Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 6 posts
Why are Matt and Trey such republican dicks? PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:05 pm Offline
Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 pm1
I realize that as millionaires Matt and Trey want to keep their money, but it's us poor f*ckers that watch and buy their sh*t... what gives? I've learned something today, Matt and Trey paying a higher tax rate only puts more money in our poor pockets to buy more of their sh*t.
Re: Why are Matt and Trey such republican dicks? PostFri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Matt and Trey allow us to watch episodes of their show online for free and have expressed little concern about copyright.

Don't like something? Don't buy it.

Fuck off, troll.
Re: Why are Matt and Trey such republican dicks? PostFri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
richskewis wrote:
I realize that as millionaires Matt and Trey want to keep their money, but it's us poor f*ckers that watch and buy their sh*t... what gives? I've learned something today, Matt and Trey paying a higher tax rate only puts more money in our poor pockets to buy more of their sh*t.

What makes you think they're Republican dicks. They could be Libertarian dicks for all you know.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Why are Matt and Trey such republican dicks? PostFri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
richskewis wrote:
...Matt and Trey paying a higher tax rate only puts more money in our poor pockets to buy more of their sh*t.

And this is a bad thing because...
Re: Why are Matt and Trey such republican dicks? PostFri Oct 05, 2012 11:33 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
You know, having watched the show since it started 16 years ago I have seen just about every position mocked relentlessly. Regardless of Matt and Trey's own beliefs they mock absurdities when they see it and don't hold back. Hell, by season 2 they called out Atlas Shrugged, which is damn near a holy book for Libertarians, as unreadable tripe. Nobody has ever been safe from ridicule by the show.

At the same time they were mocking the moral guardians on the left for going to far in trying to shelter everyone. Sometime in the last decade or so that became a right wing thing and South Park still mocks moral guardians when the joke is ripe. Once again, the show is fairly good at being equal opportunity regardless of their personal politics.

What should matter is if the jokes are funny or not. Politics have always been fair game for comedians and the good ones may still have their bias, but can craft something that has enough truth to make the joke work. It's entertainment and people should be secure enough in their own beliefs to not get pissy over a joke that targets their positions/favored candidates.

And by the way.... I'm saying this as a progressive leaning voter.
Re: Why are Matt and Trey such republican dicks? PostSat Oct 06, 2012 2:13 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
BRMBug wrote:
richskewis wrote:
...Matt and Trey paying a higher tax rate only puts more money in our poor pockets to buy more of their sh*t.

And this is a bad thing because...

…something Walmart this way comes? Because some "poor fuckers" won't stop buying shit and bitching about it, when all they need to do is look in the mirror hidden somewhere in the television department?

Okay, so Matt and Trey are dicks. And the Film Actors' Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an alien cockroach asshole who died because he got tired of being fucked by so many dicks simultaneously. So what else is new here?

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 6 posts