Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 11 posts
Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostWed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 pm Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
Mrs. Marsh is way, WAY too normal. She has none of the craziness that her husband has, no affairs, no vices, no nude pics from when she was young., nothing.

Mrs. Marsh needs to be more insane , like everyone else.
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:48 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
That's what makes her a good character. She isn't crazy. Not everyone needs to be crazy in SP. I love Sharon because she's normal and stern and loving at the same time. Sharon's better imo than her husband. He's just an idiot really. That's all there really is to say.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
I think Sharon's my favorite female character. Yeah, she's dull and the whole "the wife knows better than and acts as the foil to the bumbling husband" has been done a million times and is basically reverse-sexism, but since Randy and Sharon aren't the main characters, it doesn't feel overdone.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostSun Apr 15, 2012 11:57 pm Offline
In order to have a semi-normal home there needs to be a person who takes charge and rationalizes things. Sharon (and Stan) do that. They level out the crazy and show not everyone in town has to be an idiot. There's so much potential to make Sharon do all sorts of things. We got to see a bit of her strong mind and will in Creme Fraiche. I hope we can see more of it soon. She's my fav of the adults.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostMon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Well she did lead the charge to bludgeon to death the cast of "Queer Eye", so she's not totally sane either.

Like that one time, Stan got a new goldfish for a pet - and I seem to remember Sharon murdering several people and burying their bodies out in her yard, and an incident involving Barbrady's pants.

Relatively normal, but she's still a SP character.
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostMon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm Offline
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm182
I like Sharon and her sanity. She's very compassionate and motherly and I like that about her, thinking about her children and husband other then herself. She's like the only sane mom (excluding Wendy and Token's moms) on the show.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostTue Oct 30, 2012 1:53 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Sharon is an awesome character, but her sanity is a tad exaggerated. She's always had a low temper - in Season 2, she was even crazier than her husband, yelling at Stan quite frequently. Obviously now, she's generally the level-head to Randy, but she's definitely very frustrated and angry, which is a little more interesting than a blindly understanding and sweet housewife.

Also, Stan himself isn't really that funny either, he inherited his mother's sanity and to a certain degree, her anger and frustration.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostWed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Don't forget in Spooky Fish Sharon kept burying the dead people that she thought Stan had killed (the goldfish did it). She also tied Barbrady in the basement and took his pants off. She was really out of character here, but of course it wasn't a normal episode. It was the Halloween show.
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostWed Oct 31, 2012 6:40 am Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
I LOVE Sharon's normality and dry sarcasm. One of my favorite character's from Stan's family along with Shelly. Far better than Randy :D
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostWed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Don't forget in Spooky Fish Sharon kept burying the dead people that she thought Stan had killed (the goldfish did it). She also tied Barbrady in the basement and took his pants off. She was really out of character here, but of course it wasn't a normal episode. It was the Halloween show.

I would say most Season 2 episodes Sharon seems a little off in personality. The guest writers definitely wanted her to be a catty bitch. Take "Merry Christmas, Charlie Manson" - the old Sharon screamed at Stan, but the new Sharon would probably hold her hands in fear while Randy says something 'funny'.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Unofficial Mrs. Marsh thread PostThu Nov 01, 2012 1:18 am Offline
I loved Sharon last week in Nightmare on Face Time. :D She totally wasn't fazed at all with Randy being a crazy r-tard. Loved how Stan tells her 'something's wrong with Dad' and she just says, 'Ya think?' :lol: And how she calmly was talking on the phone when Randy stalked her. And the end 'You want to continue being frozen?'

She's been pretty funny this season. :)

Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 11 posts