Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 11 163 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:40 pm Offline
Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:31 pm62
Was it just me, or was this better than the premiere of the 15th season?..

I give it pi times pi. 8)

___

:gaykenny:
Im baaaaaack!

Hey, yknow whats funny?

Your face?

Exactly. <_>
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:41 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
"Laundry Hole"; that's the best laugh of the episode.

Butters had it right all along. Good for him.

I'll definitely be referring to a deuce as a "Harrington" for the next few days at least.

Cartman was about average in his unlikeable ways to start us off. What a douche, relishing in other people's misery.

The TSA stuff is spot on. Really builds on the guys' opinion of airline travel from The Entity. It just keeps getting more absurd. More expensive gizmos that will probably never actually stop a terrorist attack. Stupid size restrictions on bottles. Like if you were actually going through with the elaborate liquid explosive thing, you couldn't just get some terrorist pals to all get enough stuff through to make a big enough bomb. It's just a scam to make you pay for over-priced beverages in the airport.

This was pretty good for a season opener. Usually it takes them a few shows to get in that mid-run groove they're known for, so if that holds true, we're in for a good season.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:45 pm Offline
Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm20
I enjoyed this episode a lot! Love how it was pretty much centered around Clyde, the jokes kept me giggling, and Jesus Christ, Clyde ending the episode with flipping the bird to his dead mother was beautiful xD
I think it was a great way to start off the season :D 8.5/10

(Though, I'm a bit disappointed that once again there wasn't enough Kenny and I didnt get to hear Clyde's signature crybaby crying!)
t1CK
t0ck
8r8k
H34DS
honk
HONK
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:47 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Loved this episode. The emphasis on Clyde, the "laundry hole" gag, Clyde's mom dying in a weird way, the whole TSA commentary...

9.0/10! Best season premiere in years!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I don't know how to feel about this episode. It felt awkward to me. I did miss 10 minutes, though... :/ I thought a man named something Crapper made the modern toilet. Also, why was Clyde's mom voiced by Trey? Didn't she sound normal in the Crack Baby episode? This isn't answered in the part I missed, right?
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
It's okay, Hydroleaf. It comes back on in two or three hours.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:01 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:22 pm72Chicago, Il
may be first season worthy... but what a start to the new season!! my sides were hurting laughing out loud such stupidity... 9/10! :lol:
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm175in a small dark egg carton
Does anyone remember me? Eh? Anyone? No. Ok
Well I just got back from my flight but I saw this was a Clyde centric episode! Nice! Clyde has always been my favorite secondary character. His dynamic is interesting to me. This show has always started slow so I'm not expecting too much.
Review to come at 12:30 :wink:
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 pm Offline
Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm7
Alright I HAVE to get this off my chest...and please feel free to let me know if you feel the same way.

Does anyone else wonder why in the world the animation looks so crappy in season 15 and now s16? I mean, S13 and 14 was beautiful in terms of the overall lighting of the shots and how bright the characters look. In S15 and 16 it seems like they've taken a step back and tbh the animation looks crappy and dull =/

Anyone else agree with me? Cause I've never seen anyone on here comment about this setback
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
saggyfliptard wrote:
Was it just me, or was this better than the premiere of the 15th season?..

I give it pi times pi. 8)

___

:gaykenny:

Oh, yes. This was much better than HUMANCENTIPAD. i give it a solid 8/10. Clyde as a primary character was great. Butters had it right all along. :lol:
BTW, if you saw Imaginationland on Monday, they leaked a preview for an upcoming SP episode. I believe they spoof "Finding Bigfoot" with Cartman looking for the Chupacabra. Anyone else catch that?
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:20 pm Offline
Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 pm1
I loved the episode. Very good opener for the new season. Oh yeah the name of the toilet guy is very correct. You guys are thinking that Crapper created to toilets, but it was in fact John Harrington who invented to flush-able toilets.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
It was a fine episode, I think. It weakened in the middle, but the opening and ending were strong. It had some great funny moments, and it had some nice development for Clyde. It tackled some interesting issues and while it had some mediocre moments, overall I'd say it was a solid episode and the best season premiere we've had since Season 11, excluding "The Ring". Fun episode.

Totally called Betsy dying. Now she's with Pip, Ms. Choksondik, Ms. Crabtree, sort of Chef, the dead Mayor's Aide...

Interesting Tidbits:
- Martha's name was changed to Betsy and she was voiced by Trey instead of April Stewart.
- Mr. Donovan finally has a name, Roger.
- Clyde has a sister apparently.
- I swear this is the first time we've seen full shots of the hallways in years.
- South Crystal Drive was changed back to Isla Mexicanos, the same street that was given for Kenny's family years back, reinforcing that Stan and Kenny are neighbors despite Stan having formerly been on Bonanza Street
- Even though Kenny's absent after the classroom scene, we can see and hear his dad at the Town Hall meeting.
- I'd say Jimmy's officially a main character now. He tagged along the entire time with Stan, Kyle and Butters.

Quote:
I don't know how to feel about this episode. It felt awkward to me. I did miss 10 minutes, though... :/ I thought a man named something Crapper made the modern toilet. Also, why was Clyde's mom voiced by Trey? Didn't she sound normal in the Crack Baby episode? This isn't answered in the part I missed, right?

She was voiced by April Stewart in every appearance until now, yeah, no explanation.

And you missed the better half of the episode, although considering the ending's spoiled, it's probably not going to seem that great to you either.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:32 pm Offline
Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am28
Such a good episode, I have high hopes for this season!
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:37 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
Much better than humancentipad, though it may have been much funnier and accurate if they had used Thomas Crapper. I also did notice the street thing. Weird, one would think that they had more time than usual for this episode. It would be appreciated if they could work those bugs out.
good, not the best, but good

When is Darth Chef coming back?
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 pm Offline
Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:56 pm1
Somebody please tell me Kenny isn't dead again

Sort by  
Page 2 of 11 163 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next