Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
I escape television to watch these Episodes and now... PostSat Oct 06, 2012 3:41 am Offline
Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:34 am1
WTF dudes! Used to be that there were two or three commercials the whole episode through, and now it's gone television! Is this due to zero depreciation? Has it gotten so bad that your accountants are telling you guys to stream buttloads of commercials like it was some form of Comedy Central around here? Love South Park, figure out something better with the commercials... It's annoying and it's pissing off your non sycophant viewers! Tanx- Rich
Re: I escape television to watch these Episodes and now... PostMon Oct 08, 2012 11:16 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
You don't like their presence here? Get yourself an ad blocker and stop bitching!
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: I escape television to watch these Episodes and now... PostTue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
You do realize that shows do require money to be produced? This revenue is headlined by advertisements and it has been a staple of television since the 1950s. With the widespread move toward the internet and streamed video you are seeing a reallocation of those ad dollars.

I don't care for ads but learned a long time ago to occupy myself during those 3 minutes or so. That said, I can't begrudge ads as it is a major part of how media is produced. What I don't care for is how media has become damn near a monopoly, but that's a very long discussion with a number of nuances. Like it or not, internet ads are here to stay.

On the other hand, not many shows have every single episode for this many seasons available for free. That's pretty cool actually. And if you don't want ads, there are methods around some of it or the time honored tradition of purchasing the seasons on disk and having the luxury of running through episodes uninterrupted.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts