Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 12 posts
"You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 7:36 am Offline
Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:30 am3
On some episodes, at the end, Kyle gives a speech starting with "You know, I've learned something today." There is a song plays at the background. Does anyone know where this music can be found?
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 8:12 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Please provide an episode this song is heard in.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 8:24 am Offline
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 11:44 am Offline
Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:42 pm29
I think I know what song you mean, but I'm not exacly sure which episodes it appears in.
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 pm Offline
It's from "Season 12, Episode 4 - Canada on strike".

And I did post the YouTube link guys. Song is in that video if you want to listen.

again:
Youtube link (below)

http://youtu.be/Cg5RyKkr0ZI

Youtube link (above)

Many thanks.
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 12:50 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Right, except that's not a youtube link, it's a youtu.be link. I don't know if anyone else is feeling brave, but I'm certainly not clicking that.

Anyway, it's probably a piece of music produced in-house. There are a lot of those that people are looking for; they should release a South Park score.
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 1:49 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
AtheistOtter wrote:
Right, except that's not a youtube link, it's a youtu.be link. I don't know if anyone else is feeling brave, but I'm certainly not clicking that.

Anyway, it's probably a piece of music produced in-house. There are a lot of those that people are looking for; they should release a South Park score.

That's just YT's shortened url thing. I use them all the time when I link to a vid. I just usually use url tags to hide them. And yes, that particular tune is produced in-house. Well, at least I think it is. It might be library music. Anyway, they've had it for forever, and I don't think it's readily available.
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Well, I can tell you it's not what I thought it would be, and that it's an original song from the show's band.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostSun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
AtheistOtter wrote:
It's probably a piece of music produced in-house. There are a lot of those that people are looking for; they should release a South Park score.

I agree; in house AND they should release a South Park score :)
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostMon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Totally! I'd buy it.
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostMon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
BRMBug wrote:
AtheistOtter wrote:

That's just YT's shortened url thing.

Really?? Why the hell would their "shortened" urls put a superfluous dot in them?
Re: "You know, I've learned something today" song PostMon Apr 30, 2012 11:07 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Why not?

Every web site has an extension - .com, .net, .biz - and every url shortener has a two-letter extension - .ly, .us, .tv - so youtube chose .be, so you choose

http://youtu.be/Cg5RyKkr0ZI

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg5RyKkr0ZI

As you can see, the short url has only one period, not two.
My SP Fan Site.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 12 posts