Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 13 posts
Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 1:56 am Offline
Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:06 pm0
R. Emmett Sibley, Production Assistant:

Life in the Slow Lane

First off let me tell you why I am awesome:
#1 I drive a sweet 2004 Nissan Sentra.
#2 I work at South Park
#3 I have an iPhone

With that out of the way here is what happened at work today.

The 405 is arguably one of the busiest freeways in the United States of God's America. Early this morning a tractor trailer holding a crane crashed and burned in the middle of the 405. This single event caused more traffic than this city has seen in hours! Animators were trapped in gridlock. Technical Directors sat starring out at rows of horseless carriages. Storyboard artists drew beautiful highways in their mind made of love and compassion. Highways where children play safe from danger, pain, suffering. Wait a second incredibly handsome PA R. Emmett Sibley, how would the show get done if everyone was stuck in traffic? Wow reader, I mean come on! Maybe if you laid off the Mountain Dew, Warcraft, and your real doll for three seconds, I could tell you.

The calls started flooding the switchboard. I'm going to be late Please connect me to, (insert Jack, Ryan, or Hanson here), and what's for lunch? PS I hate it already. The office remained calm. They can't be on the road forever I shouted.

Then, out of the sky like an angel descending from on high, a helicopter landed in our parking lot. This was the kind of whirly bird that gets your sister pregnant and would call Airwolf an over-hyped pussy. Of course Matt was flying and in shot gun Trey Parker. Matt and Trey will do anything to get a show done; whether that means staying up all night, eating buckets of fried chicken against doctors orders, or even flying a helicopter to pick up a friend. Matt then personally picked up each crewmember using the GPS on a state-of-the-art helio cellular telephone and a little thing he calls Seventy Five Million Dollar know how. Meanwhile, Trey started writing or as I like to call it, Channeling God. Yo, super intelligent PA R. Emmett Sibley, I know everything about Matt and for sure I know that he does not fly a helicopter. You're being an assh*le again even though you probably smell wonderful. Well reader, I know Matt. I work with him every day. We split a plate of cheese fries yesterday and he does fly a helicopter. Wikipedia doesn't know everything. Pause your latest quest, sip a red bull and think on that. BOOSH!

The show is getting done as I type this. It is so good. This trilogy is amazing and I am proud to have worked on it. I am hoping that tonight I can be in a looping session so that my voice will be heard on all three episodes. I got to scream Blood Orgy. It just about made my year. Jill, love of my life, I need no Xmas gift this year, I had a Blood Orgy.
Inspired by this weeks episode, we used our imaginations to blog and make Halloween costumes. We came as Fruit Flies this year because our office building is over run with them. Here is a picture of Nate and I. Ladies, Nate is single, he owns a Helio cellular telephone, and he wears more hair gel than all of the Italians in the state of New Jersey. His likes are complaining, drinking alcohol in his room alone, and expensive power strips for his giant Westinghouse TV and many outdated gaming consoles.

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/ ... og/50a.jpg
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 3:54 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
...Tits. :cartmansmirk:
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 8:15 am Offline
Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:27 pm579Ohio
If I could have my voice screaming "blood orgy" on national television, I would be soooo happy.

Seriously, you guys make this sound so fun I want to fly to LA, find the studio, and beg you to take me in like a lost little kitten.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 11:37 am Offline
Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 am239San Clemente, California
You should have included a photo of Matt behind the stick of that chopper! For my costume I will be Henry the VIII. I have a great purple and red t-shirt with "Henry VIII" printed in gold letters. I thought of getting the crown and robe and white stockings but that would be too easy. This way the imagination is put to use and that is always better...
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 11:58 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Pretty f*cking awesome. I wish my boss would come and pick me up in a helicopter.

Wait a minute, I hate my boss. :lol:
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 1:07 pm Offline
Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:50 pm3
R+A+M+N-M+D+O+EM-M= RANDOM!!!!
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 2:43 pm Offline
Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:22 pm15CANADIAN WTF!!?
As BRMBug already stated, TITS!!!!!!
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Oct 31, 2007 4:43 pm Offline
Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:06 pm15Los Angeles
My eyebrows are knitting a sweater and matching hat. I'd like to believe this was true; Matt flying a helicopter is just, sigh, dreamy.
If I could fly a helicopter, I'd blast 'Flight of the Valkeries' at full volume.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostThu Nov 01, 2007 6:54 am Offline
Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:52 am0
Guys, what is going to go on if the Writers Strike? Do you have a backup plan? Do you have scripts already done? Are you unsure about what is going to happen?

I know that SPS does all of their stuff on a very short schedule, so will we see an immediate impact??

Last night's episode was awesome by the way

Edit: n/m, while Parker & Stone are WGA Members, SP is one of the few non WGA shows

Which is something that a lot of other press outlets have gotten wrong
Last edited by NickCatal on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostThu Nov 01, 2007 8:40 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Since they produce their own show, it's unlikely they'd strike.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostThu Nov 01, 2007 8:59 am Offline
Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:52 am0
You are right

While Stone & Parker are WGA members, South Park is one of the VERY FEW non WGA shows.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 1dee576854

South Park will be one of the few shows that will continue production. In fact, it may be one of the only shows on Comedy Central still showing new episodes.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostThu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 am Offline
Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 am239San Clemente, California
How does a show become a non-WGA member? It seems that might be good strategy for some of the other cable shows. Is it because Trey is the only writer?

NickCatal wrote:
You are right

While Stone & Parker are WGA members, South Park is one of the VERY FEW non WGA shows.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 1dee576854

South Park will be one of the few shows that will continue production. In fact, it may be one of the only shows on Comedy Central still showing new episodes.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 31, 2007 PostWed Nov 07, 2007 10:50 pm Offline
Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:41 am1long island, ny / port hueneme, ca / mammoth hot springs, wy
I can sympathize. I used to live in LA... I transferred schools and moved home to the east coast because of the 405.

no joke.

My best dreams have been about bombing the free ways in LA county.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 13 posts