Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 18 posts 1, 2  Next
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 am Offline
Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:54 am341
Wow. I read through all of that waiting for the punch line and there wasn't one. With material like that your jobs as PAs and Script Supervisor are safely yours. Possibly forever. Very probably not in SP as nothing lasts forever - not even love, spanking laws, baby pandas, hospital patient dumping, time, places or you.

P.S. Obviously, I was beaten as a child.
P.P.S. For a very short time in late 2005, I stopped believing in everything. The reasons are manifold one of which was enduring a 12 long haul flight from LA featuring no less than 4 films starring Will Ferrell for entertainment. There is no excuse for Mr Ferrell or his apparent success in film. However, despite the fact that I think the whole world has already seen this it relates to corporeal punishment, nature vs nuture and homelessness and why children should be banned. http://sjl.funnyordie.com//v1/landing.php
PostWed Apr 18, 2007 12:42 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Ahh, a little "What's on Mark's mind" eh?

Oh sure, both my parents paddled my butt from time to time, and I turned out... w-well. I don't plan on doing it to my children but, I can't say that it will never happen.

Wow. Rob kinda panicked on #3 there, didn't he?
PostThu Apr 19, 2007 9:50 am Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
This is off-topic, but I thought the PA's and script supervisor could appreciate this observation.

I used to live on the street where South Park Studios can be found (I lived at 12480 That Street), and I noticed that in the D-Yikes! episode, the bar Les Bos looks like it belongs on that street or in that neighborhood (which I call "The Void"). The address number is similar (however I realize it was like that to sort of spell lesbos), but even the font of the address number itself just looks so much like the sort of thing you'd find on that street.

Did you guys notice that? I thought it was pretty funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
PostWed Apr 25, 2007 1:10 am Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:58 am8
The one thing that really sets S.P. apart from other shows is that it takes real life absurdities and exposes them for what they are in such an irreverent way. 'Out of the mouths of babes."

I have written a storyline for S.P. about this movie going around called "The Secret". I would like to share it.

ENJOY!

South Park Episode
“The Secret”
(Scott Tenorman uses “The Secret” to make Cartman eat Kenny)

by Stephen Matz
steev_@hotmail.com

The new craze in South Park, as well as, the rest of America is the movie “The Secret.” Everyone in town is getting into it and they have gatherings to watch, discuss and ‘Project positive thoughts’ out to the [Universal catalog] in hopes that all their material desires will just show up in their mailboxes.

Meanwhile, Cartman seems to be experiencing some very misfortunate happenings. As unbeknownst to him, Scott Tenorman has acquired “The Secret” in his Psychiatric hospital ward (since he mentally snapped after eating his parents), and is using it to exact his revenge on Eric.

Also meanwhile, the only person in South Park who is apparently able to truly tap into “The Secret’s” mystical power is Timmy. It starts out small with his receiving material items, then escalates into hysterically, mischievous pitfalls targeted at Jimmy.

As always, Stan is the voice of reason and begins his campaign to open the people’s eyes to the fact that “The Secret” is nothing more than repackaged prayer presented by a New-Thought religion cloaked in pseudo-Quantum Physics.

Cartman becomes paranoid as he reasons that if there is a good side to “The Secret” there must be an evil side, and it is out to get him.

Timmy has willed himself the ability to walk, and with this now realized mastery of ‘The Secret”, he becomes drunk with power. His sights become set on finishing Jimmy off for good, for nobody will ever suspect the wheelchair bound Timmy capable of murder. He is going to kill Jimmy at a huge town festival celebrating “The Secret” where he will go completely unnoticed, since he will be walking.

At the fair all kinds of people are showcasing the amazing things they have willed into their lives. One being a meat separator which you can drop a whole live cow into and all the steaks and hamburgers fly out of the other side and onto the grill, which the inventor has become a multi-millionaire from. Cartman is set on getting a plate of giant hamburgers advertised at the stand, but finds out too late that just moments before he got there, Kenny fell into the grinder and was turned into Cartman’s hamburgers. “Oh my God, Who killed Kenny?” “Y-who’s Bastards!?”
Scott Tenorman makes Cartman eat Kenny. (Does Kenny’s soul get stuck in Cartman again? That’s up to you.)

Fortunately for the town, but unfortunate for Timmy, Stan takes the stage and with mic in hand, exposes the truth about “The Secret” with undeniable eloquence. As the realization sets in throughout the crowd, Timmy, being only 2 steps from executing his evil plan, loses his ability to walk as the massive, positive thoughts denouncing “The Secret” rob him of his power, collapsing him to the ground.

Kenny’s parents end up with millions of dollars from the maker of the machine that killed him, but they blow it in no time on lottery tickets, partying and a much bigger piece of sh*t house on the same lot, and with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of junk in their yard.

[Closing shot] Scott Tenorman wills the door of his locked room blown off. Then, as he confidently struts out towards the exit, an orderly clubs him over the head and shoots him up with Thorazine/Lithium etc…, his hollow screams only heard in his head...

I Love a happy ending

"Solidarity Brothers!"
Stephen Mazza
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 5:57 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:23 pm100
the funny thing about that story is its never going to happen. but nice attempt. lol. and the secret is real!
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 10:12 pm Offline
Real What? ...I mean, aside from absolute nonsense?

Have you researched anything about those self-help bozos? They have extensive histories of coming up with "Self help" programs that ultimately result in their own increased wealth.
They give themselves new titles like, "Metaphysician" or "Philosopher", but they've never gone by them before this movie.
Joe Vitale wins Marketing awards for being such a great public speaker, but that's all. It's just marketing, to get 'YOUR MONEY'.

Sure, positive thinking is great! I couldn't agree more, but it's nothing new, just new packaging. And the thought that people can actually believe that there is a "Catalog" out in the Universe that fulfills your wishes and delivers them to your mailbox, is nothing more than 'Prayer' repackaged.
Stephen Mazza
PostTue Aug 21, 2007 3:40 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
You should post that story idea in the New Episode Ideas section.
PostThu Aug 23, 2007 10:30 am Offline
  • YIM
all i know is what you say happens no matter what. your words have power. what gives words power? your brain. if your posotive about the sh*t going on around you even if its worthless bullsh*t that you have no control over, it dosnt matter, whatever your mouth spits happens. prayer repackedge? um its more of attraction of what you want in all situations. and as the world turns if your posotive about whatever, you receive. so be aware of what you say. foo
PostSun Sep 09, 2007 7:22 pm Offline
First, Your brain does not give words power.

Second, Words must be formed to create an idea, then, that idea must coherently create "broadly" accepted symbolism throughout some societal group.
People may rally behind this symbolism or they may reject it. If they reject it, then your words are meaningless, and thus "Powerless."

Your quote:

"all i know is what you say happens no matter what."

So, if I say, "Flying, Space Monkeys will nest in your rectum for the rest of the year," It will happen, "no matter what."

Now, as much as I enjoy conversations such as this, I must ask that you; Learn how to spell, Learn how to form a sentence, Learn what punctuation does to the words you're trying to empower and don't call yourself a "foo".

If you want to call someone else a foo, use a comma after the word preceding it.
Stephen Mazza
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 5:47 pm Offline
  • YIM
your funny.
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 9:36 pm Offline
Now you see, you only posted 2 words and you're still having trouble.

-The beginning of a sentence starts with a Capital letter.

-So, it would be "Your funny".

-But, "Your funny" implies that something in my posession is funny.

- Therefore, the use of a contraction is needed, 'You're funny' (You are funny).

Don't worry, I don't charge for English tutoring lessons.
Stephen Mazza
PostWed Sep 12, 2007 5:57 pm Offline
  • YIM
it's funny that you think you know what your talking about. hell it's funny that i think i know what im talking about. but nobody will ever know what your talking about. cause if i cant understand what your point is then your hopeless. lol.
PostWed Sep 12, 2007 8:38 pm Offline
Well, considering that college students who have trouble understanding their work, come to me for comprehensive explanations, it is surprising and a little troubling that you'd have such difficulty understanding simplistic language.

So, for you to claim that 'your inability' to understand me, makes me hopeless, is ironic.

I should hope you've heard the old saying,
"That's the pot calling the Kettle black."

Good luck to you :(
Stephen Mazza
PostFri Sep 14, 2007 6:24 pm Offline
  • YIM
lol :D

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 18 posts 1, 2  Next