Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 9 of 11 163 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 17, 2012 4:25 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Oh great, Matt and Trey have joined the millions of other Americans who bitch about airport security. "Waaaah, airport security is so ridiculous! It's so unnecessary that they're trying to save our lives and stop us bringing weapons onto a plane after 2001 when terrorists killed 3000 of our own innocent civilians which we can attribute to poor airport security! Waaaah!"
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 17, 2012 4:30 pm Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
Hey guys -

You fixed the "Thomas" @ 7:22, but missed the one @ 18:15.

I wasn't sure if you were testing me to see if I was paying attention. :wink:
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 17, 2012 8:21 pm Offline
Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm13
Brendle wrote:
Oh great, Matt and Trey have joined the millions of other Americans who bitch about airport security. "Waaaah, airport security is so ridiculous! It's so unnecessary that they're trying to save our lives and stop us bringing weapons onto a plane after 2001 when terrorists killed 3000 of our own innocent civilians which we can attribute to poor airport security! Waaaah!"

You would have a point if any of what TSA does worked...
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 17, 2012 10:43 pm Offline
Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:18 pm1
Really? Guys liked it? Something wrong w/ voices. Felt forced, and not funny at all.
SP has always been untouchable, but this episode reminded me of some of the other big animated shows that crapped out. (Family Guy eg)
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Brendle wrote:

Here your terrorist right here! :cartmanevillaugh: http://youtu.be/YNO-AzPxS4U
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 17, 2012 11:08 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Big-Will wrote:
Brendle wrote:

Here your terrorist right here! :cartmanevillaugh: http://youtu.be/YNO-AzPxS4U

It doesn't matter if they're checking a wheelchaired toddler for bombs. As long as they don't harm him while doing it.

The moment you decide not to check someone for bombs based on their age, gender, ethnicity or some other arbitrary variable, you're introducing bias to the equation.

All these examples people come up with of TSA checking 90 year old women with terminal cancer are irrelevant. EVERYONE should be treated with the same level of suspicion and scrutiny by security. The moment you discriminate people based on age, and the moment you decide not to check an 80 year old, then you may as well not check EVERY single 80 year old. Let all the geriatrics through without being scanned, and see where that gets you.

Waaaah, how ridiculous, we have to take our shoes and belts off! Waaah, we have to stand in line for ten minutes because people are trying to ensure our safety!

I'm not even American, but I went there for a month, flying all over the place, and this is the kind of crybaby behavior I have observed. You Americans actually moan and bitch about safety procedures put in place to protect you. Unbelievable.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Feel free to share that in thie thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45967
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 am Offline
Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 pm3
Brendle wrote:

It's not about airport security it's clearly about the problem in America of people falling into toilets. :)
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 11:15 am Offline
Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 am8
blindguy wrote:
Brendle wrote:

You would have a point if any of what TSA does worked...

This.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 11:49 am Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Brendle wrote:

"Those who give up essential freedoms for temporary security deserve neither." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Although in this case the temporary security part is questionable since people have still been able to smuggle things aboard.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 5:08 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Zazaban wrote:
Brendle wrote:

"Those who give up essential freedoms for temporary security deserve neither." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Although in this case the temporary security part is questionable since people have still been able to smuggle things aboard.

So here's the question: is partial security better than none at all?
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 5:37 pm Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm33
This episode felt like classic SP.
It was culturally relevant and extremely funny (IMO I guess)
I thought every idea and situation in this ep were clever and awesome, and like most SP episodes, had a good mix of a cultural message and toilet humor. I thought that the main message of the episode was that the government is becoming way too overbearing. Forcing us to wear seatbelts and whatnot. It's like the government really wants to wipe our asses for us, (as shown by gerald after he takes a big boy poop :lol: ) when we should make the choice to do these things ourselves.

Did anyone else find it odd that cartman actually came up with the reasonable solution to remove seat belts from the toilets: remove the ability to raise and lower the toilet seat? Instead it was the other men in town who responded illogically, saying they didn't want that because it prevents them from cutting their poo in half with their urine. :lol: is cartman going to become a voice of reason along with Stan and kyle?

My pappy taught me loggin... And his pappy fore him!
Sound Re-Cut for 3/18 Re-Airing? PostSun Mar 18, 2012 8:33 pm Offline
Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:40 pm3
Tonight on the re-airing of Reverse Cowgirl I noticed the sound had been edited. During the scene with the masturbating TSA employee, you can no longer hear beeps when he is pressing the button on the screen to browse through different bathrooms. Also, the sound of him jerking off seeming to be muffled.

I wonder what the reason for the change was...
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 9:07 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
pootycancerXD wrote:
Did anyone else find it odd that cartman actually came up with the reasonable solution to remove seat belts from the toilets: remove the ability to raise and lower the toilet seat? Instead it was the other men in town who responded illogically, saying they didn't want that because it prevents them from cutting their poo in half with their urine. :lol: is cartman going to become a voice of reason along with Stan and kyle?

I'm doubting that Cartman is really turning much of a leaf and joining Stan and Kyle as the sane men. His actions were purely out of self interest as he really likes his alone time on the crapper. It just happens that for once his personal goals were on the side of good. Keep in mind that as he's doing the right thing for once he is also enjoying his calls to his friends to twist events for his own amusement. He's still a selfish little prick and had it not interfered with HIS toilet, he'd have likely applied for the TSA in the hopes of finding dirt on everyone.

It was funny for Cartman to be on the right side for once, but if he stopped being a pint sized monster and more like the others the show would lose a lot of its humor. It was funny this time because it is so rare. If it went on indefinitely it would quickly become stale since there wouldn't be the conflict between him and everyone else.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 18, 2012 10:44 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
After I watched the beginning of the episode, it didn't feel as awkward and uncomfortable. In fact, it was funnier! This episode still felt a little forced, though. Some parts just made me cringe, like the tsa camera guy f*pping to the people for WAY too long or those ghetto security ladies. Those things are funny at first, but I start hoping it will move along after so much exposure. Also, why did Mrs. Donovan have to have that ugly mannish voice? DX Didn't she sound like a woman in other episodes? Overall, okay, I guess. :)

I always look before sitting down. I don't even like the lid to be up when I go to the bathroom. When my family comes from the bathroom and leaves everything up, I get so annoyed! I'm twice as annoyed if they don't flush the pee down. I guess this episode teaches me not to be so whiny about such a small habit, though. It won't kill me, I hope. XD

Sort by  
Page 9 of 11 163 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next