Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 9 135 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:52 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
RichardV1150 wrote:
I can't believe ppl don't like this episode, it was ten times better than the last. I do agreed that India to america cycle shouldn't have been repeated, but besides that, this episode nailed the whole idea! They did the same thing last week with the TSA. Overdone and exaggerated is the way to go! I especially liked the Stan and Grandpa moments, although I wished for once grandpa marsh said Stan's name. I'm glad Stan got so much air-time. The word f*ck was used awesomely and finally Kenny says something important. Good work M&T, keep it up! I actually think this episode was a spacer episode!

He did.

"Who's Stan?"

:lol:
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:53 pm Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm33
Quote:
I feel they didn't have any idea on how to do this episode so they just made filler.

I thought that the filler was part of what made it funny. The episode portrayed those home shopping networks extremely well I thought. It wasnt the funniest episode but it had quite a few hilarious scenes. I loved the stupid little song matt and Trey sang during the jewelry distribution scene :lol: and all the old people callin throughout the episode was hilarious. Not as great as reverse cowgirl IMO but still good.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 pm Offline
Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:50 pm16
This episode was good. I loved so many parts. 8/10 for me. I'm surprised they didn't use this idea sooner.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:04 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
This gets a 10/10 just for the perfect parody of Jewelry Extravaganza with Mike and the Cash For Gold joints on every corner in weaker cities.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:10 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I feel so slow; the pre-air hadn't been locked yet, so I assumed a post-air hadn't been created yet. -_- I liked this episode better than Reverse Cowgirl. I agree some parts felt like filler and the time could have been used for other purposes in the episode, but it was still a funny, nice episode. Some parts made me want to yell, "HURRY THE HECK UP ALREADY; You only have less than 30 minutes, and you're using it for this?! GAH!! :tweek:" but the next seen would always make me smile and get over it. My head kinda hurts from the pressure, though. :( Kenny speaking was also great.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
paperwriter wrote:
This episode was good. I loved so many parts. 8/10 for me. I'm surprised they didn't use this idea sooner.

They did. Early in the series, I can't remember when, Cartman was watching the cutlery corner channel. He bought a Samurai sword with "a dragon right on the blade, did you hear that, right on the blade." I have watched the actual cutlery corner channel and it is hilarious.

Good job on the episode, I think they used "f*ck" a little too much and I dislike the reiteration on cycle, but it was quite good. Being a watcher(but not a customer. It to me is purely comic relief) of those shopping channels, I thought it was hilarious.

7.87634864254 out of ten.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:38 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm27
Meh. Nothing special. Better than the worst episodes of last season. Good satire but not LOL material. Wasted segment by not mentioning Manning at all! Oh well
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I honestly can't blame anyone who didn't like the episode...

but I really enjoyed it myself! It wasn't that funny, but it was a really touching episode - and even though SP is a comedy, it's the emotional and serious episodes that get me more than the silly ones. Grandpa's scenes were pretty heartbreaking and he's mellow, but we can see he's still Marvin Marsh. The ending was weird but funny.

Stanluv, I owe you an apology! Grandpa is in a Retirement Home after all.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:59 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
I thought the episode wasn't genius. It wasn't well thought genius, it was simple jokes, and funny enough, I tell people to kill themselves for sucking at Call of Duty. Now I get to quote SP in my trolling.

The guy killing himself at the end was priceless. It's one thing to have fans laughing, but my mother, who was listening to the episode, was in hysterics. She usually hates everything. This was a big win.

10/10
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm14
Great episode!

I like it when Matt and Trey are stark in their criticisms of BS like this.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 pm Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
Did that Oscar say anything? I'm like far away from this TV, to read anything. I was wondering if it said "The Artist" or something.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm14
Hayley B wrote:
Did that Oscar say anything? I'm like far away from this TV, to read anything. I was wondering if it said "The Artist" or something.

Yeah it says "Best Actor Sean Penn in Milk".
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 9:46 pm Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
kengc wrote:
Hayley B wrote:

Yeah it says "Best Actor Sean Penn in Milk".

:lol: lol & thank you. :)
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Hayley B wrote:

I read the words "Sean Penn Milk" wrote on that.

Wow this episode made me feel quite emotional in places, my grandad had alzheimer's so that part reminded me of him. Good old Stan giving that host some home truths, nice to see Kenny being with Stan & Kyle in this.

Kyle telling Kenny to tell Cartman to shut up made me chuckle as did the noise the oscar made as it got melted down great ending and a great episode.

10/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 pm Offline
Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 pm1
I think you guys are crazy. That was the best episode I've seen in years. Stan telling the guy to kill himself was hilarious and Trey's old lady voice at the end had me in tears.

I haven't laughed like that in a long time. Thank you Matt and Trey, Science bless you!

Sort by  
Page 2 of 9 135 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next