Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Fat Beard PostWed Dec 23, 2009 4:50 pm Offline
Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:28 am14
In Fatbeard on the annoucment he says "No Jews" but Ike is Jewish and he was allowed on his crew.
Re: Fat Beard PostThu Dec 24, 2009 5:03 am Offline
Sun May 10, 2009 12:53 am980Vienna, Austria
That may be, but my thought why he was let in was: He has no "Jewish blood". He is adopted.
Re: Fat Beard PostTue Jan 26, 2010 10:28 pm Offline
Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 pm4
Just because Ike was adopted doesn't mean he isn't Jewish. Ike was adopted by a Jewish family and circumcised according to Jewish tradition in "Ike's Wee Wee" in Season 2, two strong if not dispositive indicators of Jewish affiliation. Besides his Canadian background the show is silent as to Ike's personal heritage; regardless of the disposition of his natural parents, he would be considered Jewish by Jewish law, most people, and, I would venture to say, most certainly by Cartman. Since Cartman stands by the proposition that Jews can't be pirates, that he allowed Ike to join the pirate crew anyway could be explained away by Cartman being too distracted about the trip to Somalia, more concerned about not having Gingers join, forgetful that Ike was Jewish, or any number of reasons. I'm guessing this was an oversight by the writers, but not one of such magnitude as to ruin the episode.
Re: Fat Beard PostSun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 pm Offline
Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:29 pm7
he might be religulously jewish but not ethnicly

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts