Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
Can SP Cartoon Style be used in Business Logo? PostMon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 am Offline
Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 am2
So, I know the actual SP characters are trademarked and couldn't be used in your business logo to promote your business.

But I've been looking for the answer to this question and just can't find it.

If you created a unique character to go alongside your business website logo that looked like yourself, and promoted your business with that image off-line, would it violate any copyrights or trademarks?
Re: Can SP Cartoon Style be used in Business Logo? PostMon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
I don't think there's a copyright violation on the SP style, but I wouldn't be surprised if Viacom's lawyers jump on you for capitalizing on the show's success.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Can SP Cartoon Style be used in Business Logo? PostTue Aug 28, 2012 1:17 am Offline
Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 am2
Yea that's sorta what I'm thinking. I remember yeaaaars ago see'n some dudes promoting stuff with SP style characters on their shirts and thinking "can they do that?"

Ha, years later I'm thinking of it again for my own site. Guess I'll have to look into finding a graphic designer.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts