Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostTue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm Offline
Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 pm1
Matt and Trey - I'm a fan of the show, like everyone else here, and like most people, have followed it whenever possible. Unfortunately, I'm stuck between a rock and hard place.

By watching the newest episode, I would be sending a message to the advertisers that I'm alright with what Comedy Central did to "201". I'm a military vet with more than a decade of service and a journalist. I'm also a full-time college student majoring in sociology... I can't turn a blind eye toward blatant disregard for American freedom of expression.

Despite the fact that censorship of your show came from a private corporation, it still goes against what I served for and what I believe it. We vets are often quoted thusly: "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it." There are thousands of families who have given over the lives of their sons and daughters in Iraq and Afghanistan for your right to broadcast satire and social commentary in this country.

Comedy Central didn't just burn you, they burned their audience and everyone who has ever worn a uniform.

I can not, in good conscience, watch tomorrow night. I wanted to leave this post to apologize personally to you for it. I believe in your show and I see through the coarse and disgusting humor to the reflection and substance you smuggle inside it.

Despite the accidental nature of it, you two are American heroes. I wish you all the best and will continue to ask Comedy Central to re-air (uncensored) "201" to make up for the hurt it caused to me and those who fought, and continue to fight, for a free and open dialog.

All the best,
Jeremy Johnson
Re: Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostWed Apr 28, 2010 5:04 pm Offline
Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:49 am253Machias, washington
I agree with this guy 100% what comedy central did to last weeks episode was pretty fu**ed up and ruined the episode for doing so,I watched the 200th episode like 10 times waiting for the next one and what did i get, half of the damn show censored out. What ever happened to "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it."

Comedy Centrals you are a bunch of pussy's and as mean as this to say, you are no better than fox
Re: Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:03 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 am4
I agree with this guy 100%.
Re: Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:46 pm1
My son and I are big South Park fans and record every show but when we were primed for record tonight, the screen went gray. The audio was fine but we couldn't view it! The screen remained gray until the episode was over then the picture came back. We checked everything, cable lines, other stations but they were all in working order, it was just comedy central from 9:00-9:30pm (central) Nothing but gray.... Are they messing with you guys again??
Re: Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostThu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 am Offline
Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:57 am9
:timmy: As a former drug addict turned addiction counselor, I want a job at Camp Tardicaca! Kudos and Congrats on your intervention for the gayest show on television! All we can do is wait to see if it will cause Counselor "love you like crazy" Jeff to relapse again so he gets pulled from the show for good.

I'm still looking forward to "201" after the rotten break the guys got but, c'mon people, Crippled Summer was bitchin'! :roll:
Re: Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostThu Apr 29, 2010 4:20 pm Offline
Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:59 pm116
eh this episode was ok. i like how they FINALLY used timmy and jimmy since they theyve been seen is in season 7.

but...it was kinda weak. i chuckled a little when towlie was using those computer cleaner bottles and when cartman used all those papers for his speech.

but over all, a weak episode. and episode 201 was messed up. i dont have cable so my option is online viewing and ive really been wanting to know...

WHO IS CARTMANS FATHER???

someone, anyone please respond and tell me!
JESUS LOVES YOUH!!!
Re: Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostThu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 pm11
I completely agree that Comedy Central's actions were cowardly and insulting, but I think refusing to watch the show is going a bit far. That's still punishing Matt, Trey and SPS for something that wasn't their fault.
Re: Crippled Summer - Tough Decision PostWed Apr 02, 2014 8:45 pm Offline
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:36 am143
lagurl14 wrote:
eh this episode was ok. i like how they FINALLY used timmy and jimmy since they theyve been seen is in season 7.

but...it was kinda weak. i chuckled a little when towlie was using those computer cleaner bottles and when cartman used all those papers for his speech.

but over all, a weak episode. and episode 201 was messed up. i dont have cable so my option is online viewing and ive really been wanting to know...

WHO IS CARTMANS FATHER???

someone, anyone please respond and tell me!

I know this is an old post but Cartman's father is Jack Tenorman

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts