Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
Be careful what you say PostMon Sep 10, 2012 11:46 pm Offline
Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 am54hot as fuck arizona
When Denny's alarm clock blared the sound of the music from his clok radio at 7 o'clock that Wednesday morning, there was nothing to suggest that anything bad was about to happen that afternoon. Denny reached out and shut the alarm off, then rolled over onto his back and stretched out, cursing loudly at the obligation of getting up for school.

After finally getting up and getting done in the bathroom, he met his half brother and best friend, Kyle, in the kitchen. After their usual greeting of "good morning" and handshake/tight hug , they headed to grab breakfast. Each choosing different cereals, they poured their milk in and sat at the table.

The boys were quiet for a few minutes, just eating, then Denny opened conversation.

"So, how'd you sleep last night, dude?", he asked in a lazy drawl.

"Oh dude, I only slept a couple hours. I had a nightmare that we were at Yellowstone park or something and there was a huge eruption that killed everyone except me. I was torn between shock at losing you guys, and feeling overwhelmed at trying to figure out what the f*ck I was going to do.", explained Kyle.

"Wow, that sounds pretty f*cked up.",remarked Denny.

"Yeah, then once I finally woke up from that one, it scared me so bad that I couldn't fall back asleep, no matter how long I tried, and you figure this was since about 1 this morning.", said Kyle.

"Come here...". Denny grabbed Kyle around the shoulders and spun him around, then gave him such a tight hug that only one's best friend can possibly give.

"Thanks. I really needed that.", whispered Kyle, fighting back a tear.

"Hey man, don't mention it.", said Denny, fighting one back himself.

"So, what are we supposed to be doing today?", asked Kyle,, after a few moments silence.

"I don't know but I'll tell you one thing, I've NEVER been used to getting up so f*cking early.", said Denny, desperately waiting for a laugh.

Kyle laughed weakly. "I hear that but it's better than going at night, I gyess."

"Yeah..." Denny trailed off, not wanting to let on that it had shaken him up to hear about that dream.

Finishing breakfast in silence, the boys then went two seperate ways to get dressed and make sure they had what they needed for school, then back downstairs, headed outside.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep or maybe he just didn't see it, but halfway to the bus stop, Kyle had caused a major distraction by slipping hard on a slab of black ice that he normally would've avoided. Kids walking behind them immediatly rushed to help as
Kyle, who landed flat on his back, moaned with agony.

"Dude! Are you all right?!" Do you want me to call anybody?!", asked Denny urgently.

"No no, I'm fine. Just leave me here for a couple minutes.", moaned Kyle.

"Are you sure?", asked Denny. "You look pretty..."

"Just go to the goddamned bus stop!",snapped Kyle.

Denny was startled at this but decided this was no time to press the subject. After one last glance, he turned around and headed where he was going. Kyle hobbled behind him moments later.

"motherf*cker! This is a sh*tty day already!", cursed Kyle, under his breath, as he took his usual place by Denny.

"Are you all right?", asked Denny gently.

"Oh, yeah.", said Kyle. "Hey man, I'm sorry about biting your head off back there. I don't want to take that sh*t out on you."
Denny gave Kyle another big hug.

"Hey man, I know seeing that sh*t in the dream was really hard but I promise you, we're not going anywhere anytime soon.",, said Denny soothingly.

Kyle took a deep breath. "Dude, how could I get through any of this without you?", he asked, weakly.

"Well, since I'm here now, you don't have to.", said Denny.

"I know I still have Stan but a best friend just isn't the same as a brother and I don't care if I have only known you not quite a year."

"Dude, just calm down.", said Denny,gently, putting his arm around Kyle's and steering him over to a place to sit.

"Hey guys!", spoke a voice from a few feet away. Stsn, having just arrived at the bus stop too, came over to see what was going on.

Before he could get 5 feet toward Kyle, Denny stepped forward to halt him.

"Dude, I know what you're thinking but just give him some time.", said Denny, as soon as Stan got near him.

"But, what's going...?"

"I'll tell you in a bit, let's just say Kyle isn't having a good day so far.", said Denny, quickly.

"Oh...", said Stan, taking a sharp intake of breath and backing off.

Ivy, Kenny, and Violet arrived a minute later, since their houses were all on the way to the bus stop from that side of town. As with Stan, Denny had stepped forward in front of them before they were in range. Violet greeted Denny affectionately as usual but the other two stopped, confused.

"Here's what's going on,", Denny spoke up, motioning for Stan to listen in. "Kyle has been having a bad day today. It started with a nightmare he had early this morning of us all being killed and him being stuck alone. Once he woke up from that. he couldm't fall back asleep. He's already had to relive that to me and I've done what I can to help him but will you guys please not bother him about it until he is ready to tell you?"

Everyone exchanged similar scared looks and sharp intakes of breath. The group was silent for several moments.

"Jesus, what is it with you guys and having such f*cked up dreams?", asked Ivy, quietly, at last.

"I couldn't tell you.", said, Denny, honestly.

"I defineitely wouldn't want to be reminded of sh*t like that.", said Violet.

"Hell no", said Denny. "Ok, now that you guys are up to speed, let's drop the subject and bring Kyle over here, ok?"

"We won't say anything.", Ivy assured. "He just looks so depressed!"

"Oh yeah, you guys should also be extra gentle with him. He biffed it in the street on the way here in between being distracted and exhausted.", said Denny, quietly.

"Oh no...", replied the others as one.

"Yeah, so he needs a lot of well wishers today.",said Denny, beginning to walk toward where Kyle still stood. Kyle, himself, was looking down at his feet, at times, looking like he was dozing off standing up. He jumped when Denny put his arm around his shoulders and turned him around.

"Sorry dude, didn't mean to scare you.", he said quickly.

"Everybody's over there waiting for you! We can't stand to see you over here by yourself!"

"S-sorry. I just can't get the image of that eruption out of my head. I-it just wiped you guys out like it was... well, nothing.",
Kyle whispered, trying his damnest to keep his voice steady.

"I know, dude, I'm sure that dream shook you up badly. I don't think it would be anything else for any of us but please don't isolate yourself because of it. Come join us, please?", Denny asked, hoping Kyle would agree.

Kyle threw his arms around Denny tightly, one more time. Mumbling, "Ok, I'm ready.", whem they finally broke apart.

Denny kept his arm around his brother's shoulders as they headed for the rest of the group, Kyle not looking up, Denny, shooting them a look, warning them to be careful.

"When you're ready, Kyle...", Denny spoke up, :"we're here with the others. They'd love to show you how much you mean to them."

"Dude, you didn't have to do that.", muttered Kyle, looking up, starting to tear up again. "Especially since I was such an assh*le to you earlier."

"Hey, don't you ever call yourself an assh*le again, you hear me?", said Denny, firmly, close to tears himself. "You are too good of a person to ever even think of being an assh*le."

Ivy was the first to walk up to both of them and pull them all together in a tight hug. Violet and Kenny also gathered around Kyle and Denny.

They were embraced together for a time, privately knowing each was thinking the same. What would any of them do if they lost even one in their group? It was definitely something none of them wanted to imagine.

They finally broke apart when the bus pulled up 5 minutes later, each wiping their eyes.

"It's such a miracle that I have friends like you guys.",said Kyle,
in a stronger voice. as the doors opened and they filed in.

"Amen to that", said Violet.

"More than anything, I want to go home and go to bed so I can put this day behind me.", said Kyle.

"It'll get better, you just have to believe that.", said Denny, gently.

It was the same boring bus ride to school, nobody really talking much. 20 minutes later, they arrived at school and one long walk later, at Garrison's 4th grade class.

"Everybody hurry up and be seated so we can get started!", barked Garrison, as the bell rang.

Kyle's eyes traveled down the blackboard, groaning when he saw "math test" after "lunch".

Oh f*ck, how could I have forgotten about that? I can't take that thing today!

"As you can see...", said Garrison, pointing his ruler at the schedule. "We're starting 3 new group projects and there's a math test later today."

"Aww, what the f*ck?", Kyle blurted out, forgetting to keep his voice down.

"Kyle Broflovski, where did you get that mouth?!"

Kyle let out a Tweek-like squeal. "Uh, I mean, I'm sorry. It just kind of slipped out."

"Well, you better stop letting it "slip out" or I'm sending you to the principal's office.", said Garrison, sharply.

Kyle clenched his fists underneath his desk, as they started to shake. Denny reached a hand out and grabbed them gently, muttering "just let it go, it's not worth getting in trouble for".

It took Kyle several deep breaths but finally, he relaxed and nodded.

The day started with reading class, where they had to endure a whole boring hour of reading about wild animals and doing a book report about it. Then they had gym class where they played flag football.

Kyle was doing well at his usual position as wide reciever but to his frustration, could never get the ball fast enough to go anywhere. Denny, at quarterback, had even tried plays to make the other team think he, himself, still had the ball, so that Kyle could make some plays. After the 5th time this happened, he finally just stopped really trying, so that the rest of the team had to motivate him to keep playing.

"All right you guys, gather around.", said Denny, motioning for his team to come together. "Here's what we're going to do. I'm going to act like I'm handing it off to Wendy, you jet off for the endzone, do whatever you can to protect yourself. While everybody is coming after you, I''l slip a quick pass to Kyle, and he can get the actual touchdown. The rest of you protect everybody. Got it?"

"Got it!", everybody chanted back, then broke apart and took their positions.

Denny caught Kyle's eye for a split sencond, and nodded, then hiked the ball.

He quickly moved backwards, turning and pretending to hand off the ball to Wendy, who, quickly stepped around the oncoming defense. It was working, the defense was going after her and nobody even suspected it to be a diversion.

"Ok Kyle, get ready.", muttered Denny, as he hurled the ball in the air.

Kyle grasped the ball by mere fingertips but still manged to secure it.

"Yes! Go Kyle Go!", Denny cheered, with his arms in the air, running toward him while he started charging for the endzone.

Meanwhile, Wendy had just been closing in on it when the other team finally caught her.

"Ha! I got you, you bitch!", laughed Craig, having been the first to reach her.

"The joke's on you, motherf*cker! I don't even have the ball!", Wendy laughed back, flipping him off.

"What the f*ck?...", he asked, Suer enough, it was Kyle who had the ball and he was mere feet from getting the touchsown.

"Oh, you little bitch!", Craig tore off the other direction but too late, as Kyle crossed the touchdown marker and was almost knocked over as Denny came up from behind, hugging him hard.

"Yes! You did it Kyle!", he cheered. as the rest of the team joined him, jubilant. Kyle couldn't help himself as a huge grin spread across his face, for the first time all day.

"That was a spectacular catch, Broflovski! That was the best play I've seen in a long time!", exclaimed the coach, excited. "All
right, it's time to pack it up. Make sure everything's picked up and head inside."

As they made their way inside, people were running up to Denny and Kyle, admirring them for the play they made. Denny knew this is what Kyle needed, watching his face light up everytime.

They washed up in the locker room and headed back to the classroom to drop their stuff off for recess.

The group had headed outside, picking the shadiest tree they could find. After a few moments silence, Kyle began to draw circles in the dirt.

"Come on, man! The day has to feel better after what we just did!", Denny cried out, desperately.

"I don't know what the f*cking story is, dude.", shrugged Kyle. "I mean, that did feel good, don't get me wrong, but as retarded as it sounds it doesn't last long at all."

Can I smack him upside the head, please?

No!

Aww, why the hell not?

It's not gonna do a goddamned thing!

How do we know that?

Don't make it any worse!

Denny took a quiet, deep breath and broke out extra change he had for lunch.

"Here dude, take it and buy yourself whatever you want at lunch. I'd been saving it but you need it more than me.", he said,
reaching out, grabbing Kyle's hand, placing the money in it.

"Huh?", he asked, dumbfounded, looking at his open hand.

"You heard me, dude. Get yourself some ice cream or something.", Denny persisted.

"Why are you being so generous?", asked Kyle, ever so stubbornly.

I'm gonna do it!

Don't you dare!

Aww, damn it!

"Dude, can you please just accept that I hate to see you having a bad day?", asked Denny, trying not to sound scolding.

"Yeah, I guess I should. I'm sorry about that.", said Kyle, going red in the face.

Aww, dude

Denny glanced down, feeling ashamed of himself for getting pissed off.

"Well, hey, thanks a lot, dude. I do geniuenely appreciate that.", said Kyle, getting up and hugging Denny.

Do you really feel like doing that now?

Kiss my ass!

That's what I thought!

The bell rang off in the distance and slowly, the group stood up one by one and headed back up to school. They found Garrison waiting for them all, a lttle packet waiting for each of them on every desk.

"Guess this is number one.", muttered Kenny to Ivy, out of the corner of his mouth.

"Yeah, hopefully not too much of a pain in the ass.", she whispered back.

"We have to make... a project about football?"", read Kenny, skimming down the first page.

"Are you kidding me?", she asked, pulling the paper in front of her.

On the other side of them, Denny had just seen the paper himself.

"Dude, really? Is this because of us?", asked Kyle, next to him.

"I honestly don't know.", said Denny, raising an eyebrow.

Sure enough, as Garrison explained a moment later, they were indeed on the topic of football. They were to do something unique to illistrate their favorite moment. Denny, Kyle, Stan, Ivy, Violet, and Kenny got in a group together as always. Stan, being a major football buff, the only problem they had was which moment to do.

After spending an hour and a half getting everything figured out and started, the class was finally called to a halt. Denny looked up and mopped his sweaty brow, relieved that it was just about lunchtime.

"Well, that wasn't too terrible, I guess.", said Kyle, stretching widely.

"Yeah, now I'm in serious need of some sugar.", said Kenny.

"Got that right.", said Denny, looking exactly like it.

The group of six finished cleaning their mess, put everything else away, and took with them whatever stuff they needed for lunch.

"Hey, are you sure you didn't give me all your money earlier?", asked Kyle, worriedly to Denny.

"No, see...", Denny muttered, pulling more out. "I've been saving it all for such a day like today."

"Oh, you sneaky little bastard!", Kyle muttered, under his breath, grinning.

"Hey, I heard that.", said Denny, grinning himself.

After reaching the Cafeteria and getting in line, Denny and Kyle each got chocolate ice cream, while the others, after much debate, got popsicles. It definitely did seem to lighten the mood considerably.

"What are we going to do now?", asked Kyle, as they started to head back outside, after they all finished.

"Let's go see if there's a kickball game anywhere? I miss that so much from back home.", suggested Denny.

"Hell yeah! I'm down with that!", exclaimed Violet, excited.

So, the six of them headed out for the field where kickball was always played. Sure enough, there was a game going on near the right side of the field. As they got there, Denny bravely called out to them.

"Hey, you guys! Do you mind if we join in? I love kickball!"

The kid looked at him for a second, then at the others. He was about a year older with short brown hair and wearing a navy colored shirt. For a second, Denny thought he was going to be laughed at until the kid broke into a wide grin and stuck his hand out.

"Well, hell yeah you guys can! You're the fourth graders that made Coach so impressed this morning! Oh yeah, we heard about it!", he added in response to their surprised looks.

Looking back toward the field, he called out to his companions.

"Hey, you guys! Get over here! You're gonna want to see who's joining in!"

The other kids began to crowd in toward Denny and the others.

"These guys are the fourth graders that Coach told us about earlier!"

The fifth grader's tones went from surprise to excitment.

Suddenly, Denny and the others found themselves having their hands shaken by everybody there.

"Give them a break, already!", the kid shouted over all the babble. "I was just told that they like kickball too and want to join us!"

"Oh hell yeah! We get him on our team!", one girl shouted, pointing to Denny.

"Did you hear about the way she blocked that defense?", asked a boy with mousy brown hair, pointing to Ivy.

"What about her?", asked another, pointing to Violet.

"All right! All right! You guys know how to settle this!". The brown-haired kid looked at Denny and the others, "You guys don't have to do anything, we just pick you guys one by one for teams.

In the end, Denny, Ivy, and Kyle went on one team, while the other trio went on the other team.

"Uh, how do you play kickball?", asked Kyle to Denny.

"Just like baseball but you use your feet to substituete the bat and the ball you can actually handle without a glove. You'll see."

Denny stepped up to home plate, excited. The pitcher thought for a moment then rolled one up the middle, where Denny brought himself into the pitch and kicked it deep to the right and started to charge to first.

"Damn, dude!", some of the fifth graders could be heard saying.

That doesn't seem hard at all!

Let's do it!

Kyle watched Denny run to third, as excited, he stepped up himself. The first pitch was sloppy, the second went too far left, then he finally connected with a perfect one that went out to the left, nobody expecting it.

"Nice!", Denny shouted, heading back to home.

Because of K'yle's play, they had both scored runs, pats on the back all around as they made it back.

By the time the teams swapped and everybody had their turn around, they had each scored a run, Kenny scoring one just as the bell rang.

Back in the classroom, Garrison was getting ready to hand out papers, looking important.

"Keep in mind, this is a test, not something to goof around with.", spoke up Garrison, as he began to hand them out.

Ah sh*t! I forgot all about this!

Just do what you can

Ok, here it goes...

"You may begin...", said Garrison, starting a stopwatch.

Kyle turned his paper over and looked at the first problem.

Division? This isn't hard!

Taking a deep breath, he picked up his pencil and got to work.
Soon, it wasn't so easy. By the time Kyle got done, he was sweaty again, knowing he probably didn't get a really good grade but had, with any luck, stayed above a C.

"Wasn't too bad, was it?", asked Ivy from behind him, making him jump.

"Huh? Oh no, that wasn't bad at all.", he lied.

After all the tests were turned in, Garrison set them to work on a group project for history while he graded the tests, where they had to study a year in American history where five different things happened and describe them. Kyle was once again beginning to strain, however not so good at hiding it at this point.

Just as he was feeling overwhelmed, Garrison called a stop and told everyone to clean up for afternoon break.

"Most of the tests were very well but one in particular I'm rather dissappointed with. I won't say anymore here."

As the tests were handed back, Kyle couldn't help but cross his fingers underneath his desk. One look at it, however, revealed a most unpleasant, shiny, red "D".

What?!

D?!

Are you serious?!

Kyle shoved the test away, quickly, feeling he would rather keep this information private for now. His heart sank horribly.

"Dude, are you feeling all right?", asked Denny, next to him.

"Oh yeah", Kyle lied, with a forced smile.

Privately Kyle was at the beginning of his breaking point.

After seeing the D he recieved, it felt like too much. When the bell rang, Kyle made straight for his locker, not even hearing Denny call out to him as everyone got up. Denny frowned, not knowing what was wrong this time but intended to find out.

"I'll catch up with you guys later. I need to go find out what happened to Kyle.", he told the others.

"You better be careful, dude.", warned Violet. "He doesn't look like he's feeling much like talking."

"I have to go see what's wrong.", insisted Denny. "I don't feel right not doing ir."

So Denny was off, pushing through hoards of kids, turning the hallway until he found the locker that belonged to Kyle, to find Kyle's head buried inside of it.

"Dude, what the hell is going on? I was calling out to you.", said Denny. "Kyle?"

Kyle did not look up right away, merely flinging the paper at Denny. Denny took it, seeing the math test they just got back. He was about to ask Kyle what he was looking at when his eyes swept over the shiny, red "D", on the top right hand side of the page. Heart sinking, he handed it back to Kyle, who threw it in his locker.

"This is the worst day of my life.", whispered Kyle, tears rolling down his face for what felt like the hundreth time that day.

"Hey man, it'll be ok. Just calm diwn, all right?", said Denny gently.

Kyle looked up, showing incredibly blood-shot eyes, and looked as though he wanted to explode.

"You've been saying that sh*t all day! Why don't you do something about it or leave me the f*ck alone!", he screamed, before he could stop himself.

Denny was clearly stung by this remark. He met Kyle's eyes for a split second in utter disbelief then turned around and walked away without another word.

"Denny, wait...", he tried to call out feebly, realizing too late that he just f*cked up big time.

Why the f*ck would you say something like that? What the f*ck is wrong with you?

Insides burining with guilt, Kyle slammed his head against his locker and just stood there for a while.

Denny soon broke into a fast walk, not stopping even as he got outside, finally reaching the dumpsters on the side of the school. He threw himself on the ground and buried his face in his lap.

Kyle had been predictably late back to class, not sure what he should do, and scared to face Denny after what he said. However, when he arrived back, he discovered Denny was nowhere to be seen.

"You're late, Kyle!", barked Garrison, when he walked in.

"I know", said Kyle, under his breath.

"There you are, where the hell have you been? And where's Denny?", whispered Stan, as Kyle took his seat.

"What?! You mean you haven't seen him?!", asked Kyle, urgently, turning to look at Stan so fast his neck popped.

"Well, no. I thought he was with you?"

Kyle began to feel very sick.

"You mean he never came to look for you guys?", he asked, very scared.

"No, he never did. Was he supposed to?", Stan asked, shrugging.

"Oh my god...", Kyle whispered, clapping his hands to his mouth, realizing what this meant.

"Hey guys, where's Denny?", spoke up Violet from their other side, making Kyle jump.

"We were just wondering the same thing.", said Stan. "Are you ok, dude? You look about ready to faint."

For Kyle was white-faced and shaking from head to toe.

Oh god please don't let anything bad happen to him. It's all my fault if something happens to him

"Kyle? What's going on?", asked Violet. "He went to go check on you and that's the last we saw of him."

Kyle suddenly stood up and made for the classroom door.

"I can't just sit here, I have to go try and find him.", he called back to the others, heading out into the hallway.

His first instict was to go look in the boys bathroom for Denny. As he opened the door, he began to feel increacingly nervous, not knowing what condition he was likely to find his brother in or what kind of reaction he would get from him.

"Denny?", Kyle called out as tenderly as possible. "Denny, if you're in here, please come out. I'm furious with myself for saying that to you."

He waited a couple minutes but silence. He carefully began to move around the bathroom, looking in corners, checking the stalls, but the bathroom was completely empty. Trying his damnest not to panic, he began to pace around, trying to figure out where Denny could possibly be.

Maybe he's in the other boys bathroom? Maybe he didn't want it to be easy for anyone to find him?

Oh god, this is not good

Kyle tore for the door and moving rather wrecklessly than he would normally during class, headed for the boys bathroom on the other side of the school. He reached the bathroom in another minute, clutching a stitch in his chest from running, and breathing hard. He reached up a sweaty, shaky hand to the door and pushed it open, more panicky than ever.

"Denny, please, if you're in here, I just want to talk to you."

Silence, Nothing but cold, empty silence.

This isn't happening! This is way too much!

Kyle jumped about a foot in the air when the bell rang behind him on the wall. Cheers could be heard in the hallways, glad for school to be over. He jumped even higher when his phone rang in his pocket. Reaching out trembling fingers, he pulled it out, hoping, praying it would be Denny.

It wasn't Denny, however, it was Violet.

"Hey, Kyle, did you find him? We were getting worried!", came her urgent voice.

"Fuucck", whispered Kyle, close to tears.

"sh*t, now I'm really worried. Listen, the bell just rang, let me go see if he gets on the bus and I'll call you back."

"Oh my god, will you please do that? I'll see if he turns up anywhere here." he said, desperately.

"Ok, I'm headed out there right now. Call you back in a few minutes."

Maybe this will turn out all right! I don't think I deserve to see his face after what I said, honestly

Denny whacked his head on the side of the dumpster as the bell rang. He had eventually cried himself to sleep. His mixture of nerves, worry about his brother, and testing his own mentality with it. He still couldn't believe what Kyle had said and just how bad it had wounded him.

He rubbed his eyes, not quite dry, and stood up, wondering whether he should get on the bus or not. He still wanted to be left alone but on the otherhand, if he didn't, the others would start to worry and he really didn't want that.

Denny was one of the last to reach the bus, just as the doors were shutting.

"Denny! Thank god! Where the hell have you been? Kyle's been looking all over the school for you!", shouted Violet, from the back.

Denny slowly made his way to the back of the bus, sitting in an empty seat and looking out the window.

"Denny? Denny, are you all right? You look terrible!", said Violet, looking very worried.

"Yeah, it's just... never mind.."

"Jesus", she whispered, pulling out her phone and dialing Kyle's number.

"Is he on there?", was the first thing Kyle said as he answered his phone.

"It's ok, he turned up at the last second.", said Violet.

"Oh thank god! How is he?"

"Not too good. Wherever he's been, he looks like he's been crying and he's all dirty."

There was a sharp intake of breath on the other line.

"Jesus, this was worse than I thought,", he blurted out, before he could stop himself.

"What was that?", asked Violet, confused.

"I mean... hmm... well I...", but the time to confess had arrived.

Here it goes...

He took a deep breath.

"Listen, Denny got really upset at something I said to him earlier. It came out because I was frustrated at the whole day. I swear it was an accident The look on his face will haunt me forever.", Kyle said all of this fast, bracing himself for the reaction.

"Oh, Kyle, you didn't!", whispered Violet, so Denny wouldn't hear her.

"I'm sorry! I just couldn't take believing things would be ok anymore and that test was my breaking point!"

"I don't give a f*ck what your excuse was, if you could see his face right now, it would break your heart!"

Kyle felt as though he had been kicked in the stomach.

"Please don't make me feel worse than I already do.", said Kyle, weakly. "I think I should leave him alone for now but can you take care of him until he gets home? I'm just going to walk home with Stan and I'll talk to Denny when I get home?"

Violet looked over at Denny, sadly. She had no idea what she was going to do but she had to try nonetheless.

"I'll do whatever I can."

As Violet hung up the phone, she moved over and sat next to Denny. Carefully, she put an arm around him and pulled him against her, stroking his hair gently with the other hand.

The bus had made it's steady way out of the school parking lot and down the road toward their bus stop. Denny had tried to will himself out of this dark mood several times but everytime, heard Kyle, in that yelling, hysterical voice.

Kyle hung up his phone, now feeling worse than ever. He slowly went back toward the classroom to find Stan so they could walk home.

Oh jesus, this can't get any worse

Stan was waiting for him at the end of the hallway, looking tense and glancing around hoping things were all right.

"Did you guys find him? Violet said you were still looking.", said Stan, anxiously.

"Yeah, it's ok. Violet said he turned up on the bus."

"Phew! Thank god for that! But, wait a minute, why do you look so upset?"

"This is really all my fault.", Kyle muttered under his breath, looking at his feet.

"Huh? What are you talking about?", asked Stan, confused.

Kyle closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and slowly told Stan what had happened earlier.

Stan gave Kyle a similar, startled look. Remembering that this had already been a bad day, he told himself to chill out and help his friend.

"Dude, I'm just glad he's all right.", said Stan, in a voice of determined calm. "Let's just go home and forget about all that until we get there?"

"Yeah, all right."

They turned and walked out the front doors, just as they saw the bus turn the corner and disappear, out of sight.

"Are you going to make it?", came Stan's voice to the right..

"Huh? Yeah, sorry. Let's go."

The two boys walked in silence for a few minutes. Stan shot a sideways glance at Kyle several times, knowing he had to have a lot going through his mind at the moment.

"Dude, do you think he'll be all right?", spoke up Kyle.

"Dude, you need to stop worrying yourself so much.", said Stan, firmly.

The two fell silent again for a while.

The bus came to a stop as usual at the place Denny and the others always occupied. Being in the seat closest to the front, Kenny stood up and began to head out, followed by Ivy.

Meanwhile, Violet gently shook Denny awake and reached across the other seat for her stuff.

It had happened in an instant. Denny slowly stood up and headed to the front of the bus, when suddenly the back of the bus was struck, throwing him forward and sending him smashing into the bus's front dashboard.

The first few moments were nothing but confusion and fright. As kids started to come to, many of them began to call out for others, scared for themselves.

"All right, everybody just calm down and let me call for help!", yelled the bus driver, getting on the radio.

Violet had been dazed from the impact. Finally able to look up , she looked to her right, expecting to see Denny.

"Are you all right, Denny?", she asked, only to discover that he wasn't there. "Denny? Denny, where are you? Denny?!", she
suddenly looked down the aisle where Denny's body had come
to rest. "*gasp^ Oh my god, Denny!"

As she had done once before, Violet, seeing Denny critically injured, began to crawl as fast as her injuries would allow, completely disregarding what she might possibly be doing to herself.

No no no please don't do this to me again

Managing to finally reach him, she immediately groped at his neck for a pulse, relaxing ever so slightly when she found it.

Kyle and Stan had been walking in silence for most of the time. Kyle wasn't sure why, but all this quiet made him uncomfortable.

"I thought those fifth graders were gonna beat the sh*t out of us earlier, they didn't even spit on us.", Kyle said, thoughtfully.

"Well, that kid had said they already heard about us.", said Stan, recalling what had indeed been said.

"That never would've happened if it had been any other way."

"I don't thnk so."

"Denny always has had a way of talking to people."

"Dude, I'll tell you right now, I'm not going to stand here and tell you what you need to do when you get home. I think you already know that. You just really need to watch yourself and be careful not to do anything to him that you'll regret for the rest of your life. That's all I'm going to say."

"Hey, you don't have to tell me twice."

They were silent again as Kyle considered all of this. As they turned a corner, they could see a familiar landmark up ahead. A big group of flashing lights at precisely the same distance away caught their eyes.

"Hold on, what the f-...?", asked Kyle, out loud.

"Dude, come on!"

Then the two boys were off. It felt like the longest few feet ever.
As they got to the nearest of the lights, they discovered only a police car but near enough to see what was mostly up ahead.

Whoa whoa whoa! Do not even think of telling me what I'm looking at is real!

Kyle covered his face quickly, so that he walked head-on into Stan, trying to ask the cop what was going on.

"Hey! Sit down or something!", Stan exclaimed, pulling him down.

"Ahem, as I was saying, there was an accident. If you want to see any of the victims, it has to wait until they get to the
hospital.", said the cop, quickly.

"Dude! I have to see if my brother's ok! You can't possibly know what that is for me!", Kyle exclaimed.

"Sorry kid but I have to follow protocol!"

"sh*t!", Kyle shouted, turning around and hyperventilating.

"Come on, Kyle! Let's go get a hold of one of our parents and get over there right now!"

Kyle shook the cobwebs out and headed with Stan to a quieter place to use the phone.

No no no! This isn't happening!

Reaching a nearby building, Stan pulled out his phone and dialed his dad's number.

"Dad! Thank god! We need you to pick us up from the bus stop, so we can go see our friends at the hospital! What happened? We're not totally sure! They wouldn't tell us anything except we'd have to wait over there! Great! Ok, we'll wait for you!"

He hung up his phone and looked back at Kyle, wearing what looked like a silent scream.

It took Randy fifteen minutes to reach them, at which time they were already detouring traffic coming within a mile of the
accident.

"How did you kids not get hurt?", he asked, surprised, rolling down the window as he pulled up.

"We walked! It's a long story!", said Stan, climbing into the front seat, as Kyle, who'd been dancing on the balls of his feet while they were waiting, got into the back.

"Hmm, it looks like you boys just missed something big.",said Randy, trying to see around the cop car.

"Yeah, we did. The hospital, Dad!", Stan reminded him.

Randy turned back around, putting the car in reverse, and turning around back toward a detour he knew to the hospital.

It took 45 minutes to get there, thanks, in part, to the detoured traffic. Stan directed Randy to the emergency entrance, where 3 ambulances were parked at their respective places. The two boys dashed out of the car right away, Stan calling back a thanks to his father, and headed to the front desk.

"Can I help you-?", asked the receptionist before Kyle cut her off.

"I have to see my brother, right now!", he cried urgently.

"Okay, your brother's first and last name?" asked the receptionist.

"Denny! Denny Creed! He was in that accident!"

The receptionist typed in a few other notes in addition to the name, waiting for a response.

"Yes, it says here that he is in critical condition and no visitors are allowed to see him yet. I can have someone direct you to the family waiting area if you'd like?", said the receptionist.

"Yes, please!", said Stan. "Kyle, we're going to sit down in a minute! Calm down!"

For Kyle was beginning to turn a slight shade of green at this news.

There was a few moments' silence except the receptionist calling for someone to direct them where they were going, A minute later, a nurse in light blue scrubs came to meet them.

"Are you boys here to see Denny?", she asked when she saw them.

"Yeah, is he doing ok?", asked Stan, before Kyle could speak.

"Last time I checked he was stable. He suffered a considerable amount of head trauma but we''l wait it out and see if he pulls through.", said the nurse,gently.

"Just what I didn't want to hear.", whispered Kyle.

The trip to the waiting room could've taken anywhere from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes but it all felt the same as Kyle walked numbly at Stan's right side. He was about to ask how much farther when they suddenly turned into a big room with a few tvs, vending machines and rows of chairs.

"Please wait in here. Someone will come and get you as soon as we have any updates.", she said, letting them ahead of her.

Kyle made straight for one of the chairs and collapsed in it, his hands covering his face.

"Uh, thanks.", Stan called after the nurse.

He looked up at the tvs, seeing "The Price is Right" on one, a baseball game on another, and the news on the last one. He sighed and looked back down at Kyle, now rocking back and forth, whether unconciously or not, it was hard to tell.

"Hey man, I didn't mean to come off as an assh*le or anything, earlier. I cam't imagine what you must be going through right now.", said Stan, putting a hand on Kyle's shoulder.

Kyle jumped slightly, as if jerking out of a trance.

"Oh, hey don't worry about it.", he said, like nothing happened.
"I'm sorry you all have had to put up with my sh*t today."

"Hey, do you want something out of the vending machines while we're waiting?", Stan, delibrately changing the subject.

"Yeah, that's a good idea.", said Kyle, getting the point and shutting up.

After each choosing a candy bar and soda, Kyle and Stan sat back down in front of the tv with the baseball game on and ate their candy listening to the game. It took another hour for any updates to reach them. A nurse in navy blue scrubs came into the waiting room, looking both ways before spotting them.

"Are you the boys waiting on news for Mr. Creed?"', he asked, before motioning them to come over to him.

"Please don't tell me anything bad happened.", moaned Kyle, as they went to the nurse.

"Ok, so you boys will be happy to know that after looking at least a little better, we are allowing visitors to see him now.", said the nurse, as they turned and started walking a different direction.

"So, what happened? Nobody's told us yet!", said Kyle at once.

"From what the police have said, the school bus was rear-ended. The bus was stopped at a bus stop, the lights were out, sign out, but a drunk driver swerved right behind it, presumably to avoid stopped traffic, and slammed into it. Your friend said she was grabbing her stuff in another seat when it happened, Denny was walking toward the front of the bus, got thrown forward and likely hit the dashboard.", explained the nurse, quietly,as they walked.

"Good god, this just keeps getting worse." moaned Kyle, under his breath.

"So then, how bad is he messed up?", asked Stan, dreading the answer.

"He has 3 fractured vertabrae and several cuts and bruises.", said the nurse. "I know this is a lot for you kids to hear for your age but we don't have much information about him and need your help finding out who his parents are and whatnot."

"He's my brother, godammnit! I said that earlier!", said Kyle, raising his voice, slightly.

Stan smacked him upside the head, sharply, looking at the nurse, embarassingly.

"Sorry about him. He's been in pieces since this crap all started.", he said, apologetically. "Denny is Kyle's brother and for the rest of us, our best friend. Getting a hold of his parents won't be a problem."

"Ok, good. Don't worry about that right now. Just worry about what you choose to.", said the nurse.

They rounded another corner to room 107, where the nurse showed them in and went back to the nurse's station. Heading into the room, they discovered Violet already on the right side of the bed, sitting in front of his bedside table and at his side.

"It's about time! Where the hell have you guys been?!", she demanded.

"They wouldn't let us come back here until now!", said Stan, defensively. "Where are the others?"

"Being interviewed by the news, didn't you guys see it?"

"We weren't paying any attention to the tv.", said Stan.

"I'm sure they'll show it a few times but they went on there to tell about what they saw with the accident. They had just happened to get off the bus a split second before it was hit.", said Violet.

"What about you?"

"I just got a little whiplash and a bruised hip but I'll be all right.", said Violet, dismissively.

"I wouldn't want to have a neck brace either.", said Stan, looking over at Denny.

"Yeah, I only have to wear one temporarily but Denny has to wear his continuously, especially when he wakes up.", said Violet, thoughtfully.

"Kyle! Come out of the corner!", said Stan suddenly, where Kyle was indeed standing in the far corner, not looking at anybody.

Kyle very slowly took a step backward and began to turn around, knowing he had to face Denny, unconcious or not. Denny not only had a neck brace on, he appeared to have a few places covered in stitches, others with just neosporin and bandages and his face looked beat up.

Oh my god

Even as the tears began to fall once again, Kyle silently walked to Denny's other side, sat in a chair next to the bed, folded his arms and rested his head on Denny's chest, the feeling of guilt, confusion, and tiredness at the whole day, almost too much to bear.

Stan soon began to feel overwhelmed himself, finally getting up and heading out to the hallway. Violet joined soon after.

"Hey, are you okay?", she asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I've just never seen him like that before. With anybody.",said Stan.

"Yeah, I know but he's not in his right mind today."

"What are we going to do with him?

"Just leave him alone to do what he needs to do and support him along the way. He's too much of a wreck to do it any other way.", said Violet.

She opened the door and waited for him to go ahead. He took several deep breaths and finally moved into the room. After taking a step in, he looked at Violet, who nodded and mouthed, do it!. He turned back and firmly walked over to Kyle and sat next to him, gently putting a hand on his shoulder. Kyle reached out an appreciative hand and took Stan's, seeming to get a slight grip on himself and raising up his head.

"How long is he going to be here?", asked Kyle, speaking at last.

"They have to do surgery and my guess is at least a few weeks after that."

sh*t! sh*t! sh*t!

Well, what the hell did you expect?

I don't know! Not that bad though!

The nurse came back in, bringing with him Denny's chart.

"I think your friend told you that Denny needs surgery to repair the fractured vertabrae? They are just about to pick him up for that. He'll be going to a room upstairs afterward and that will be his home for the time being."

"And how long will that take?", asked Kyle, weakly

"Should be a few hours.", said the nurse.

There was a knock on the door behind him and two men dressed in light green scrubs came in, bringing a gurney with them.Stan and Violet pulled Kyle away from Denny, as he was lifted onto the gurney and after getting his chart, was rolled away.

"Ahem, the waiting room is this way." spoke up the nurse, breaking the tense silence and leading them off of a smaller hallway than where Denny had gone, to a room much the same as the one they were in when they arrived.

Three and a half hours later, a new nurse came in. This one also had light blue scrubs on, middle-aged but still had some light brown hair, and glasses. Kyle and Stan had been passed out on each other for the last two hours, finally getting shaken awake at that moment.

"Ugh..., where the hell are we?", asked Stan, disoreinted, as him and Kyle slowly came to.

"Aren't we still at the hospital? They told us they would let us know when it was all done.", whispered Kyle slowly, rubbing his eyes.

"Yes, and I'm happy to inform you that Mr. Denny has made it out of surgery.", spoke up the nurse.

"WHOA!", both the boys chorused, not having noticed the nurse
at all until that moment.

"What's wrong?", she asked, jumping at the yelling.

"Oh, sorry, we thought no one else was here, still", said Stan, hand over his chest.

"Oh... phew... that's quite all right.", said the nurse. "Anyway,
Denny has been moved to recovery and is allowed to be seen
now before he goes upstairs."

The boys both jumped up and followed the nurse through the same pair of double doors that Denny disappeared through earlier. A little ways down the hall, was a single, over-sized door, marked "Post-op", where they turned in.

There was only 2 other patuents in here, both of their curtains drawn. Denny was on the end, and reaching him, it wound up being even worse than first seeing him. His neck was now thickly wrapped with bandages that started underneath his ears to his armpits, his face was still badly brusied and it looked like even more stitched had been added. It was like looking at a scene from a bad horror movie.

A cold chill went down Kyle's spine and he shivered hugely.

I'm gonna have nightmares for months after seeing this

The two boys took chairs on either side of Denny, each taking one of his hands. After everything that happened today, maybe he could finally be left in peace.

There was a sudden movement behind them, and Ivy and Kenny arrived at last, Violet walkung with them.

"Oh, hey Violet, where have you been? I didn't even realize you were gone.", said Stan.

"Yeah , I stepped outside while you guys were dozed off. That wait was unbearable.", said Violet. "I heard you mumbling in your sleep. Were you dreaming too?".

Stan racked his brains for a moment. He could distantly recall beginning to see memories from when he, himself, had been in a car accident. Not forgetting seeing the car in front of them suddenly stop, not giving his dad enough time to react and rear-ending that car, not 3 seconds laster, getting hit again, ths time from behind. Stan could remember being in the worst agony of his life. There might have been a point, when he was still conscious, when he might've tried to call out to his parents but the words never quite left his lips before everything went black.

Hell, I don't even remember where we were going when that sh*t happened

Mom and Dad were there, I remember that

Wait, I think it was the doctor

Yeah, I wasn't feeling right and we were going there instead of school

"Stan, are you feeling all right?" Violet's voice, from next to him, interrupted his thoughts.

Stan shook his head and blinked several times, trying to put his mind back on track. He looked at Violet, wearing a worried expression, realizing what he must look like, thinking of that sh*t.

"Stan, what's wrong?", she asked again.

"N-nothing. Yeah, I was having a bad dream .", said Stan, unsteadily.

"Let's go to the Cafeteria and get some hot chocolate then I want to hear about it. That's what I do when I want to get something out in the open and you feel much better afterward."

"Uh, ok sure.", said Stan, getting up and following her.

"Guys, be sure to let us know where they put Denny.", Violet called back.

"Hey, do you think maybe Violet likes him?", asked Ivy, looking after them, as they disappered back through the door and out into the hallway.

"No, she wouldn't do that to Denny.", said Kyle. "She just sees how much strain he's under because of me being so paranoid about Denny and knows she has to try and help him somehow. She gets it from Denny, that really caring side that he posseses, hating to see friends in pain, danger, or whaever."

"Are you staying the night up here with him?", asked Kenny.

"Hell yeah, dude. He stayed up here with me when I had that nervous breakdown after Stan had that accident. I don't care if he wakes up or not, it's the least I can do."

They fell silent for a while, watching the slow rise and fall of Denny's chest, hearing the monotonus beeping of the heart monitor.

Two men in grey scrubs came over to them and checked Denny's chart.

"We're here to move Denny to a room in the ICU, as his condition hasn't been upgraded yet.", one of them said.

The kids all stood up and moved out of the way, as the men took the brakes off of the gurney and began to move Denny toward the door and into the hallway. It was the all-too familar path to the ICU, where each of them had also spent time recovering from injuries. Denny was wheeled down a newer area and into room 19, where they found a team of nurses to help him get all
settled in.

As the transport guys parked the gurney next to the bed Denny would be staying in, the nurses each surrounded it from all sides, one called out a count and he was carefully lifted to the bed, as transport took the gurney away.

Then there was movement everywhere as a couple nurses
helped get him hooked up to their monitor, see that his IV was still connected like it was supposed to be, others positioning him right. As some of the nurses took their leave, the two remaining, an RN and an assistant stayed behind reviewing Denny's chart.

"Oh, sorry about that, kids.", said the RN. "There was a lot we had to make sure to do when Denny got here. My name is Sheila and I'm the RN for the night, this is Candy (she indicated the assistant), and she'll be the assistant."

"Is Denny going to wake up anytime soon?", asked Kyle.

"That's a question for the doctor but I can't say for sure myself.", said the nurse.

"So, when is the doctor coming in? I thought we would've seen him by now.", asked Kyle.

"He is making a few quick rounds and then he should be in pretty soon."

"Hey, what time is it?", Kyle suddenly asked Ivy.

Ivy looked at her watch and with a jolt of shock, saw that it was almost 9:30 in the evening. They had been here for 6 hours and not even known it, and she was supposed to be home for dinner two and a half hours ago.

"It's what?!", asked Kyle in surprise, when she told him.

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying.".

"Our parents haven't even tried to find out where we are, all this time.", said Kyle. "Oh well, I don't feel much like going anywhere or calling anybody tonight."

"I'll stay long enough to hear what the doctor has to say but then I better go home before Dad gets too drunk and carried away.", said Kenny.

"Hey, did anybody ever let Stan and Violet know where we are?", asked Kyle, suddenly remembering.

"Yeah, I texted it to Violet a few minutes ago..", said Ivy, holding up her phone.

Sure, enough, they walked in a few minutes later, holding cups of hot chocolate and each looking happy to see Denny in a steady place. Stan, indeed, looked much better.

"Did you guys see any doctor yet?", asked Violet.

"No, he's supposed to be in soon but they said Denny's in here because he still has to be closely monitored.", said Kyle, looking at his brother's mangled face.

As the other two took up chairs, they took turns hugging Kyle, reminding him they still cared about him too. Kyle returned them gratefully, the stress of the whole day seeming to ease off, slowly.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry for all of this.", he spoke out to the room ay large.

"It's okay, Kyle. Everybody here knows it's been a bad day.", said Violet, soothingly.

"But just saying those two little words doesn't feel like enough...", Kyle began.

"Damn it, what you need to do is go to bed. You've had a long day and we can all see it. Besides that, we all ought to go too. It's after 10 and our parents are probably wondering where we all are. ", said Violet. "There's a couch by the window, now get it ready and go to bed. See you in the morning."

Kyle was a bit surprised at this sudden command but found himself getting up and doing what he was told, knowing he was way overdue for some sleep. Violet and the others each went from Denny to Kyle, each wishing the both of them the best and temporarily being held up leaving.

Kyle tore himself away from the doorway and went back to setting up his bed on the couch, He had been given a fluffy pillow and a warm blanket, and upon seeing his setup on the couch when he'd finished, he thought of nothing else but settling into that setup. First sitting on the couch, he began taking off his shoes, dozing off as he got the first one off. He collapsed on his pillow, just as he slipped his other one off, with difficulty. The nurse came in a moment later to check on them and saw this. Carefully, she picked him up (Kyle out cold and felt nothing), set him in a better position on the pillow and covered him up with the blanket. As she went back outside, Kyle moved into a more comfortable position, smiling in his sleep at the relaxation,
Re: Be careful what you say PostMon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 pm Offline
Hours later, Kyle found himself in a room he didn't recognize. The walls were painted sky blue, there were posters of rock bands on two of the walls, and a twin sized bed stood in the far corner. As he walked toward the bed, he found that he wasn't actually alone, but there was someone hunched over on the bed, as if looking at something.

"Hello?", called out Kyle, softly.

There was no response from the figure. Kyle moved a little closer and tried again. This time the firgure tightened up and looked straight ahead, definitely hearing something.

Kyle studied him for a moment. He had black hair, blue eyes, someone Kyle swore he recognized. It couldn't be?

"Denny?", he spoke out loud.

The figured jumped at the name and turned his head to the source of the voice. It was Denny, all right, but what the hell was he doing here? He was currently at the hospital, recovering from a broken neck, yet there was no mistaking him.

"Denny, what are you doing here? What is this place?"

Denny did not answer right away but looked back down at what he was holding. Finally, he held it up, revealing a picture taken last month of himself and Kyle. They had each signed their names underneath, each in their own cursive handwritting.

"Do you remember this picture, Kyle?", he spoke up at last, his voice uncharateristically somber.

"Yeah man, that was from last month.", said Kyle, moving in a little closer.

"It's times like these that make you really appreciate having something like this.", said Denny, as though he didn't hear him.

"What are you talking about and where are we? You still haven't told me."

"This? This is my old bedroom, back in AZ. I'm glad you finally found it."

"But, how...?"

None of this made any sense and it was starting to freak Kyle out.

"I wanted you to see my old place, just once, before I have to go.", said Denny, quickly.

"What?! Go where?! Dude, I don't like this at all.", said Kyle, in a shaky voice.

"I just want you to know how much of an impact you've had on my life, since I moved to South Park. It's more important than anything anyone could've given me and I appreciate that more than I can put into words."

Denny reached over and gave Kyle an extra long hug, then he broke apart and began to stand up.

"I'll never forget you. Good bye, Kyle."

"Denny! Wait! Where are you going?! You can't leave me!"

Denny's voice became distant. "I have to go now."

"Denny! No!"

"Good bye"

Kyle awoke with a start, back in the familar setting of Denny's hospital room. He made straight for the bed and discovered only the grim setting that Denny had been in before Kyle had gone to sleep. He looked at his watch and found it was just after 1 in the morning.

Kyle put his hand over his chest, trying to calm himself down. He knew he had to talk to Denny, unconcious or not, and finally get
this off his chest before it was too late.

Looking into Denny's face, with difficulty, he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"Denny, dude, if you're in there, you gotta come out of it, because, if you don't, I'll never forgive myself."

There was no sign of life within Denny's eyes.

"Dude, please, you can't possibly know what it's doing to me to see you like this. I should be the one like this, not you. You haven't done anything to deserve ending up like this."

He looked desperately for any sign of life. There still was none.

"This is all my fault! I had to go and be all pissed off because of that f*cking test! If it wasn't for me, we'd all be at home in bed right now!"

Kyle carefully relaxed his head on Denny's chest, as the deep anguish he was feeling came pouring out of him all at once.

Kyle awoke, screaming louder than he could ever remember. He was back in the familiar setting of his bedroom, heart going a hundred miles a minute, a mixture of sweat and tears littering the entire right side of his pillow.

He put a shaky hand over his chest, trying to stop hyperventilating, not quite sure if he was still dreaming or not. He got up and made for his bedroom door, just as there was an urgent knock, and in came the one person Kyle had to see to know he wasn't dreaming anymore. Denny had looked as if he had run up here, sweating and looking worried.

"Dude! What going on up here?! Are you all right? I heard yelling and screaming!", said Denny, urgently.

"Denny! Thank god! I've never been so glad to see you!", cried Kyle, hugging Denny hard, tears beginning to fall.

"Are you feeling all right?", asked Denny, beginning to feel a little worried at the way Kyle was acting.

"Oh my god! I thought I was going to lose you! That was such a realistic dream!", Kyle was getting more hysterical by the second.

"Hey, settle down! Come back to bed and calm yourself down!", exclaimed Denny, grabbing Kyle by the shoulders and steering him back to bed.

"Wait! Don't go anywhere!", cried Kyle, hands out.

"It's ok, I'm going to the kitchen and getting you some water, then I'm coming back up here.", said Denny.

He quickly ran downstairs, quietly as possible, returning with a cold glass of water without waking anybody up.

Kyle was still paranoid when Denny retuened to his room. He took the water and almost spilled most of it down his front, getting the glass to his lips.

"Are you feeling any better?, asked Denny, worriedly.

Kyle took a minute to answer, sipping his water and rocking back and forth.

"That was the scariest dream I've ever had in my whole life."

"Would you like to tell me or just go back to sleep?"

"Actually, would you stay up here with me for the rest of the night? I don't think I can take being alone after that."

"Of course.", said Denny, going to Kyle's closet and pulling out a spare blanket and pillow.

"Actually, I was thinking more like in here?", asked Kyle, indicating his bed.

Something's definitely up if he wants me to do that

"I would be happy to."

Denny sat on the edge of the bed, next to Kyle and put his arm around him. Kyle rested his head on Denny's shoulder, trying to get out of his head the images he had seen in his dream.

"Denny, I'm sorry if I've ever done anything that hurt you, pissed you off, upset you, or whatever.", spoke up Kyle, suddenly.

"Hmm, I don't recall when that's ever happened.", said Denny, thinking. "But, what the hell, I'll accept it anyway, if it makes you feel better.

"Thanks, it does, and I feel better. I think I can go to sleep now but just stay in here."

"I won't go anywhere."

The boys climbed back into bed, Kyle slidding over to make room for Denny. He put an arm around Kyle as Kyle finally seemed to relax. There were times when Denny wanted to ask Kyle what his dream had been about, but knew it was too early for that. Eventually he and Kyle managed to turn out the lights.

note: the bus accident mentioned in here really happened to me. in my case, i had been holding on to the seats on either side of me as i was walking to the front. when the bus was hit, i instinctively gripped the seats tighter and stumbled a little bit but i wasn't hurt at all.
Re: Be careful what you say PostSat Sep 22, 2012 3:12 pm Offline
here's the newspaper article from the accident:

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts