Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
1311 Whale Whores Inaccuracies PostThu Oct 29, 2009 6:00 pm Offline
Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:49 pm3
I was surprised to see a number of Japanese errors, given the shows history with the subject and the background of Trey Parker.

-The text on the side of the oil drums does not say "Fuel Storage," but nonsense in Japanese.
-The text on the skyline is more nonsense Japanese.
-Japanese prisons do not look like what is depicted in the episode, and there is more Japanese nonsense written on the walls.
-The Japanese police refer to the emperor as "Akihito-sama," this would never happen in Japan, and many Japanese do not know the emperor's name.
-Akihito says "Over 50 years ago" when it could be "Over 60," not a big deal but..

It surprises me that the (festival) outfits of the Japanese are very accurate and obviously well-researched (as well as the emblem of Prime Minister Hatoyama, etc) yet there are also several inaccuracies throughout the episode.
Last edited by syrup16g on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: 1311 Whale Wars Inaccuracies PostThu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
BAKA TSUREI!
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: 1311 Whale Whores Inaccuracies PostThu Nov 26, 2009 5:57 pm Offline
Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:05 pm2
syrup16g wrote:
I was surprised to see a number of Japanese errors, given the shows history with the subject and the background of Trey Parker.

-The text on the side of the oil drums does not say "Fuel Storage," but nonsense in Japanese.
-The text on the skyline is more nonsense Japanese.
-Japanese prisons do not look like what is depicted in the episode, and there is more Japanese nonsense written on the walls.
-The Japanese police refer to the emperor as "Akihito-sama," this would never happen in Japan, and many Japanese do not know the emperor's name.
-Akihito says "Over 50 years ago" when it could be "Over 60," not a big deal but..

It surprises me that the (festival) outfits of the Japanese are very accurate and obviously well-researched (as well as the emblem of Prime Minister Hatoyama, etc) yet there are also several inaccuracies throughout the episode.

Most people watching South Park wouldn't know how to read Japanese anyways... Just funny little things I'm sure they threw in there to add to the scenery.
Re: 1311 Whale Whores Inaccuracies PostFri Dec 04, 2009 7:44 am Offline
Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:37 am2
yeah there was definitely a part when they were making fun of the fat guy from whale wars show where they called him a "narcoleptic" when instead i think they meant to say he was a "narcissist." This could be have been intentional but idk. That's a pretty stupid mistake. How did they not notice that?
Re: 1311 Whale Whores Inaccuracies PostFri Dec 04, 2009 1:22 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
tankstar wrote:
yeah there was definitely a part when they were making fun of the fat guy from whale wars show where they called him a "narcoleptic" when instead i think they meant to say he was a "narcissist." This could be have been intentional but idk. That's a pretty stupid mistake. How did they not notice that?

wut.

Er...
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts