Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 15 posts
Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostSun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
They are already making Cartman, Kenny, and Butters. If they make a Series 2 it should be Stan, Kyle, and Wendy. The rest of the series would go like this:
Series 3: Craig, Clyde, and Token
Series 4: Jimmy, Timmy, and Tweek
Series 5: Bebe, Red, and Annie
Series 6: Kevin, Bradley, and Francis
Series 7: Lola, Heidi, and Millie
Series 8: Sally, Esther, and Jason
Series 9: Randy, Sharon, and Shelley
Series 10: Gerald, Sheila, and Ike
Series 11: Liane, Stuart, and Carol
Series 12: Mr. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, and Principal Victoria
Series 13: Yates, Mitch, and Barbrady
Series 14: McDaniels, Jimbo, and Ned
Series 15: Chef, Pip, and Ms. Choksondik
Series 16: Jesus, Satan, and Towelie
Series 17: Dr. Mephisto, Kevin (his clone), and Ms. Crabtree
Series 18: Mr. Hankey, Terrance, and Philip
Series 19: Stephen, Linda, and Skeeter
Series 20: Mr. Tucker, Mrs. Tucker, and Craig's Sister
Series 21: Mr. Testaburger, Mrs. Testaburger, and Mr. Donovan
Series 22: Mrs. Donovan, Kevin McCormick, and Karen McCormick
Series 23: Mr. Black, Mrs. Black, and Mr. Valmer
Series 24: Mrs. Valmer, Mr. Stevens, and Mrs. Stevens
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostSun Jan 16, 2011 10:34 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
You know that anything after series 4 is 99% likely to not happen, right? It would be nice if it did, but that would just reach into a niche market that doesn't exist. Only a fraction of people watch South Park, and only about 1% of that fraction actually know the names of the lesser background characters.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostSun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Niels0827 wrote:
You know that anything after series 4 is 99% likely to not happen, right? It would be nice if it did, but that would just reach into a niche market that doesn't exist. Only a fraction of people watch South Park, and only about 1% of that fraction actually know the names of the lesser background characters.

My personal stopping point would be after series 8, then all of the living 4th graders would be accounted for and it would marketed as the "South Park 4th Grader Collection". It would be along the line of a Beanie Baby/Smurf collection. Craig would not have his middle finger sticking up on his plush in order to market this to kids. Kids would go crazy collecting the whole class in order to fulfill a full classroom. And whenever the collector would collect all 24, they would send away for a free Mr. Garrison to be the 24 kids' teacher, along with a classrom diorama complete with 23 desks, because Timmy's wheelchair is his desk. I wish I could tell Funko about my idea so I could even have a very tiny shot at making this happen.
Niels0827 wrote:
Last edited by nwt000 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostSun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I don't even think there's any plushes of Craig or Clyde. Probably no figures, either. I think there's one for Token, but that's because he's black. lol

No, not really.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostSun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 pm Offline
Niels0827 wrote:
I don't even think there's any plushes of Craig or Clyde. Probably no figures, either. I think there's one for Token, but that's because he's black. lol

No, not really.

I think plushes of Stan, Kyle, Wendy, Craig, Clyde, Token, Jimmy, Timmy, Tweek, Bebe, Red, Annie, Kevin, Bradley, and Lola would go well with the first 3 plushes. Series 6 would be a good stopping point, if it is not Series 8.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostMon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18778I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostMon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 am Offline
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostTue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm Offline
Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:35 am64Cleveland, OH
Well sh*t.
That Butters plush is way cuter than the floppy 2008-2009 one.

I completely agree with Niels. Those are wayyyy too much plushes you listed, man. Lol.

If they made plushes, it will most likely be Cartmen, Kenny, Stan, Kyle, Butters and one or two secondary characters (most likely Wendy and Ike, heh).

I wouldn't mind having a new Tweek though (I have three 2001 Tweek plushes now, hehe).
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostSat Feb 05, 2011 3:08 pm Offline
I hope Funko makes more characters from the show.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostTue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 pm Offline
I wish I could contact Trey and Matt because the dicks at Funko and Mezco don't accept product and/or marketing suggestions, but I think South Park should start merchandising characters that are not the main five boys. Since I'm not a complete n00b, I know that there is absoulely no way to contact M&T. The only way to contact them would be a longshot and indirect: nall or ButtersDad would have to see this post and report their findings to Matt and/or Trey. Even though this will never happen, here is my idea: I think there should be merchandise of the following characters: Wendy, Craig, Clyde, Token, Jimmy, Timmy, Tweek, Bebe, Red, Kevin, Bradley, Mr. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, and Randy. The types of merchandise that would be sold would be apparel, posters, books, toys, electronics (video games), and other various items. They would start being sold between Q2 2011 and Q2 2012. The characters would also be seen in advertisements for the show and get more screen time. If the marketing of these characters is a success the second group of characters would be marketed: Annie, Francis, Lola, Heidi, Millie, Sally, Esther, Jason, Sharon, Shelley, Gerald, Sheila, Ike, Liane, Stuart, Carol, Stephen, Linda, Principal Victoria, Officer Barbrady, Sergeant Yates, Mitch, Big Gay Al, Mr. Slave, Mayor McDaniels, Dr. Mephisto, Mr. Hankey, Towelie, Jesus, Satan, Priest Maxi, and Skeeter. the same types of items would be sold for these characters. They would also be used in advertising for the show. So in conclusion, Step 1: Use in advertisements Step 2: Give them more screentime Step 3: Sell merchandise of the characters Step 4: PROFIT! Step 5: Repeat. I as a consumer would like to see at least the first set of characters merchandised, along with some 4th graders used in group 2. I think there is a high demand from fans for Craig, Clyde, Token, Tweek, Kevin, and Bradley merchandise for the female fanbase. The male fanbase wants to see Wendy, Bebe, and Red stuff. So all in all, this is a good idea, but I doubt anyone will pick up on this.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostWed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 am Offline
Dude, you are getting way over your head with this.

BTW, Cartman, Butters, and Kenny plushes from Funko are available to purchase now.
Going to purchase Butters and Cartman. Kenny looks too derpy, haha.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostWed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 pm Offline
All I want are plushes of all of the 4th graders. If they are never going to mass produce, say Clyde, does anyone know a good custom plush maker?
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostThu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 am Offline
Mass production costs a lot of money, dude. The prototype from a good company costs a lot of money and sending it over seas to be mass produced is even more. You need to think realistically. Barely anybody knows any of the 4th grades besides the main five, Jimmy, Timmy, and Wendy. They have plushes. Why sell characters that people barely know? A manufacturer usually has a minimum order of 1,000 plushes from a single protype. I doubt they can even sell 200 of Craig.

Dont' want to be the kill joy or anything, but that's business.

What happened to Fun-4-All? They made the best South Park plushes. I heard they went out of business.

I am currently making plushes of any character that doesn't have an official plush. I am a long time seamstress and I actually know what I am doing. The protoype of a The Mole plush I am making look like the real deal and 'official' (embroidered/appliqued eyes/face and everything). I don't know about mass producing, though, unless a company wants to buy my patterns.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostThu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18778I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Yowulf wrote:
What happened to Fun-4-All? They made the best South Park plushes. I heard they went out of business.

Goo-gle is your friend, Youwulf. Be not afraid of it.
Re: Funko is Making South Park Plushes PostThu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm Offline
Thanks, smartass! :)

The Metrosexual Stan doll I own follows the same exact pattern, applique techniques.etc etc as Fun 4 All but the tag states that it was manufactured by a different company. I wonder if SPS is still contracting F4A for plush dolls.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 15 posts