Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 12 posts
Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostTue Oct 14, 2008 10:40 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Gary Martinez, Production Assistant:
Welcome back dear readers!
Well, last week was the first episode of the fall season, and it’s seems to have divided America in two. Those who thought it was funny that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg were shown graphically raping Indiana Jones, and those who just thought it was super-hilarious. I lean more towards the super-hilarious side myself, but that probably has something to do with the fact that South Park pays my bills (and how I feel about that monkey swing scene with Shia Lebouf).

Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself yet. My name is Kenny and I’ve been a fan of the show since I was 15, and I started working here as a PA last spring. This is me-

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/blog/62a.jpg

So, what’s new? Well, we’re preparing episode 1209 this week, entitled The Breast Cancer Show Ever. It involves Wendy threatening to beat up Cartman, which causes a stir, seeing as how a girl could never fight a boy and win.
The most interesting thing for me to see while working here is how fast these things are produced. From the beginning of writing the script, to the air date, it’s literally less than a week. The writing process begins on Thursday and the tape arrives to Comedy Central on Wednesday (merely a few hours before airing). And this is an animated show!
I don’t know how it’s possible to get a show together this fast, but I think it has something to do with the extremely talented producers, editors, sound department , storyboard, IT, animation, lip-sync, consultants, voice talent and digital studio departments that we have on staff here.
Did I mention the PA’s? We also have the finest PA’s here that anyone has ever seen!
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/blog/62b.jpgKenji - Graduated from Vassar with a GPA of 7.2
http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/blog/62c.jpgSteve - Winner, Best Performance 2007, at the Oregon Shakespeare festival for his portrayal of King Lear
Me - beat Michael Phelps in arm wrestling.

Whether it’s getting a new LCD screen clear view model CV24 video engine for John, our engineer, or going to Taco Bell for Trey. Nobody does it faster, or sexier, than the PA’s here at South Park.

Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostWed Oct 15, 2008 6:36 am Offline
Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:49 am13London, uk
goddammit! i wanna work at south park studios. hehe
any more P.A jobs goin? or tea-lady, cleaner. i'll do anythin!
cheers,
~Sophie x
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostWed Oct 15, 2008 6:38 am Offline
Tue May 30, 2006 12:14 pm288Here
Welcome!!
I really wish I could work with you guys...
Let me know if you need any new writers :wink:
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostWed Oct 15, 2008 8:00 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Hey seriously, man, congrats on beating Phelps in arm wrestling. That must have been some epic battle!

But anyway, thanks for another funny production blog, :unhoodedkenny:
KENNY HAS A DREAM JOB PostWed Oct 15, 2008 10:57 am Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am0
Great Blog Kenny, :zombiekenny: :unhoodedkenny: I am from Colorado so I have a special place in my heart for South Park , Trey and Matt. I love hearing how the production process works. Its fascinating and you are working for the best show on TV by far. My friends and I here at work wait rabidly for the new episodes. During the season Wednesday nights are the best in the week. Can't wait for tonight's ep.
Keep up the good work

BIG FAN
Skratch
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostWed Oct 15, 2008 12:13 pm Offline
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm4
Hey South Park PAs! I also have been a huge fan of South Park since I was 15 and I absolutely would love to work there at South Park Studios!

Please, if there are any openings, let me (or us) know! It would really be a blessing to work with the South Park crew!

I look forwards to tonight's episode and more PA blogs!
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostWed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 pm Offline
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 am7
I want that Kenny poster!!! :unhoodedkenny:
Steve PostWed Oct 15, 2008 7:36 pm Offline
Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm0
It appears that steve is holding an audrey two plant... he is now my favourite! :D :wink:
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostWed Oct 15, 2008 9:18 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
blog on my birthday?

and fan joins the ranks of SP? I should go to college to join him too then.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostFri Oct 17, 2008 5:41 am Offline
Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:32 pm0Denmark
congrats kenny :D

Im a huge SP fan myself, dont know how many hours a day i spent watching episodes :D

I would give anything to move to USA and work with South park :wink:
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostSun Oct 19, 2008 8:50 pm Offline
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 am56NY
Wait--- You can't be serious- a GPA of 7.2?????
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 14, 2008 PostSun Oct 19, 2008 10:18 pm Offline
Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm1
Congrats kenny! Thats an insane deal, a fan since 15 and now getting to work with them? you asswhole ... lawlz. Welcome and have fun. :zombiekenny:

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 12 posts