Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 9 posts
come on stan PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:52 pm Offline
Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 pm12
anyone notice stans starting to become a major attention whore, hes already jacked it in san diego twice and lost a nike endorcement..hes starting to be a dick and idk why..sti my fav though lol
Re: come on stan PostSat Nov 03, 2012 7:07 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT NOW!?!?!? :shock:

:lol:

It is an odd direction they're taking him in... I guess Trey knows what he's doing, but I don't expect Stan to stay that way. Things do change from ep to ep to suit their needs.
Re: come on stan PostSat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 pm Offline
Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:50 am14
kaizainy wrote:
anyone notice stans starting to become a major attention whore, hes already jacked it in san diego twice and lost a nike endorcement..hes starting to be a dick and idk why..sti my fav though lol

Yeah I've noticed that too. He's been acting differently all season.

Cash for Gold: Convinces a guy to kill himself(technically it was the old people but he got the ball rolling). Slightly justified because he cared about his grandfather.

Faith Hilling: First to betray his friends for the new meme.

Butterballs: Exploits Butters for money in an anti bullying video. Again using the "kill yourself" phrase however this time directed to an inanimate thing. Dances naked in San Diego.

Ziplining: Sells friends out for a free Ipod nano. Dances naked in San Diego again.

And of course in this recent episode only caring about his self image.
Re: come on stan PostSat Nov 03, 2012 8:49 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
No more Mr. Nice Guy. Good job, Stan.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: come on stan PostSun Nov 04, 2012 4:16 pm Offline
Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm22
In the Going Native episode, when Butters told them all what he really thinks of them, he said something about Kyle being a know it all. But then he said something like Stan only cares about himself and his image. Maybe that's what they've had planned for Stan's character.
I like it though, it is funny and Stan has always tried to be cool, going along with fads and that kind of thing.
Re: come on stan PostMon Nov 05, 2012 1:16 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I'm not a fan of the direction Stan has been taken this season either. Ya he's always been a fan of fads but he's also the one who gives them up before anyone else too. He's been so absorbed in himself and sold his friends out countless times. It's just... not like him.

Season 17 needs emotional,sensitive animal-loving hippie Stan, major!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: come on stan PostSat Dec 01, 2012 1:45 am Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
Fridge brilliance: After the events of "You're Getting Old"/"Ass Burgers", Stan lost all of his idealism and decided that the only way to succeed in life was to join everyone else in a quest for attention.

Just a random theory, but it's possible. We know that Stan is/was one of the only sane people in town. Maybe dealing with all of that finally got to him, which is how "You're Getting Old" happened.

I wouldn't mind if he stays like this, but we'd need more Kyle or Wendy to compensate for the loss of a levelheaded voice.
Re: come on stan PostSun Dec 02, 2012 2:50 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I wouldn't want the level-headness to go to another character. All the characters are a certain way and have certain personalities for a reason. They just need Stan to be that way again. Wendy never really was the voice of reason about something as far as I can remember...? They never focus much on the girls to give that role to one of them.

I guess after all the craziness in YGO and AB, Stan's view of the world got kinda screwed up. To think being a popular kid and have all the attention is defiantly not the right way to go young man. Like I said, sensitive emotional animal lover is needed for season 17. That is Stan.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: come on stan PostFri Jan 11, 2013 3:08 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:22 pm38
Yes I have noticed that. I also noticed that his temper is getting kind of short, and he is becoming more self defensive. like the episode where Craig claims Stan cut off his WWJD bracelet, and wound up getting told off by a pissed off Stan. I think Craig is a little afraid of Stan now, because now Stan is a don't f*ck with me or I'll punch you in the face kind of guy. But, I like the new Stan. he's tougher. 8)
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 9 posts