Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 3 38 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostWed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Felt is generally as flexible and soft as yarn. And from what I've seen, the shoes are made of a more leatherette type of stuff. (If you would want to fix that, I'm not sure how to go about it... um... Rhino Liner? Image)
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostWed Jun 15, 2011 10:08 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Felt is the material Cartman's jacket is made of. His pants and shirt are made of regular, sturdy material. His shows have such a thin layer of leather, I'm pretty sure it's not real leather. The yellow trim on his cap is a soft cotton and the V-shaped eyebrows are felt.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostWed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 pm Offline
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:07 am40
@BRMBug- Hahaha nice, rhino leather, I'll stay away from that at least. lol

@Big-Will- NICE, thanks for the info! I went to a fabric superstore today and picked up some black felt! I'm going to attempt at recreating new eye-brows for my Cartman doll. I've had the guy for soooo long, i forgot the eyebrows came off! Plus i was really young when my mom got him for me. Glad I still kept him though!

Other than the missing eyebrows, he's in GREAT shape, his shoes are just fine, no rips or tears on him at all, my goal is to get him new eyebrows and then call it a day! LOL

I was also wonder- LAST question i promise guys!! haha but are the eyebrows glued on? From what i can see on my Cartman doll, the top tips of the eyebrows must be sewn on but the rest of it is glued because if it was entirely sewn on Cartman, then when the eyebrows peeled off they would have left tears or something on my doll but there's absolutely NO damage on him. So I'm thinking it's a combo of- sewn at the tips but glued in the middle. Not sure if i'm right or wrong but the important thing is- I got the black felt!!! lol

I'm also bidding on a 1998 Kyle doll right now wish me luck guys...pretty sure I'll lose the bid though haha.
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostThu Jun 16, 2011 1:12 pm Offline
CartmanPorter wrote:
@BRMBug- Hahaha nice, rhino leather, I'll stay away from that at least. lol
Actually, I was talking about the rubber stuff they spray into pickup truck beds as a liner.

CartmanPorter wrote:
I was also wonder- LAST question i promise guys!! haha but are the eyebrows glued on? From what i can see on my Cartman doll, the top tips of the eyebrows must be sewn on but the rest of it is glued because if it was entirely sewn on Cartman, then when the eyebrows peeled off they would have left tears or something on my doll but there's absolutely NO damage on him. So I'm thinking it's a combo of- sewn at the tips but glued in the middle. Not sure if i'm right or wrong but the important thing is- I got the black felt!!! lol

From what I can tell, they're sewn on at the top, and at the point of the "V". And I think it was done with some really thick black thread too. You might need some special curved needles like they use in upholstery to do it. Although I've never done anything like that, so I'm not sure.
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostThu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 pm Offline
@BRMBug- Thanks man! Yeah so I see what you mean, sewn at the tip tops then at the point where both points meet to form a "V" it's sewn. But the middle portions are all glued.

Thank you so much. :mrgreen:
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostThu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 pm Offline
By the way guys- I WON THE BID! I'm happy. It's a 10" 1998 Kyle plush doll in MINT condition- no tears, scratches, looks brand new i won it at $18

Not sure if that's really much of a "win" but i see most of those dolls go for $30 and up.

I'm happy though...I mean...my Cartman i've had for 13 years. I never bothered to get another SP doll till now and now I got Kyle which is awesome. I don't think I'm gonna get anymore SP dolls, two is my limit lol :mrgreen:

He also still has the TUSH tag that reads- Fun 4 ALL- South Park, Comedy Central- 1998
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostFri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm Offline
Here's a picture of the Kyle doll i just won- Very clean and brand new looking.

[pics from Windows Live Mail don't work here]

@Big-Will- dude how big is your collection of SP dolls?
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostFri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Not very big. The four 13" dolls from '98, plus a pair of Pips, a pair of Wendys, a pair of talking Tweeks, one Mr. Mackey, one Towelie, several different kinds of Kennys. And yes, an Officer Cartman, maybe 10 inches tall.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostSat Jun 18, 2011 12:52 am Offline
Um...not very big? LOL That collection sounds gigantic! :wink:

Dude you gotta post a picture of your collection on here sometime i wanna see what the whole thing looks like together.

I'm just waiting on my Kyle doll for now...then I'll fix up my Cartman.

Not sure if i'll get any others...I think I'm happy with just those two dolls.
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostSat Jun 18, 2011 5:33 pm Offline
Hey Big-Will, is it true South Park could possibly continue for another 2 seasons?

I sure hope so!!!
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostSat Jun 18, 2011 8:02 pm Offline
that's the idea. We won't know until August though.
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostSat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 pm Offline
@BRMBug- Thanks buddy! Hopefully it all pans out well by August time!

They should just make an official announcement now, the anticipation is KILLING me. :shock:

Just give us 2 more seasons AND a new movie and we're all good! :mrgreen:
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostSat Jun 18, 2011 11:14 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
This is not the thread to ask about the future of the show. Do not discuss it here.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostSun Jun 19, 2011 12:32 am Offline
@Big-Will- ...Um...ok...sorry???
Re: I have a really rare Cartman doll...?? PostTue Jun 21, 2011 6:04 pm Offline
Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:59 pm7

Sort by  
Page 2 of 3 38 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next