Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 7 posts
A Loophole in You have 0 friends PostSun Oct 24, 2010 4:12 pm Offline
Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:44 pm11
This has been something that has been bugging me since I first saw the episode months ago, and I figured I'd say it now as its as good as a time as any. Kyle didn't want Kip to be friendless, so he friends him. As a result, his other friends drop him. Stan, who was forced into Facebook, didn't really give a rat's ass who was his friend or not (even if he said no, he'd break down eventually) but ironically had close to 1,000,000 friends. To make a solution for both characters, why didn't Stan befriend Kip to begin with?

If Stan befriended Kip, Kyle wouldn't have felt obligated to be friends with Kip, so his Facebook catastrophe wouldn't have happened. Also, since Stan would have been friends with Kip, others would have viewed Stan as the liability, so they wouldn't want to befriend him, give or take a few characters like Wendy or Randy (and the latter I'm not so sure about). Also, Kip would have been obsessed with Stan like he would have been with Kyle, which still would have made him happy. In the end, it would have been a win-win-win situation for all. Thoughts?
Re: A Loophole in You have 0 friends PostMon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I too wondered that, but I came to the conclusion that Stan cared so little for FB that the idea didn't even cross his mind.
Re: A Loophole in You have 0 friends PostMon Oct 25, 2010 9:30 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
BRMBug wrote:
I came to the conclusion that Stan cared so little for FB that the idea didn't even cross his mind.

Exactly. Stan didn't want to be on Facebook in the first place, and he tried to shut down his account when he saw how out of control it was. I'd be worried too if I got almost a million friends I didn't approve in just a matter of weeks.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: A Loophole in You have 0 friends PostMon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 pm Offline
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 pm4Guadalajara, Mexico
Well... if Stan had friended Kip it would not have been a facebook episode in the first place would it?
I wasn't born yesterday.. I just woke up a little late :)

I hate it when I realize when the people around me never understood anything all this time just when I thought it was oh so normal knowing it
Re: A Loophole in You have 0 friends PostTue Oct 26, 2010 2:58 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Big-Will wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
I came to the conclusion that Stan cared so little for FB that the idea didn't even cross his mind.

Exactly. Stan didn't want to be on Facebook in the first place, and he tried to shut down his account when he saw how out of control it was. I'd be worried too if I got almost a million friends I didn't approve in just a matter of weeks.

You took the words right out of my mouth - Stan didn't want to join FB in the first place.
Re: A Loophole in You have 0 friends PostMon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 pm Offline
Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:59 pm116
SgtFeather wrote:
This has been something that has been bugging me since I first saw the episode months ago, and I figured I'd say it now as its as good as a time as any. Kyle didn't want Kip to be friendless, so he friends him. As a result, his other friends drop him. Stan, who was forced into Facebook, didn't really give a rat's ass who was his friend or not (even if he said no, he'd break down eventually) but ironically had close to 1,000,000 friends. To make a solution for both characters, why didn't Stan befriend Kip to begin with?

If Stan befriended Kip, Kyle wouldn't have felt obligated to be friends with Kip, so his Facebook catastrophe wouldn't have happened. Also, since Stan would have been friends with Kip, others would have viewed Stan as the liability, so they wouldn't want to befriend him, give or take a few characters like Wendy or Randy (and the latter I'm not so sure about). Also, Kip would have been obsessed with Stan like he would have been with Kyle, which still would have made him happy. In the end, it would have been a win-win-win situation for all. Thoughts?

well stan didnt care about facebook. he only had that many friends because everyone forced him to, but nobody forced him to add kip.
JESUS LOVES YOUH!!!
Re: A Loophole in You have 0 friends PostTue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
And if Stan friended Kip in the first place, the plot would not make sense in showing Kyle's addition to FarmVille. The plot element of Stan not wanting to join FB in the first place, Stan would have no reason to go into the internet like Tron and Stan would then have no opportunity to kick some of Kyle's FarmVille crops :lol:

That plot element would not have made sense if Stan had friended Kip in the first place making it possible for Kyle not to consider friended Kip as Stan had already done it.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 7 posts