Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 9 135 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
*1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:12 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I'm loving it so far. Where's the Post', nall?
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:14 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I see the initial offer of a 5-layer burrito for the bolo tie changed to a 6-layer burrito, when he then ups to a 7 layer burrito.

Looks like I was wrong about Grandpa Marsh only being the set piece for this one. He's a a big part of the story.

Pretty sure Fatass just paid 3 bucks for a Ring Pop right before the act break.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:23 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
triplemultiplex wrote:
Pretty sure Fatass just paid 3 bucks for a Ring Pop right before the act break.

:lol: So I'm not the only one who thought that. SWEET!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:31 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
HOLY SH*T! HE ACTUALLY KILLED HIMSELF! Wow.

Good episode.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
This episode will be remembered, at least by me, as one of the worst, unfunniest episodes in history.

There must have been 5 whole minutes wasted by just watching the jewelry shopping channel and listening to the announcer, and another 3 minutes watching the supplier business cycle with that horrid tune I can't get out of my head.

1/10
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
I give the episode 9/10 great work. I'm glad he killed himself!!!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:33 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
This episode gets bonus points for that touching moment at the end with Stan and his grandpa. Also, Kenny telling Cartman to shut the f*ck up and that he's a f*cking assh*le was priceless. Everything is 20% funnier when Kenny says it.

But yeah, the Indian a capella tune was annoying. There was no need to show the cycle a second time. I think everyone got the message the first time. With three minutes of episode time remaining for a resolution, time did not need to be wasted on that.

Also, I personally would have preferred for the episode to end with Stan and his grandpa rather than the shopping network guy killing himself. Maybe the order of those scenes could have been reversed.
Last edited by KennyStanWendyFan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:33 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
This episode sucked real hard. The shopping show segments went on way too long and wasn't funny. The plane to India to America back to India segment also lasted too long in my taste. I feel they didn't have any idea on how to do this episode so they just made filler. It also felt incomplete. Maybe I missed something but did Cartman give up the jewelry thing in the end? Who cares the episode sucked!

2/10
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:35 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
6.0/10
Pretty funny episode at first, I liked the Cartman "Fucked" jokes returning and the on-air suicide of the J&G Network guy. Just thought the other kids to get a little more. Also, the J&G price changes were also hilarious. Sadly, the stupid lazy ass cycle sequence ruined the episode.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Last edited by nwt000 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Oh that montage of the jewelry going back and forth between America and India was absolutely brilliant. And that dorky little song that Matt & Trey were singing was icing on the cake.

Nice touch having all the workers in India being kids. But the question of who's to blame for this exploitative cycle rests squarely with the retailers, in my opinion. They're the one's doing the largest markup.

Fatass was just kind of left hanging in India. He really didn't get some consequences for ripping people off. But the Jewelry TV guy offing himself at the end made up for that.

Good stuff. Glad to know the guys also think jewelry is dumb. I've been saying that for years.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
The TV network parody is the real deal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vijr7PC5d-M
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:48 pm Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
I almost forgot about new South Park tonight. Good thing I remembered at the last minute. This was a funny one. :D
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:50 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Okay, so when it came down to it, I did enjoy this episode.

The way they spoofed the shopping channels is just part of it, though. I got a laugh out of some of the names they were giving the so-called jewelry and all, but the way Stan was all deadpan serious with the whole "Kill yourself" line was great, too.

My only gripe is that now, I'll have that song in my head for days...at least, up until next week's show...and even there, I was laughing away.

Was that supposed to be any song in particular? At first, I thought it was a version of "Working in a Coal Mine," but the chord patterns would be different here.

Butters has some mad sign-flipping skillz, man! :lol:

7/10
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
I can't believe ppl don't like this episode, it was ten times better than the last. I do agreed that India to america cycle shouldn't have been repeated, but besides that, this episode nailed the whole idea! They did the same thing last week with the TSA. Overdone and exaggerated is the way to go! I especially liked the Stan and Grandpa moments, although I wished for once grandpa marsh said Stan's name. I'm glad Stan got so much air-time. The word f*ck was used awesomely and finally Kenny says something important. Good work M&T, keep it up! I actually think this episode was a spacer episode!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 9 135 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next