Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 7 posts
With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Yesterday's Airing) PostThu Oct 04, 2007 7:31 am Offline
Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:47 pm3
When the episode originally aired Cartman was ripping the "little person" in the principal’s office.

One of the comments the little person made was "I can rise above it."

Cartman laughs and says "Rise above it! Like he can rise above anything!"

In last night's repeat everything after "Rise above it!" was omitted.

Do you guys think these few words were edited out for time or some other reason?

I know voices and other things have been changed in repeats, but this one seemed odd.

Whatcha guys think?
Re: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Yesterday's Airing) PostThu Oct 04, 2007 2:43 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
It's not uncommon for them to fine tune some of the dialog and/or sound effects between the original broadcast and the Sunday repeat. In that same episode, in the scene in the gym, the midget tells all the kids to say "Hello, fatso!" when Cartman came in. In the original airing, the kids all say "Good morning, fatso!" By Sunday, it had been changed to "Hello, fatso!" like the midget instructed.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Yesterday's Airing) PostThu Oct 04, 2007 4:16 pm Offline
Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:47 pm3
triplemultiplex wrote:
It's not uncommon for them to fine tune some of the dialog and/or sound effects between the original broadcast and the Sunday repeat. In that same episode, in the scene in the gym, the midget tells all the kids to say "Hello, fatso!" when Cartman came in. In the original airing, the kids all say "Good morning, fatso!" By Sunday, it had been changed to "Hello, fatso!" like the midget instructed.
Thanks dude.

I was just curious since the edit was so minor.
Re: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Yesterday's Airing) PostWed Oct 31, 2007 3:37 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Near as I can figure, they probably thought it came across too viciously, so they thought it would be better to remove it.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Yesterday's Airing) PostSun Oct 19, 2008 5:13 am Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:16 pm1
Another thing I noticed about this episode is in that scene in the principal's office, right before Cartman says "He looks like a little strawberry!" his cheeks get red, right? When they first aired it, his cheeks didn't get red. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm almost (HIV) positive. (ok, bad joke)
Re: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Yesterday's Airing) PostSun Oct 19, 2008 12:05 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Yeah, in the original, his cheeks didn't blush up all of a sudden.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (Yesterday's Airing) PostTue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 pm Offline
Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:50 pm4
odd they seem to have the idea from a dutch live tv game show where a teenage girl answered to the following: what is another word for misfit in society? she answers: 'foreigner'.
it really happened.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 7 posts