Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 26 posts 1, 2  Next
1201, Tonsil Trouble PostWed Mar 12, 2008 11:49 pm Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm33Melbourne, AU
Let's keep this section of the forum clean.
One thread per episode and I'll edit *this* post with all of the bloopers you guys come up with.

Bloopers in red require IMMEDIATE fixing.
Bloopers in orange are annoying and it would be great if they were fixed.
All other bloopers, we can deal with them without caring too much.

Animation: Hells Pass Hospital. During the cuts showing the doctors, the background of the hallway behind them changes ever-so-slightly.

Perspective: Airport Hilton. Jimmy and Butters sit two tables behind Cartman (technically, "5 o'clock"), yet in the cut where Butters says "Great benefit, Eric!", it *appears* that they are sitting at his "3 o'clock" because of the profile pose he's in. He should have been animated in a 45-degree-to-the-camera pose.

Animation: Airport Hilton: The cuts before and after the "Great benefit, Eric!" cut. The dishes that the waitress carries move locations.

Animation: Airport Hilton: During the latter cuts showing Eric and Ms. Cartman. The location of Ms. Cartman's glass of wine was initially in a different position. In earlier cuts during the same scene, the glass of wine is mysteriously absent.

Animation: School playground: During the initial stages of the Kyle and Cartman confrontation. The brick wall behind Kyle changes in the "Taddletale!?" cut.

Animation: Principal Victoria's office. When Principal Victoria slams the door in the boys' (Kyle's and Cartman's) faces, we see a white lamp on her desk. In the previous cuts, this lamp wasn't there.

Factual: Principal Victoria's office. Not really a blooper as such, but there's a calendar on the wall outside her office. We're not in October ;)

Animation: Cartman's room. Location difference of:
  • the left piece of the broken rocket and the Terrance doll,
  • the Terrance doll and the toy box, and
  • the Wellington Bear recorder's position on the drawer,
between the first and second cut.
Also, if we're to assume real-time continuity between the two cuts, in the second cut:
  • the left piece of the Mel Gibson poster appears squished,
  • the right piece of the poster has already landed, and
  • Kyle's face changes from close-eyed >.< to open-eyed O.O

Animation: Cartman's room. The position of the Mel Gibson poster is significantly lower than what it was at the start of the episode. But Kyle's pretty short, so...

Animation (spotted by Cartman5678): When Kyle goes to break the Xbox 360, the console's front display is in reverse - in relation to a real console. After Cartman says "there really is hope", and the camera focuses back on Kyle, everything is correct.
Note: When Kyle grabs on to Kyle's shoulder ("We can overcome our illness, I swear it to you!"), the display is in reverse again.

Possible continuity: Cartman's room. Kyle loves basketball (901, Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina) so he should know about Magic Johnson having HIV.

Animation: Denver Airport. During one of the cuts showing Kyle and Cartman ("Oh, please 'No reason'!") one of the background characters (blonde hair) enters the shot from right-of-frame and appears IN FRONT of the barriers.

Animation: Magic Johnson's house: Kyle and Cartman meet Magic for the first time. During the first cut of the boys, the plant on the top-right-of-frame's leaves are black. In the second (very long cut), the same plant's leaves are coloured in shades of green. In the third cut, the leaves are back to black.

Possible continuity: Magic Johnson's house. Kyle is wrong here. AIDS was declared officially funny in 601, Jared Has Aides. But the whole story/situation could just be self-referential anyway.

Animation: Magic Johnson's house: Hallway. Not *reeeally* a blooper as such, but it's curious to note that after Magic shows the boys around, and they stop moving, there are no lights above them when throughout the hallway we've seen thus far, it's covered in lights.

Animation: AIDS Research Center. This one's curious. Let's assume the AIDS virus is attracted to money (because that's what I thought at first). If the monitor is displaying exactly what the scientists (in terms of up|down|left|right) see in the microscope's display, the "AIDS particles" should be moving left-of-frame (towards the money). If, however, the AIDS virus is repelled by money, the animation is fine.

Animation: AIDS Research Center. This one's REALLY lame so I want to apologise before you read it. We see Benjamin Franklin's face on one of the cells. In the next cut, you don't see this reflected on the monitor. Told you... Once again, I'm really sorry you had to read that one...

Animation: Airport Hilton: Cure For AIDS event. A comparison between the first mid-close cut of the host, Kyle and Cartman and subsequent cuts of the same frame shows that Cartman has expanded ever-so-slightly even though he's standing in the same spot.

Animation: Airport Hilton: Cure For AIDS event. This one's kinda nitpicky, too, but it's the last one that I can see, so, whatever... So far, Kyle has been standing on that separation between floorboards, but when Jimmy Buffet comes out to play, Cartman is standing on it. It can be argued that they moved to give Jimmy some space but I'm assuming real-time continuity editing.
Edit: I take that back. It is an error in animation. The speaker and plant to the left-of-frame has moved with the boys in relation to the floorboard separation marking.
Last edited by Loserbait on Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostFri Mar 14, 2008 1:50 pm Offline
Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:37 pm57
I don't know what to say. You either have really good eyesight, or you're just a loser. Good job though! :mrgreen:
Cartman kicks ass!!!
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostFri Mar 14, 2008 2:40 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 pm1208New York.....Just kidding.
Damn, I didn't notice there's was some bloopers.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostFri Mar 14, 2008 5:49 pm
Loser.

People like you are the reasons why television and movie scenes are completely ignored because some douche bag like you spends all your time finding little useless errors in the movie/animation.

You are one ugly bored loser.

Go f*** yourself you ugly fag.

[USER GETS A DAY'S BAN FOR THIS POST.]
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostFri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 pm
sommi11 wrote:
Loser.

People like you are the reasons why television and movie scenes are completely ignored because some douche bag like you spends all your time finding little useless errors in the movie/animation.

Go f*** yourself you ugly homosexual.

Wow, this is so unnecessary (not to mention highly offensive as you use 'homosexual' as an insult). Just chill out, make your point, and don't be a dick about it.
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostFri Mar 14, 2008 8:55 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Guest wrote:
Wow, this is so unnecessary (not to mention highly offensive as you use 'homosexual' as an insult). Just chill out, make your point, and don't be a dick about it.

Yes, thank you.
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSat Mar 15, 2008 12:42 am Offline
sommi11 wrote:

Actually, I've been doing this since season one. I'm pretty sure staff at South Park know I don't do this maliciously and without Quality Checkers like me, they wouldn't reanimate some sequences for DVD-release. Hence, I'm showing that every scene is important by analysing it thoroughly.

sommi1 wrote:

• You don't even know what I look like.
  • Homophobia is a sign of being a Tom Cruise.
  • Yeah, I'm bored. Sorry I don't have to exciting life you do.

Lastly, I don't ask a single one of you critics to check out this section of the forum. You do it of your own free will. Don't tell me off for being an animation critic - I've been studying animation for many *many* years. You have NO idea how much I respect South Park and its animation staff (it is arguably one of the best animations in the Western hemisphere) but when models aren't textured properly, it needs to be fixed.
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSat Mar 15, 2008 12:59 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
sommi11 wrote:
some douche bag like you spends all your time finding little useless errors in the movie/animation.

You know, this forum is here specifically for those people, who are not douche bags, by the way. If that bothers you, stay the hell out of it.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSat Mar 15, 2008 1:47 am Offline
Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:08 am5
At this point everyone understands that there's one douche on this and every other thread. Unfortunately this douchefart has dominated too much space here, and obliterated the point of this rather interesting post.

So to get back on topic, I never realized any of these anomalies. I guess I always at least chalked SP up to crappy animation as a core of the show. The shear genius being behind the writing.. and somehow getting zillions of us to bypass quality as well.. Though in recent episodes they have been sneaking in quite a bit of considerably decent animation. It's kinda cool to have someone show us these inconsistencies.. It makes me want to watch the new episode again for the 5th or 6th time this week to check it out; if not just for kicks. I hope it doesn't ruin my future experience of watching this episode or other episodes. After all, ignorance is bliss..
aprilinjune.com

awake while you're asleep..
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSat Mar 15, 2008 11:16 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
sommi11 wrote:
Loser.

Heh, that ban affected people who don't even read this section of the board.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSat Mar 15, 2008 1:04 pm Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah. Like me. Poor CartmanMills, no love from his fellow South-Parkers. :P :(
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSat Mar 15, 2008 2:33 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Big-Will wrote:

Heh, that ban affected people who don't even read this section of the board.

Me too. I'm assuming it was some sort of IP issue?
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSat Mar 15, 2008 9:57 pm
I'm not sure if you could consider this a blooper, but did you notice that when Kyle went to break the Xbox 360, everything on the front was in reverse, and then after Cartman says "there really is hope", and the camera focuses back on Kyle, everything is correct.

P.S: It appears he has the Arcade version of the Xbox 360, as indicated by the white DVD Drive cover, as opposed to the Silver DVD Drive cover, on the Premium/Pro and the Elite Xbox 360, but he has the Hard Drive which is Black instead of Gray.
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostSun Mar 16, 2008 1:36 am Offline
Cartman5678 wrote:
I'm not sure if you could consider this a blooper, but did you notice that when Kyle went to break the Xbox 360, everything on the front was in reverse, and then after Cartman says "there really is hope", and the camera focuses back on Kyle, everything is correct.

P.S: It appears he has the Arcade version of the Xbox 360, as indicated by the white DVD Drive cover, as opposed to the Silver DVD Drive cover, on the Premium/Pro and the Elite Xbox 360, but he has the Hard Drive which is Black instead of Gray.

Fantastic find! I don't have an Xbox so I have no idea how the front display is set up.
Re: 1201, Tonsil Trouble PostTue Mar 18, 2008 12:41 pm Offline
Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:35 pm55
sommi11 wrote:
Loser.

Very unnecessary... And, it's not that hard to notice those kinds of things. I noticed plenty of those things the first and second time watching the episode. So, yeah...
You shouldn't a done dat.
He's just a boy.
Poor little feller.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 26 posts 1, 2  Next