Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 26 posts 1, 2  Next
Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSun Jan 27, 2008 10:16 pm Offline
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:10 pm33Body in LA- Brain in London
I kind of imagined this episode of South Park to begin like this:
A resident of South Park (could be Scott Tenorman, a minor characters older sibling, or an young adult living in SP but knows the boys in some way) recently died in Iraq and everyone in South Park wants to give a great furenal for this guy. On the day of the furenal, the residents of South Park wake up to find members of the Westboro Baptist Church standing infront of the church and protesting the furenal.

Well, everyone in South Park is angry about it, but it gets worse. Once the WBC finds out that most of the residents are Catholic (except the Broflowskis, who are Jews), they start picketing, stating that all Catholics and Jews are going to hell.

The boys are angry at these wackos, so they form their own plan to drive them out of South Park forever.

(My ideal endind would be for the WBC to be killed off, like what happened to PETA in the episode "Douche and Turd.")

What do you guys think of this.

I got the idea for this after reading an article that the WBC announced plans to picket Heath Ledgers memorial service. After doing a little more research, I found out that the WBC is a wackjob hate group/cult. So that is how the episode was born.
New Topic for an episode PostTue Feb 12, 2008 1:44 pm Offline
Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:41 pm1
Matt and Trey should do a show poking fun of the WBC. Those religious nuts deserve it.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostTue Feb 12, 2008 10:20 pm Offline
Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:30 pm1169WEZZA
dont you think theve dont enough of chruchs for now
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSat Feb 16, 2008 8:25 pm Offline
Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:16 pm1
Yeah, I totally agree. I was going to post this idea myself, but someone beat me to it. There was a shooting recently at Northern Illinois University and WBC plans to picket that, and they recently picketed in my hometown over a store shooting and the resulting funerals. If it helps, here is a video documentary on the bastards: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5638&hl=en
Also, their website: http://www.godhatesfags.com
I am all for free-speech and all, but these guys are just really really retarded and I would love to see them get their comeuppance. But yeah the documentary looks like it has all the character profiles you need. And it's not a church it's a cult. They've done Scientology, Blanetology (lol) , and I think that's it. That's all for cult episodes.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSat Feb 16, 2008 8:33 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
They picket the Space Shuttle Collumbbia remains on their website, and praise GOD for the collumbine massacre, what DON'T the WBC picket? For one family, admitedly incestuous and large, they achieved quite a lot, you gotta admit. Just think what'd happen if they used their media savy for good?

Never mind. WBC needs tearing a new a-hole, but like president Bush, I think they can do it all by themselves. They don't need Matt and Trey's help and, well, it's too easy for their liking.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSat Feb 16, 2008 11:40 pm Offline
Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 am1
WBC also picket at other local churchs. If Trey and Matt decide to make an episode on the WBC. They should add the cult picketing at all the churchs in SP in the story line. That's just my $0.02

Thanks for the video link RjGrill.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSun Feb 17, 2008 6:51 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:

It's hard to consider WBC a church, just like how alot of people don't consider Scientology a church.

At any rate, WBC has something coming to then, I think this would be an awesome episode idea. If someone needs to die in Iraq, wouldn't Jimbo or Ned be a choice, though killing either could possibly hurt the series in a sense. (Maybe not Ned, but Jimbo dying could impact the Marsh family)
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostWed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 pm Offline
Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm82Toronto
You guys all know that the whole WBC is just a scam?

Basically the only ones in the church are the guy's family.

Apparently everyone in the family has some sort of law degree.

They're basically waiting for someone to come up and punch them in the face or try to make them get off the property they're protesting.

When that happens they sue for stopping freedom of speech and sh*t and try to make a buck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Phelps himself is a disbarred lawyer.

Basically these guys are as religious as Scientology.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostThu Feb 21, 2008 12:44 am Offline
HAcoreRD wrote:
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:

It's hard to consider WBC a church, just like how alot of people don't consider Scientology a church.

At any rate, WBC has something coming to then, I think this would be an awesome episode idea. If someone needs to die in Iraq, wouldn't Jimbo or Ned be a choice, though killing either could possibly hurt the series in a sense. (Maybe not Ned, but Jimbo dying could impact the Marsh family)

but stuill we have though
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostFri Feb 22, 2008 2:53 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Balistic wrote:
Basically these guys are as religious as Scientology

Thanks for the information (i really didn't know they ALL had law degrees, ones they could use that is) but, well, they deserve a thrashing as much or more than scientologists!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostFri Feb 22, 2008 11:54 pm Offline
asmuch as i lov to see tenorman again it wonmt happen as a minor he learnt his lesson
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostTue Mar 04, 2008 3:18 pm Offline
Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 pm82Bountiful, Utah
This is an excellent idea for a future episode. I would like to add one more group to the mix. Gary Harrison's LDS family. Recently, Gordon B. Hinckley, the former President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints passed away. The Westboro Baptists protested his funeral as well. This way, the Catholics, Mormons and Jews could work together to drive these bigots out of South Park. The fictional town of South Park may have its problems, but I would rather live there than next door to the Westboro Baptist Church. Thank-You
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSun Mar 16, 2008 10:29 am Offline
Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:47 pm20Elk Grove, California
This I could definitely see them doing.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostMon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 pm Offline
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:10 pm33Body in LA- Brain in London
Acutally, I had a great idea how the episode ends. It should end with the members of the WBC trying to gain access into Heaven, but God sends them into Hell (ala what happens to Kenny in the movie). But they try to get in but are chased out by a mob of angry people the WBC damned in life (such as Gordon B. Hinckley, Heath Ledger, etc).
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostWed Apr 02, 2008 4:53 pm Offline
Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 pm82Bountiful, Utah
Be careful if you want to damn someone because he advocates the practice of Christianity in its purest form. Are you planning to join the Westboro Baptist Church? You would feel right at home. Thank-You

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 26 posts 1, 2  Next