Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 9 135 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
I have to agree that Stan's deadpan "go kill yourself" rant was probably worth the episode alone. It's not often that Stan gets caught up in the moral issues (unless animals are involved) and made it that much funnier when the old folks follow suit.

The grandfather Marsh segments were actually quite touching and a far cry from the really black humor of the rest of the episode. I think the style of humor here is going to make this one love it or hate it for many.

Honestly the biggest flaw with this episode, and it's a big one was the lack of resolution for the Cartman get rich scheme. It almost seems like the episode ran out of steam or they ran out of time to write a conclusion to it, but it took the steam out of his entire B plot. Rather than repeat the gold economic cycle that minute or so should have been spent having something happen to Cartman's business. It was just sloppy writing in an otherwise solid, if not mean spirited, episode.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 pm Offline
Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 pm1
i missed it :( when will it be up on the site? its 2am where im at
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 pm Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I lost interest in this episode at the overly long drawn out segments of the Jewelry network. If that wasn't bad enough (and it was), watching the business cycle between the USA and India was probably the weakest moment ever in South Park history.

Now I wish I was the one that got the anal probe.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 pm Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:36 am14Amongst Rednecks
The only time I laughed was when Cartman told the old woman on the phone that he had to go wash the taste of old woman dick out of his mouth. 1/10
Not only have I wasted your time with the comment above, but I managed to piss you off simultaneously. You need more control over your own life.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 pm Offline
Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:25 pm4
Okay, where can I get that song from the cycle...
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 11:21 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
WOW, fantastic episode tonight. Sure I was already happy it was about Stan, but it was so funny. And that's what it comes down to, the story. Grandpa handing him the bolo was a funny and cute scene. Just the Marshes being themselves. Then Cartman's comments on the bolo. The boys trying to find it's worth and there being a cash 4 gold right next to another cash 4 gold! Then Taco Bell of all places buys gold?! :lol: Loved how Cartman's story was small but what he did was hilarious. Everyone trying to find fault with the whole jewelry trade business was so funny. Stan telling the seller to kill himself... omg... that was gold right there. First I was like 'okay, haha, just another kill yourself joke.' But Stan was serious, he honestly wanted the man to die. :lol:
The story how Grandpa has Alzheimer's was bittersweet as my grandmother had it too so I know the feeling.

The boys traveling to India so easily- omg. lol. Then pretty much how everything is related and resold to everyone and it's a cycle that does not end. That music was pretty cool too.

Then the end. So sweet for Stan to give Grandpa a pic of his dog to remember. And of course callers finally pressuring the jewelry sell man to shoot himself. And roll credits. :lol: :lol:

Was very impressed. They're going to have to really work their magic next week to top this. 10/10 right now, there really wasn't anything for me to complain about at all.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 11:45 pm Offline
Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:23 pm3
God, not having Eric's scheme's resolution is just really annoying for me. Of course, he won't be going for a Cash for Gold business next episode, but damn, why?, because he's a pussy about the old people threatening the TV networks by phone?, he just thinks everyone just f*cks him when he tries to buy cheap jewelry?...It could have been answered if the goddamn scene of India to USA wasn't so unnecesarily long, and God, the music, the music, it got stuck on my head now and I don't f*cking like it at all, it makes me have a headache. This is the first time I don't wanna see 2 times an episode after it airs, because for me it was just....It was good satire, but it didn't make laugh. Okay, the only things that made me laugh were Stan's and the old people's threats, but that was just such a tiny part of the episode. Even Eric's part wasn't that funny this time... He's my favorite character, but I think he would've had a better dialogue. They kinda made him lean on his f*ck jokes from HumancentiPad.

I'm going to think that this episode wasn't funny for me because I don't have those kind of channels here on Chile. We do have other products network channels wich are a little alike, but well. I don't wanna get dissapointed because I love Trey and Matt.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Dang, this whole episode is such a broken record. Here's just some of the reasons why:

- First off, too many scenes of the simulated jewelry networks. Sure, there's funny stuff in there, but it got old fast. At least that guy did blow his brains out at the end. He deserved it.
- Sure, Cartman started his own venture to make things more interesting, but it's just a schoolyard-level copy of the whole cash-4-gold deal (not to mention that subplot totally fizzed out once it hit India).
- Stan's investigation ended up practically pointless because the whole deal is just a cycle that drops you right back at square one, so no headless-chicken-on-a-dartboard type of funny capper to resolve it.
- And the visual cash/gold cycle run-through? Totally pointless. Anyone who watched the episode up to that point would have figured the whole cycle out on their own. And they ran it through TWICE! Pfft...

Stan's interaction with Grandpa Marsh was really well-done though. It's so heartwarming to see that deep down inside, Stan really cares for his grandpa, a senile guy that just calls him Billy, and nothing else. THAT should have been the main focus of the episode, not all that repetitive cash/gold fluff.

Dude, can we just get some more character-interaction or cliche-idea episodes? Less explanation, so more time for the jokes and the funny details. M&T has talked about doing this more since Cartmanland. When will they finally APPLY this lesson?!

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
JerWu17 wrote:
Stan's interaction with Grandpa Marsh was really well-done though. It's so heartwarming to see that deep down inside, Stan really cares for his grandpa, a senile guy that just calls him Billy, and nothing else. THAT should have been the main focus of the episode, not all that repetitive cash/gold fluff.

Check out season 1's Death.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 am Offline
Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:06 am8
Was a funny episode
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 3:55 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Cartman was his pathetically unfunny, usual self. Not only were the jokes about getting f*cked juvenile and terrible, but they were RE-HASHED from the Humancentipad episode.

Yes, we get it. Cartman is making a pun on the word "f*ck." How horribly immature.

Then, as always, Trey just chucks Butters with Cartman for NO reason. He seems obsessed with pairing those two with each other because apparently it always results in hilarity because polar opposites = funny. No, they're really not funny as a comedic duo. It's not working.

I don't even understand much about gold and jewels and the business side of things, so I can't comment on the validity of their commentary. I can say that barely any of this sh*t made me laugh, though. Ah well, at least they're being themselves and speaking their minds. It's what makes this show unique. They never compromise.

I enjoyed Stan telling the guy to kill himself. As another user said, the "dead-pan" delivery was something else. The final scene was also hilarious.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Border collie named Patches PostThu Mar 22, 2012 4:06 am Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
This past Feb. My parents called me to ask me to help put their dead dong in the car and drive to the Vets. to be buried or cremated or whatever.

It was a 112 pound border Collie....named Patches
No sh*t. I am really creeped out right now.

I didnt know where to put this thread so I just put it here.

I guess there is no need for anyone to respond .
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Need to watch it a couple more times to get a true read, but I wasn't that thrilled with this one, would give it a 4/10. Some nice moments between Grampa Marsh and little Billy, but a little too much focus on the shopping network.

I would love it if all people who call in to those shows would request the host kill themselves though, I hate shopping networks with a passion. Just didn't want so many minutes of the show to be taken away from the regular characters though.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
A good episode, but not one of the great ones. The scenes with Stan & Grandpa were bittersweet/funny, very funny at times, alittle sad at times. Kenny telling Eric to STFU was great and delivered at right moment. The way Stan told the jewelry sales guy to kill himself was great, but it got over played at the end when the old people were telling him. There were parts that just kinda dragged on and on. (ie. the jewelry cycle). Eric's plot B resolution at the Asian cash for gold store could have been better. As good as M&T are at writing South Park, this episode felt like it just ran out steam in places. Like they were trying to fill a 23 min time slot with 20 min worth of story. Never the less it still gets a 7 of 10 rating from me.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I almost forgot, it's nice to see that Jenny Simons seems to have to survived last seasons cupcake incident. You can see her in the back ground talking to some girls at recess while Eric and Butters are doing the cash for gold sales pitch.
(well at least it kind of looks like her.)

Sort by  
Page 3 of 9 135 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next