Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 12 posts
Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostTue Mar 18, 2008 9:53 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Mike McMahan, Production Assistant:
Hello internet! We're back for another season. Gary, great blog last week! You're already an invaluable addition to our coke and taco purchasing department.

So this week's episode is all about a mistake that the boys make, and how they deal with its gruesome consequences.

I decided to go around the office and interview some South Park staffers to see if they had any memorable mistakes that ended up with gruesome consequences.

Nate the production assistant says:
"When I was a kid I put a suction cup over an ant. When I got back later the ant was moving really slowly, like it was going to die. I turned away, because I didn't want to see what would happen next. I don't know if it died . . .I'll never know . . ."

. . .

Beautiful, honest words from a man of the same description. Nobody else felt that they could share after such a powerful admission, so we'll end the interviews there.

I'll give you, the internet readership, a minute to regain your composure. While you're waiting, take a look at this picture of PA Nate's dog on his parents' roof in New Hampshire.

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/blog/54a.jpg
ROOF ROOF! ROOOOOOOOOOOF! Grrrrrrrr ROOF ROOF ROOF! I'm not Photoshopped ROOOOOOF!

Lately the PAs have been talking about what animal would be best to have genetically miniaturized as a pet. Here are some nominees, in order of increasing popularity:
Lion- no, this is not like having a cat. It would be a LION.
Whale - my personal favorite, but gets a lot of flack because others don't believe that you could also miniaturize the main food source of the whale; krill. This imaginary technology is, apparently, very fickle.
Gorilla - would be higher on the list, but one person claims that it would "have the strength to pull your ear off". Krill was not a concern for this one.
Dolphin - imagine your own little dolphins zipping around in a fish tank! Yay!
Brontosaurus - see, I have a problem with this one because the Brontosaurus was proved to actually be a mislabeled Apatosaurus, but the people have spoken: they want the BRONTOsaurus. It would be the size of a dog and wiggle its legs when picked up. Allegedly.
Giraffe - Mark, the script supervisor, claims that this would be roughly the size of a hunting dog. Standing, it would be able to look you straight in the eye. "That would be rad!" claims Mark.
Buffalo - three hundred tennis ball- sized buffalo mini-stampeding around your back yard, swarming between your legs and tripping over your feet. Here is the joy of this pet as described in haiku:
the buffalo run
giggling, you wave your arms
one two three four five
Elephant - PA Nate says that this would be gross, that touching its skin would be disgusting. He's wrong; it would feel like running your hand over a warm, leather car seat. Not only would a little elephant be adorable, it would also be smart. A bonus feature would be the miniature elephant graveyard you could keep on your desk. The possibilities are endless.

That's all I have for this week. Hope you all enjoy the episode as much as I enjoyed writing this blog. Which was TONS.
- Mike
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostWed Mar 19, 2008 12:55 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:48 am0
I totally want a mini whale! A blue one...No! Wait! An orca! Then, it could toss around mini seals for kicks.

Also, my grandparents used to have three dogs on their roof. Beat that, Nate's parents!
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostWed Mar 19, 2008 1:16 am Offline
Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:18 pm183Marklar
If I could have a mini narwhal, I'd be sooo happy.
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostWed Mar 19, 2008 2:20 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18783I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Stupin puppy-dawg. How the hell did it get up there anyway?
Now I like the idea of a miniature Giraffe, but you'd have to have some giant ones to counteract the tiny ones, and... well do you really want that?

A miniature Hippo would be tits though. They'd be the size of a Jack Russel Terrier full grown, and the babies could do laps in your bathtub. (You'd really need a pool for the bigger ones, that may be one drawback if you don't have room for one.)
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostWed Mar 19, 2008 12:15 pm Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
I think I'd go with a slightly smaller sheep, so it's REAL TIGHT.
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostWed Mar 19, 2008 12:48 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
...pervert! :cartmanlaugh:
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostThu Mar 20, 2008 1:06 am Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 am3
guys its all about... VELOCORAPTORS yes.. velocoraptor burger in paradise velocoraptor burger there i said it twice...

A: they are small
B: if you want to miniturize them keep them mating and kill them off when they get too big
and...
C:404 reason for not wanting one not found

for all those that dont agree... i hope u get infected with... AIDS!!! so people look at you and feel bad that you have a retro disease!!! :P

best of luck SP and please stop making bad eps. season 12 is a happy season so stop blowing it with eps like 1201 ans 1202
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostThu Mar 20, 2008 10:48 am Offline
Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 pm0
A bunch of can sized penguins would be kind of kewl I guess.
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostThu Mar 20, 2008 2:15 pm Offline
There's already a variety like that. They have some at the Ft. Worth Zoo.
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostSat Oct 04, 2008 8:27 pm Offline
Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:13 pm0
Another shot at the haiku for buffalo

the buffalo roam
tripping, over both your feet
don't tell Richard Gere

I think Richard Gere and hamster jokes are too easy to still be considered comedy but this kind of flows

Also, I think a barrel of live monkeys the same size as the old game would be way awesome
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostSat Oct 04, 2008 11:29 pm Offline
Yeah, but if you loose one of those in the sofa or behind a piece of furniture, it'll start to smell after a while. I still say a tiny hippo would be fun.
Re: Production Blog Entry for March 18, 2008 PostTue Sep 13, 2011 6:50 am Offline
Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:29 am0
nall wrote:
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/ ... og/54a.jpg
ROOF ROOF! ROOOOOOOOOOOF! Grrrrrrrr ROOF ROOF ROOF! I'm not Photoshopped ROOOOOOF!

I unable to open the image. It is redirected.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 12 posts