Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 19 posts 1, 2  Next
Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 6:49 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Steve Rippin, Production Assistant:
Good evening everyone! PA Steve here to fill you in on all things South Park this week. So, as most of you know, we have a big group sleep/ work over at South Park on Tuesday nights to finish the show. Sometimes, at 4 a.m., Matt and Trey call upon my expert vocal services to lay down some background voices for characters that they don't have time or want to do.

This week with everyone in South Park getting startled, there is bound to be a need for a lot of screaming, yelling, and yelping people. Which is where I come in. Along with various storyboard artists and animators, I get to moonlight as an ADR artist. We are called in to lay down the background tracks that you hear on the show. So every time you hear a soldier yell or a man scream feel free to send me or some of my colleagues a digital pat on the back. It's surreal to be recording with Matt. Those of you who are religious South Park watchers like myself can imagine how amazing it is to be in the room when he busts out a Terrance or Phillip voice or other classic characters, like Butters! The 4 a.m. recording time is something to get used to but it beats sleeping.

Me, practicing my soldier yell, Gary doesn't seem startled, but he will be.

In other news, Halloween is approaching and needless to say we are very excited. Eric Stough brought in a rather large scarecrow with a crazy pumpkin head to hangout in our foyer. It makes a great addition to the office and it will scare away the damn crows that keep flying around my desk.

Scaaaaaary!!!

This week's blog is all over the place but there are a lot of cool things that have happened that I want to fill you in on. Hot Dog Cart!! We had a hot dog truck grace us with its presence at work today. I prefer to call it the yum yum delicious truck that brings joy to my belly but that's neither here nor there. After a 90 hour plus week hot dogs are delicious meat treats that either make you pass out due to food coma or give you that extra boost you need to finish one of the craziest episodes of the season. I am currently writing this deep in the middle of a food coma. Coma aside we are very excited about Pandemic 2: The Startling - I'm so startled!!!!

That is all for this weeks bloggy. I have to go practice screaming and yelling like a soldier. Can't wait to read your comments, yes I can read. If you have any questions leave them there and I’ll try to get to them this week. Also I want to know what everyone is going as for Halloween. I am going as Satan from the show, dildo and Saddam not included. That's it, Thank You, Good Night, God Bless, Good Luck, Adios and Seeee Yaaaaaa.

-Steve
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 6:59 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
I'm startled.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 pm Offline
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 am56NY
Can't wait to see the new episode you guys have been working on!!! Our study group has a sweet ass study break planned for tomorrow: a keg, and south park! thanks for making college life bearable you guys!!!
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 9:20 pm Offline
Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:29 pm11
The show's fans, even I can't wait until what comes next in this upcoming episode. The Cloverfield parody I thought was a great idea and I hope this episode can be as great. We will never know what would happen next. We never know Kenny might die again or the boys might not go back to South Park. We will hope the best for tomorrow's episode.

I'm...so...Startled.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 9:24 pm Offline
Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:29 pm174New Orleans -- The New Atlantis
I'm so jealous you get to do voices with Matt Stone.

What am I going to be for Halloween?

Zombie Dee Snyder.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm Offline
Oh yeah on the topic for Halloween costumes- I was GOING to be a sexy librarian but my friends decided it would be hilarious if I went to school dressed as SARAH PALIN!!!!

How do you guys post photos here? I'll want to send it in-- I'm also gonna have a sash on that says, "Miss Alaska", hehehe.

everyone should post their costumes, it'd be fun- has anyone dressed up as cartman before??
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm Offline
Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:20 pm176
Go to http://spagett.com/ and you'll know what I'm being :)
pasta and all.

AH SPAGETTT!

I'm sure to startle a few people ;)*

*Actually, I'm sure to have fun while being a loser
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 10:21 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
nall wrote:
I'm startled

...what was that?
Well, unless I'm invited to a last minute party, I have no plans. If need be, I can always don my Chef costume from a couple of years ago.
As far as qwestiens go, I don't really have any at the moment. Should any arise, I will be sure to let you know.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
I'll dress as myself, that usually frightens enough people.

Quote:
How do you guys post photos here?

Get an account on Photobucket, then post the img code you get. Can't wait to see your palin costume, If I cared about Haloween, that would make a great costume for me too XD
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostTue Oct 28, 2008 11:11 pm Offline
Super-you're gonna love it-- i'm still at work and we just finished making my super awesome ghetto sash that says miss alaska. fun times at the library. (when we SHOULD be studying, :-p)
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostWed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 am Offline
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm4
I can't wait to see tonight's episode! I'm so confused to where the story is going, and what is up with Craig!? I'm just hoping that Craig gets the last laugh of the episode, where he flicks off the boys and the show ends. That would make my day.

Anyway, I had plans for Halloween but they got canceled, so my girlfriend and I are going to see Saw V! So I guess I'm going to be a teenage kid at the movies for Halloween. How lame is that. haha

Quick question, how did you become a PA? And how can I become a PA?

Thanks a bunch for the PA updates. I love to see what goes on behind the scenes at SPS. Keep up the good work!
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostWed Oct 29, 2008 12:55 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:23 pm4Up your butt..and around the corner
Oh dude, totally awesome!
And, I had no clue you could read..? :o

Anyways, since it's already Wednesday..I'm counting down the hours right now, then I'll move on to minutes, then finally seconds. Until, the show begins and I sing along to the South Park theme song! :)
I loved how Craig is taking a big part in this,
and the ending to last Wednesdays episode was kinda like what Cartman did to Kyle's picture in Imaginationland. :D..it was hilarious.

I wouldn't shut up about it at school today, until my friend Brandie told me to go to hell and wait, which only kept me quiet for about..let's say 6 seconds, and I continued, adding that she should go f*ck herself... I don't think she get's how much I love South Park, and she's always reminding me girls aren't supposed to like South Park...but then I become my own lawyer and defend myself. :)

Well anyways, I really can't wait! 3:54 p.m. in Ohio..

Oh, also...I died in a food coma once...yes...I died...

....booooo.....
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostWed Oct 29, 2008 2:58 pm Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
Last year for Halloween I wore a nice suit, carried a knife around and called myself "Corporate Crime."

This year the only thing I can think of is cutting two eye-holes in a blue bedhseet I have and going as a depressed ghost.
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostWed Oct 29, 2008 3:01 pm Offline
Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am1
Nice blog :D

Have to admit I must be at least as excited as you guys are - It's a shame it takes so much effort to produce South Park episodes, just imagine there's a big button which generates a unique episode as soon as its pressed - I know for sure every person on the world would be glued to the screen displaying them like, even longer than forever! (Unless forever does not mean to wake up in the afternoon, scratch your balls as you carefully moan, burp at anyone who greets as you pass by a nearby hot dog stand for your daily quantity of proteins and then spent the remaining day sitting on your fat, lazy ass)

Too bad there's no such thing, but hey, no need to worry, you guys are still doing quite fine! Oh, and the voice-acting is always of high quality- I'll be sure to listen to the guards' shrieks and rants throughout this episode.

Since I don't live in the USA I don't know exactly how much longer it will take for the show to air, but I'll probably not go to bed before it has, and its 11pm already. It's always a dramatic wait until the next episode airs. :lol:
Re: Production Blog Entry for October 28, 2008 PostWed Oct 29, 2008 4:40 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
Matt does the voice for both Terrance and Phillip?

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 19 posts 1, 2  Next