Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 24 posts Previous  1, 2
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 8:49 pm Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 pm779Somewhere out there, under the rainy sky
Quote:
They should make a video game, like, called" Jack Thompson the mutilator, and make it an extremely violent game, where you could play Jack Thompson going on a murderous rampage. I'm sure that would piss him off.

That is one hella good idea, the only problem being... um, someone's already had the idea of making a game where Jesus Thompson goes on a rampage, and that man was none other than JT himself! Oh, and even after the game he 'commisioned' on the promisse that he'd pay $10,000 into the charity of the developers choice, he refused point blank when a whole host of games were actually compleated. Just search for 'Jack thompsons modest proposal' on google if you wanna find out more, it's pretty big right now (about the size of google).
PostMon Jun 25, 2007 5:26 am Offline
Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:57 am10
Wow, I just wiki'd it, craziness. Anyone know if the gta sa murd sim mod works?
PostWed Jun 27, 2007 7:49 pm Offline
Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:37 pm1
Hi :P
PostThu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 am Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
Games don't kill people. If someone kills someone els because of the game, they are crazy and were bound to kill in time. They will still get triggered to kill from a movie or just watching CNN.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
PostThu Jun 28, 2007 3:09 am Offline
Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:29 am147Scotland
Im with you, people like Jack are looking for thd golden Scapegoat because he cant be a*sed blaming himself for allowing his kids to play a game that isnt suited to them.....why do they rate games to show people what age range should be playing it not because they felt like putting it there it is there to warn us.

its because of people like him that Manhunt 2 is banned at the minute. But the ban will be lifted thanks to everyone who is backing the ban to be lifted

(go here to sign the petition

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/s ... unt-2.html )

It is people like him that will say that video games influence us......i dont think so, i have played video games all my life and i am not influenced by them at all (apart from my split personality but charlie will explain that later :chaos: )

but ask your self this, What games did Jack the ripper play before he murdered everyone? What games did Ted Bundy play before he killed everyone as well?

Crazy people are crazy for a reason and video games are not the cause but everyone looks for something to blame. Take for example here in britain, a few years ago when Manhunt came out a couple of weeks later a young boy of 17 murdered his friend of 14 and they blamed Manhunt because he had a copy of it. There are far worse things out there than violent video game like sick film aka saw and every time you turn on the news does it not say a local boy/girl was killed today? ect ect but this didnt influence them in anyway at all :shock:

there we go i have had my rant im happy now
ImageImage

Just returned from the death camp of Tolerance
Thanks Mr. Hat_DX27 for the Sig.
PostThu Jun 28, 2007 6:24 pm Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:35 pm779Somewhere out there, under the rainy sky
I kno we shouldn't give him the airtime, but JT needs to be laughed into nonexistance: just search him on google if you wanna hear some of the things he blames games for, you'll get the biggest laugh of your lives.
Oh, and in response to whoever said "crazy people do stuff for a reason," what reason does JT have for all the stuff he does esxcept he's one crazey beatch?
Re: Jack Thompson PostSat Jul 18, 2009 1:59 pm Offline
Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:43 pm0
I've wanted Jack Thompson to feel the wrath of South Park for many, many years... If there's one person this show HAS to make fun of, it's him.
Re: Jack Thompson PostSat Jul 18, 2009 3:33 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Good to see not everyone has forgotten jackboy. I recently saw him defending a video game against FOX news for a sex scene in it, it was like watching the weatherman tell me hell had frozen over. But the dude's a crackpot in the public eye, and deserves an unhealthy dose of ridicule for his massacre chasing antics.

I am however starting to realize that video games may have some effect on a person's behavior and development, and that playing silent hill 2 five times in a row as a kid probably had more of an impact than I realized at the time, the power of a video game to change someone's personality is severely limited unless they play the same game an unhealthy amount of time, and this is true of all media. He should promote verity in a person's media diet. Media will never compete with education, economy and religion as a source of change in a person, and all change is restricted by upbringing and genetics. An obsessive love of violent video games is more a sign of a violent disposition than a cause, though it probably pushes the kid further in that direction. Thompson is still a douche though for targeting videogames specifically, and in championing bans rather than regulation :P
Re: Jack Thompson PostSun Nov 01, 2009 8:49 am Offline
Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm10
I do agree that video games can desensitize people to violence but I do not see them as a cause of violence. I don't blame the makers of the games, but I more or less blame the parents who buy the games. They buy them to shut the kid up and that is it. They never bother to learn anything about the game.

Several years ago I worked a toys r us. I had to cover in the video game section for a co-workers lunch. A woman came up with a 9 year old kid with her and handed me a copy of Grand Theft Auto (San Andreas I believe(that or Vice City)) which had just recently come out. I looked at the kid and then asked the mom what she knew about the game. She said "All i know is he wants it..". Then I proceeded to tell her of all the violence and stealing cars, and the hookers, all that good stuff. Here eyes went wide and she said "Well he's not getting THAT!". The little brat shot me daggers with his eyes. :lol: I just thought "Kid if you were my son or little brother no way in hell would I let you near that game. You are WAY to young for that." If the kid was 14 or so I can see letting him play it no problem. I also showed her the ratings and info on the back. Felt good to inform a parent and screw over a little kid like that who was trying to sneak on past old mom..

I just feel it is wrong to say "I played GTA and then stole a car. The game made me do it!".. No your lack of common sense and proper parental supervision/upbringing now or as a child is the reason for your stupidity.

Watch the show Bait Car sometime. These people are idiots! They see the car unlocked and immediately decide to steal it. Then they are busted and say "Someone told me to move it officer!" They got the whole thing on video. Hell saw a few where the person just got out of jail the day before for the same thing! You think video games caused this? No. Lack of beating some sense into them as kids is what did it.

I'm not a violent person. I've never really been in any fights, never done drugs, never stole anything, never damaged property, etc. Why? Because I had good parenting and was taught right from wrong. Simple as that.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 24 posts Previous  1, 2