Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 26 posts Previous  1, 2
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSun Sep 20, 2009 8:05 pm Offline
Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm82Toronto
This is a great episode idea.

If they do do the episode I hope the South Park writers do some fact checking for example, most of the people in the WBC are lawyers.

All the WBC are actually doing is picketing events in hopes that the government will take them away and then WBC can sue for some money.

They want people to come up and try to hit them so they can get cash in the law suit over free speech.

Check his Wikipedia profile he's a disbarred lawyer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

It'd be great if south park could expose these guys just like the scientologists.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostSun Nov 01, 2009 8:02 am Offline
Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm10
Like someone said I'm all for free speech and for freedom of religion. But this is a perversion of religion. I highly doubt god (if he exists) looks at these people and thinks "Good work my children". I'd think he'd mourn the loss of any life especially in a tragic way like the ones the protest. These people deserve to be ridiculed more than the Scientologists, the Whale Wars nuts, or WWE.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostFri Nov 06, 2009 3:29 am Offline
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:04 pm8
Very cool idea, sir. I've recently only heard about them, which is pretty ironic i came across this. I was actually thinking the same thing once I saw the picket sign in the most recent episode, which was "The F-word", where you can see at one point some one is hold up a rainbow colored sign, closely resembling the WBC signs. Maybe they're hinting to their next episode and you've called it dead on. That'd be so awesome if you called that one.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostFri Nov 06, 2009 3:32 am Offline
Yeah, you're very right, man. The leader of this foundation is the father/grandfather/great grandfather to most of these people, and he's been reported as spreading hate throughout the world for several years, and even been imprisoned several times as well. His name's Fred Phelps, I believe....
Billistic wrote:
This is a great episode idea.

If they do do the episode I hope the South Park writers do some fact checking for example, most of the people in the WBC are lawyers.

All the WBC are actually doing is picketing events in hopes that the government will take them away and then WBC can sue for some money.

They want people to come up and try to hit them so they can get cash in the law suit over free speech.

Check his Wikipedia profile he's a disbarred lawyer:

It'd be great if south park could expose these guys just like the scientologists.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostFri Nov 06, 2009 3:43 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
casenopolis wrote:
His name's Fred Phelps, I believe....
Billistic wrote:

The name is right in the link. :P ;)
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostFri Nov 06, 2009 3:52 am Offline
whoops.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostMon Nov 30, 2009 6:27 pm Offline
Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:13 pm0
Meh. I don't really care to see WBC bashing on SP. It's too easy, and too popular. When Matt and Trey make a really brilliant episode, it isn't as obvious as this. In the Dances With Smurfs episode, they poked fun at Glenn Beck the whole time without coming out and saying it. In Margaritaville, SP spoofed on the ministry of Jesus according to the Gospels, while also poking fun at the government and our economy which made for a very clever and interesting episode. The problem with season 13, was that it started becoming too obvious what they were satirizing, which made it boring and unintersting for those watching (i.e, Jonas Brothers, Kanye West, Michael Jackson, Whale Wars, etc.). In the good ol' days of SP, not every episode HAD to be a satire, and that's what kept it interesting. When they did satirize something, they kept it subtle, which gave viewers the sense of an inside joke, and also superior intellect.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostTue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 pm Offline
Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 am0
this is a great idea matt amd trey should definetly use this idea
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostMon Mar 21, 2011 11:33 pm Offline
Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:28 pm0
I have a feeling Cartman would like WBC's message.
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostMon May 09, 2011 11:23 am Offline
Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 am3
i have no clue what the church is but its a really good idea, i think they could have a in your face attitude though maybe hating token and his family and all the gays in south park if they arent accepting of gays and blacks ect. But i think it would be brilliant to have an episode about something that isnt the most popular thing in the world at the time. Like the ipad or that germans arent funny, and the doctor who reference was really out of date and just seemed a bit odd for some reason. The entire of that funnybot episode looked like it was designed for a really young audience.

I went off topic but i cba removing it
Re: Westboro Baptist Church comes to South Park! PostFri Aug 05, 2011 2:03 pm Offline
Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm0
I've considered this idea, but I think the problem is that ultimately it would give them publicity. WBC does what it does to get attention (usually bad, but even so) and this episode would get them out there, so they might consider it helpful. Of course, we would all be laughing at them, but if the episode isn't EXTREMELY SCATHING (which, knowing Matt and Trey, it easily could be), it won't really accomplish anything.

And I also agree with the people who have already said it would be too easy to poke fun at them.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 26 posts Previous  1, 2