Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 11 163 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 14, 2012 11:53 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
That could as easily be his aunt or cousin as his sister.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 12:03 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Fairly decent season premier I liked the "sue-ance" when the solicitor was talking to that guy who sounded like the boot polisher from Police squad. I found the "correct" way to sit on a toilet quite funny too good season opener and yeah better than hunancetipad.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 12:21 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
I loved the ending..LOL
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 12:30 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Never seen a laundry hole in a bathroom before, lol.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
M00ndragon69 wrote:
I loved the ending..LOL

Me too! I thought that the speech by Clyde's Mom would be the end; but no :o

And I like the way they tied Butter's comments of how he uses the toilet from the beginning of the episode to the ending.

Plus in the beginning, I like how the toilet bowl came up to Clyde's head, which is way above the area needed to pee. Looks like he's too small to use the toilet standing up anyway; should have always been sitting at that height and then there would have been no plot tonight :P
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 12:36 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
He'd just get a stool and put it up against the toilet, then do his business (the stool isn't needed if he's gonna poop, heh. He can just climb up and sit his fat ass down). We just never get to see him do that.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 12:40 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Oh, two more things occur to me atm:

For some reason, I found the two scenes, a week apart, of Cartman cutting his toenails while in PJs on his bed more disturbing then people using the toilet or even the TSA wiping Gerald's ass at the IHOP :?

And why was Cartman already in PJs when the people at the other end of the phone were dressed?

Finally, in the sue-ance, shouldn't all people involved be holding hands? The attorney held Clyde's hand and Jimmy's hand, and Jimmy and Clyde held Stan and Kyle's hands. But the shot of Stan and Kyle showed that they DID NOT hold each other's hands. So the circle to summon the spirits was broken imho.
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 12:52 am Offline
Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:17 pm10
I have to say I give the episode a 3 maybe 4 out of 10. It was boring and jokes repeated over and over. It felt like the show was rushed and they could not or didn't have time to put in a good ending.

I get a TSA riff ep. But the same 3 TSA people were everywhere the restaurant, cartmans house, the marshes house... Then the guy watching and masturbating to it was funny on the first take, not the drawn out for time second one. Also was I the only one who wondered what Cartman was going to do next? They claim he is a terrorist on the news... then Randy is giving a speech about him as a terrorist with Cartman right next to Randy.

Cartmans fight against them should have been the episode and the fake sue-ance should have been left on the floor. Kyle has had a few times where he said suing was bad, like the Sexual Harassment ep and now here he is leading the charge to sue a dead man?

Also the men against the women was done with the Farting ep. And if the woman next to Clydes was maybe his sister... who was the chick next to Garrison?

Maybe I am reading too much into it but it felt like a first draft of an ep not a finale one.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
zzyzx 1 wrote:
For some reason, I found the two scenes, a week apart, of Cartman cutting his toenails while in PJs on his bed more disturbing then people using the toilet or even the TSA wiping Gerald's ass at the IHOP :?

And why was Cartman already in PJs when the people at the other end of the phone were dressed?

Because (I presume) he was supposed to come off as a gossipy teenage girl. They couldn't have him painting his toenails, so he was clipping them instead, and lounging around in pajamas gnawing on candy.

nodakskip wrote:
it but it felt like a first draft of an ep not a finale one.

I hate to break this to you, but... they're all first drafts. Trey Parker has said as much while doing commentary. If they're having a really good week the script might be done a few days before the episode is set to air, and there will be time for some re-writes. Other times, the final act isn't even written before Tuesday, and there's little to no time for a re-write.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:19 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
The Marsh house will always be 2001 Bonanza Street to me. It just sounds cool. And we clearly see '2001' on the house all the time!! I don't see him living next to Kenny either. That was a small thing that happened years ago and since then the Marshes clearly live in another normal middle-class neighborhood. I wish Matt and Trey spent more time on previous details like that. :/

I thought Roger was the name of someone else's father? I know I've heard that name before. Maybe it's Clyde's dad this whole time. And really, when did he get a sister?? He's spent the whole series in 'only child' mode.

I love the look Sharon and Sheila share during the funeral. Sheila is clearly saying 'I have the same problem as you' and Sharon's just glaring at Stan. Naughty boy, doesn't wash his hands and leaves the seat up!! Tut tut. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:23 am Offline
Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:53 am2
triplemultiplex wrote:
I see they fixed the Marsh's address from the preview clip. Yay, canon!

i caught that too. i wonder what led to the swap and how many other ppl noticed. 8)
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:25 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
zzyzx 1 wrote:
why was Cartman already in PJs when the people at the other end of the phone were dressed?

Cartman likes to gloat, and he's very spoiled. Combine the two and you have a boy who's in his PJs clipping his toenails and dishing out gossip.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 am Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
I actually thought the ending was a bit weak since Matt and Trey have routinely delivered a big laugh at the end of the episodes, and I just don't see anyone with a sense of humor doing more than smirking at that. However, I liked the episode quite a bit... mostly the satire on government and how it has become overbearing in the daily life of Americans, almost wiping our asses for us as it were. Great message there.

One of the funniest moments for me had to be Sir Harrington's explanation of proper toilet use and how it validated Butter's theory. I might just give that a try... :lol:
- the word as it came from Jesus
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Stanluv25 wrote:
I thought Roger was the name of someone else's father? I know I've heard that name before. Maybe it's Clyde's dad this whole time.

The only other Roger in the series appeared in "Good Times With Weapons." He was the guy selling the weapons.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Oh i also found the funeral scene funny where she was just dumped in a coffin still in the loo and had make up applied. :lol:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!

Sort by  
Page 4 of 11 163 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next