make himself a little warmer.


I'm also talking about moments like in "pee" where he doesn't have his hood on and you still can't see his face.

He was just facing away from camera there, though. Are you saying he knows the camera exists? That'd be pretty wild.

Hm, now THAT'S an interesting idea to build upon.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 1 of 1 11 posts


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X