Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
Production Blog Entry for 10/12/10 PostTue Oct 12, 2010 7:34 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
DJ STEVEY RIPS- Assistant Production Coordinator

Hello South Parkers!!

I hope you have your hair gel, your canned tan and your Ron Ron Juice ready because this week it's South Park vs New Jersey. I know some of you may actually be from Jersey and you say you don’t use spray tan, but let’s be serious. You do and you like it .

As for us here in the production office “week two” is always one of the busiest of the run for no reason whatsoever. Running around and grabbing all sorts of fun things for the show and cleaning up all the Vagisil from last week has left us slightly exhausted, but have no fear Red Bull is here getting us through another Tuesday night.

So while I'm here at work, I thought I'd like to share a little story from week one.

So, once in a while we get a request to go to the store for Matt and Trey. Video games, food, more food and glue are all the norm, but last week Trey had a very special request. It was a first.

Trey: "Hey Steve, (He didn’t say Steve, but I like to pretend he said my name anyway.) can you go grab me every kind of Vagisil that they sell at CVS?"

Steve: "Uhh. Yeah sure Trey!" (I think I said HIS name but I’m not sure because I was in shock.)

I got a little caught up in some other stuff and so I decided to send my good pal, PA David, to procure all things Vagisil. Eighty four dollars later the folks in the South Park writer's room were the proud owners of every product Vagisil makes.

I know a lot of you out there wish you could work at South Park and believe me, we wish you could too but, there is nothing more awkward than being a 24-year-old male and having to buy eighty-four dollars worth of Vagisil as part of your job. When the checkout woman and the other ladies at the counter threw a few strange looks at David, he calmly said, “I have a lot of women in my family.” (You gotta know PA David to appreciate the delivery of that line.)

I couldn’t have made it up if I wanted to!! Good job David. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Until next time… keep up with your GTL brah.

-Steve
Re: Production Blog Entry for 10/12/10 PostTue Oct 12, 2010 8:09 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
How many types of Vagisil are there?
Re: Production Blog Entry for 10/12/10 PostTue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Jesus. Between buying out 3/4 of the feminine hygiene aisle at CVS and searching for manties at Target, it's a wonder you guy aren't on some "weirdo" list deep within the bowels of the FBI. They probably just shrug it off anyway. "Oh, those guys work for South Park? Never mind then."
Re: Production Blog Entry for 10/12/10 PostTue Oct 12, 2010 10:36 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
nall wrote:
I got a little caught up in some other stuff and so I decided to send my good pal, PA David, to procure all things Vagisil. Eighty four dollars later the folks in the South Park writer's room were the proud owners of every product Vagisil makes.

I know a lot of you out there wish you could work at South Park and believe me, we wish you could too but, there is nothing more awkward than being a 24-year-old male and having to buy eighty-four dollars worth of Vagisil as part of your job. When the checkout woman and the other ladies at the counter threw a few strange looks at David, he calmly said, “I have a lot of women in my family.” (You gotta know PA David to appreciate the delivery of that line.)

I couldn’t have made it up if I wanted to!! Good job David. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Until next time… keep up with your GTL brah.

-Steve

I hope you let David use your CVS Rewards Card; $84.00 will get you a lot of points and great discount coupons are now coming your way :D

Re: Production Blog Entry for 10/12/10 PostThu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
^^ Likes the comment above mine. ;)

I loved this production blog. That's all. (If you "know" me, which is of course something no one here really cares about, but if you "know" me, you'll know why I loved this production blog)

But yay for work errands!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts