Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 25 posts Previous  1, 2
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 8:51 am Offline
Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm1539Norwich, UK.
[quote="strumpfhose":04255]the accent of her anus fluctuates between attempted Welsh, Scottish, Caribbean and Liverpudlian accents.[/quote:04255]

There was a lot of the Manchester accent in there too. Gary's accent was driving me mad, it was so annoying the way it kept changing. Mingy's wasn't so bad, that was just stock Cockney, but it sounded like Gary was trying to represent the rest of the regions of the UK. Which is a bad thing considering some areas of the UK have regional rivalries between each other.
Email notifications do matter, people.
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 1:27 pm Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:03 pm37Kiev, Ukraine
albino.black.sheep wrote:
There was a lot of the Manchester accent in there too. Gary's accent was driving me mad, it was so annoying the way it kept changing. Mingy's wasn't so bad, that was just stock Cockney, but it sounded like Gary was trying to represent the rest of the regions of the UK. Which is a bad thing considering some areas of the UK have regional rivalries between each other.

as for me (I don't speak English in my ordinary life) I even couldn't hear the difference between Gary's accents and I think there is no big deal that Gary changed his accent very often)
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 1:39 pm Offline
Mr. Y wrote:
as for me (I don't speak English in my ordinary life) I even couldn't hear the difference between Gary's accents and I think there is no big deal that Gary changed his accent very often)

I didn't think that many people outside the UK would be able to pick up on the different accents. If you're not from the UK or don't speak to people from the UK, you probably wouldn't be able to tell. But people from the UK, oh, we can tell the difference.
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 1:52 pm Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:03 pm37Kiev, Ukraine
Do you remember 107 Pinkeye? In the begining of the episod two Russian spacemen at the Mir Space Station were speaking "Russian". But belive me it is not even close to Russian and I think that the attempt of copying Russian language was pretty funny. And the same thing with the Gary's accents. It was made just for fun, that's all :)
PostMon Mar 12, 2007 2:02 pm Offline
I know! In episode 310, the Japanese spoken is spoken with an American accent, various episodes has Arabic as just 'derka, der'.

I know it's not real, I know it's a cartoon, I know it's funny, but all I was doing was pointing out that those accents, although really very different, are, to me, annoying mixed together, because they're grating on my brain, telling me that that does not sound right.

I mean all those accents mixed together was probably one of the jokes in the episode, because there you have Minge with the Cockney accent that everyone (apart from Dick van Dyke) in the US and further are familiar with. And then you have Gary, who has every other accent in the UK mixed together, which aren't represented in the media, making them unfamiliar to everyone else.
I guess female sound minge or gary wouldn't be kidnaper PostFri Apr 20, 2007 8:38 pm Offline
Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:14 pm6Guangzhou,China中国广州
you see, when you put Minge n' Gary to kidnap people with a female voice, that'd be really weird. but i can't understand why they get the voice like British or welsh? Anyway, they sounds like sissy. that's pretty funny.
Born to eat
冒死喜欢南方公园.
Love South park even I die.
PostFri Apr 20, 2007 9:06 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I think they may have been ripping on a short film that was a parody of The Vagina Monologues, "The Vagina Dialogs". It's on Atom Films, and it featured (an unbelievably hot) American girl whose front-bottom had a thick Scottish accent. And her boyfriend's dong had a Pakistani accent, even though he was whiter than cottage cheese.
Re: I guess female sound minge or gary wouldn't be kidnaper PostSat Apr 21, 2007 3:13 am Offline
Raymondlu wrote:
you see, when you put Minge n' Gary to kidnap people with a female voice, that'd be really weird. but i can't understand why they get the voice like British or welsh? Anyway, they sounds like sissy. that's pretty funny.

Welsh is British.

BRMBug wrote:
I think they may have been ripping on a short film that was a parody of The Vagina Monologues, "The Vagina Dialogs". It's on Atom Films, and it featured (an unbelievably hot) American girl whose front-bottom had a thick Scottish accent. And her boyfriend's dong had a Pakistani accent, even though he was whiter than cottage cheese.

That's interesting. I'm gonna look out for it. It must be on YouTube somewhere.
PostSat Apr 21, 2007 9:43 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
PostSat Apr 21, 2007 9:49 am Offline
Dude! Sweet! Billy Connolly!

I blame you people if I don't get my dissertation done for Monday.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 25 posts Previous  1, 2