Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 11 163 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I got a few good laughs out of this one, but the scene with the TSA monitor guy...could have been a bit shorter...

It wasn't a total Harrington, IMO, but it wasn't exactly season-opening material. To be fair, the scenes at the IHOP and with Randy were hilarious. Seat belt on the toilet...HAH!!

But the final scenes...I gotta say that when Harrington appeared and explained everything, I was enjoying that.

6.5/10 overall.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 9:02 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm27
Very funny episode! Waaaaaaay better than Humancentipad
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
triplemultiplex wrote:
The lawyer said the inventor of the toilet was a guy named Thomas, but the Wikipedia-esque site on his computer said "John Harrington."

I hope he meant the modern toilet, 'cause the Romans had toilets too, usually in the baths, but there were a few private toilets.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 9:41 pm Offline
Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:25 pm3
Poor Clyde :( the ending was kinda funny though. Brilliant with the TSA episode and the speech about government taking away our dignity.

Fav quote: "I just need ta check ya asshoe!" :lol:

I literally cried from all the laughing!!!
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Big-Will wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
The lawyer said the inventor of the toilet was a guy named Thomas, but the Wikipedia-esque site on his computer said "John Harrington."

I hope he meant the modern toilet, 'cause the Romans had toilets too, usually in the baths, but there were a few private toilets.

Actually, the inventor of the modern (read: flushable) toilet was Thomas Crapper. Why do you think we call it the crapper?
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 10:10 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
John Harrington did invent the modern flush toilet. He was a writer too. A true Renaissance man, that one. :mrgreen: Thomas Crapper came along almost 300 years later.

Also, here's the Marsh address as it appeared in "Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants"

My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
HEY GUYS, I FOUND CLYDE’S SISTER, whom I am calling Bonnie because HEY, I FOUND HER.

Older girl, college-age it looks.

(Sorry for sh*t quality.)
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:20 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
So first, I'm pretty sure that was a weird Signs reference with the release causing Mrs. Donovan's death. Second, seriously guys, put down the seat. Put down the whole lid if it will make you feel better :roll: (I've never had a problem unless it was dark and I was in a hurry, but it really does suck. I'm seriously.)
I see others have noticed the switch from "Thomas" to "John" and the voice change. Has Trey started taking on all the voice work for females now, too? Kind of odd.
(It was John Harrington, btw, who is credited with the modern flush toilet, also at times referred to as a john. Thomas Crapper, if I recall, popularized and sold the invention.)

saggyfliptard wrote:
Was it just me, or was this better than the premiere of the 15th season?

Anything and everything South Park has ever done is better than the premiere of the 15th season.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:22 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
I'm very middle of the road on this one. Some parts were hillarious, others slow.

Still, best part was the ending with Clyde putting the seat up and flipping his mom off.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
*sigh* I knew it. I had a feeling Clyde's mother dying would be the big thing that enforced toilet laws. That is just too sad and tragic, poor thing's going to have to go on his whole life knowing he killed his mother and it could have been easily prevented.

The idea of the episode was pretty funny but I wasn't lmao and it's not because I have a cough and sore throat. The jokes were just a bit blah. The 'sueance' thing was pretty funny. And always nice to see Jimmy. I didn't like Butters tagging along with Cartman at IHOP. Unnecessary. It's like M&T love them so much they will force them together even if it's unneeded. The TSA was kinda gross and unfunny. I didn't like Gerlald's butt being wiped or the TSA monitor guy. They were too long and they should have tried for something cleverer than dragging a scene along. It was almost uncomfortable to watch.

Nice semi-ending. Being shown the proper way to use a toilet and it's Butters' way the whole time lol. But Clyde flipping his mother off?! So horrible. Your mother frikkin' died! The least you could do was show respect and leave the seat down. I was surprised, M&T sometimes have nice little things in the show.

I am like all the other women out there I am sure- men, leave the seat down AND clean up your pee splatter!! You have no idea how many times I have to see my brother's pee on the seat!! I am so tired of cleaning HIS mess! We have to clean up after you nasty boys already, the last we need to do is clean your pee. Disgusting.

7/10 episode. Sure they will get really into it as the season progresses. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 pm Offline
Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm13
Woohoo for personal liberty and responsibility. And props to Clyde for tossing the seat up and flipping the world off.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
GeminiShamrock wrote:
Why do you think we call it the crapper?

...Why do you think we call it a john?
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:49 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Loved the total TSA-bashing! Had to endure all that airport security BS during my 4+ years of flying back & forth between SF and LA for college (LAX is the WORST airport in the US, Period). If only high speed rail existed back then...

This episode began and ended well. The plot got really twisted and choppy in the middle but that's the way it is when you got a ton of ideas and only 20 minutes of show time. Guess I'm the minority here but I actually think 1501's better. I'll give it a ~6.5.

I don't care for the Clyde character, but as the "generic boy" of the series, the passive role he got suited him well. And looks like it's Jimmy's turn for the "4th boy" role (Butters had his turn at the beginning of Season 15).

Looking forward to the rest of the run! Hopefully the best is yet to come...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:51 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
JVM wrote:
HEY GUYS, I FOUND CLYDE’S SISTER, whom I am calling Bonnie because HEY, I FOUND HER.

Clyde is on the edge of the pew and his dad is to his left. That does not make the person next to his dad his sister. If Clyde only has his dad left, the person next to him is probably a stranger since we've never seen her before. She was not present in Clyde's house.

If she was seated in between Clyde and his dad, then maybe...
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
JVM wrote:

Better quality:

Of course, as Niels said, that doesn't mean she's his sister or Roger's daughter, but on the other hand it doesn't mean she isn't. So far, there's no link between them except their proximity to each other in church, which is just coincidence.
My SP Fan Site.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 11 163 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next