Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 7 posts
Where's the Readership? PostWed Oct 31, 2012 3:15 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
So, I have to ask... we have some a lot of fanfics being written and posted here but... where the hell are the readers?

Most fics here get 1-2 comments each, and I'm not just talking about my own. Why is it South Park fans seem barely eager to read work from others these days?

There are some lesser-quality works on other sites and such, but it isn't that bad over here... what's the issue?
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Where's the Readership? PostThu Nov 01, 2012 7:07 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
As for me, I just don't feel like reading them. But don't go so much by comments. look at the page views too.
Re: Where's the Readership? PostFri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
I don't know about you guys, but I've read at least 15-20 fan fictions on this site in particular, not including other fan sites, fanfiction.net, ect, ect. Also I know how people love to hear other people read their works, so page views don't always help. Writers care for reader comments and criticisms. I've commented on a few of those fan fiction's pages. Some others just aren't well written and I tend to skim over them.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: Where's the Readership? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 4:40 pm Offline
Wed May 20, 2009 3:16 am41New Mexico
It's slighly better than FFnet where the slash is weeded out, but gen authors simply don't care about eachother. We can watch the actual show on here (streaming, for free)

I'm not sure why I repost my work here, maybe for the off chance expose my stupid little stories to new readers. I'm not gonna hold my breath for new comments though.
Re: Where's the Readership? PostFri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
If you don't like it, leave constructive criticism so people can improve?

I don't know. At this point, I've at least given up on getting actual new readers. I just focus on the great loyal following of five or six people I do have.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Where's the Readership? PostFri Nov 09, 2012 6:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Well if you're going to read any fanfiction you should at least give new writers a chance. Even if you don't like the story, tell them you don't like it. I love comments, but when their is a lack of them, it just seems like a lack of motivation is brought on to me. Even one comment is better than none.

I know most people should realize that you should just keep writing even though no ones listening, because if you're good enough someday people will listen. I know that but a few comments on my stories wouldn't hurt. FYI I don't have any SP stories finished, I've been working on other manga/anime.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: Where's the Readership? PostTue Dec 18, 2012 8:48 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
I haven't gotten the time to continue my fanfic. If anyone wants me to continue at a faster pace, just send me a PM. Either to my Spstudio account or my fanfic account.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 7 posts