Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 9 135 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 1:54 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls wrote:
Really good in the beginning, kinda meh towards the end.

What I don't get is why all of the sudden the old people want the guy to kill himself?

Stan said it pretty clearly - "I just read that the day shopping networks make most of their money is on the day seniors pick up Social Security checks? Kill yourself." - and it apparently takes a while longer to piss off old people than it does to piss off their grandkids. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 2:06 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Derp, I didn't think of that. I guess I didn't think the old people had it in them to figure out the episode's lesson on their own. :P
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Derp, I didn't think of that. I guess I didn't think the old people had it in them to figure out the episode's lesson on their own. :P

They were all watching when Stan called-in, so they got it from him.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 2:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Zazaban wrote:

I know. What I'm saying is I didn't think they were able to actually think about what Stan said. South Park adults aren't exactly known for their ability to absorb the sane things the Boys spout.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Zazaban wrote:

I know. What I'm saying is I didn't think they were able to actually think about what Stan said. South Park adults aren't exactly known for their ability to absorb the sane things the Boys spout.

True. I guess the elderly of South Park are sharper than their children's generation.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 2:50 pm Offline
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm182
This one was better than last week episode; that's for sure. I absolutely enjoy Stan threaten that guy over the phone, requiring him to kill himself :lol: he was so blatant, in my opinion. It was nice to see Grandpa Marsh again. I was really glad that they didn't kill him off. He's a great character.

Cartman's gem channel was awesome! My favorite part when he told that old lady if she likes to f**k little boys and arguing with those Asians ladies at the jewel store.

The Cash for Gold montage was pretty hilarious when they reveal the secret formula of gems and golds multiple times. I really enjoy Stan having a major role in this. He was so badass :lol: overall, I like this episode and I'll give it a 10/10.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 3:39 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
Ironically, I thought last episode was better. This episode was funny at times, but I kinda always thought that eventually he would kill himself. Kinda cool though that the woman said "that would look nice on your dead body!" :lol:

Love the f*ck Mi f*ck Yu..bring me back to Austin Powers :P

lol. Melting Sean Penn's Oscar....I don't think he ever got it, perhaps that is why it was selling so cheap :wink:

Cash 4 Gold/those home shopping networks...all they want is money, and right, they screw the old people who fall for it. So it brings up a valued point. Nice to see grandpa in this episode. Somehow I wished there was more Carman/Butters screwed up sh*t but maybe another episode.

Edit: Grandpa telling Stan his bowtie was "gay as f*ck" after he brought it :lol: :o

6.6/10
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 3:58 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Too much satire material. I wished M&T stopped making so much satire. Overall, not as good as last week. 5/10.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm Offline
Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:43 am5
loved it, but watching grandpa marsh forget how old his granddaughter was and what his dog looked like kinda bummed me out...
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 5:03 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
The moments were stretched yeah. The montage definitely didn't need a repeat cycle, and the shopping channel scenes are a bit long. I don't think it broke the episode or was filler - I just think M&T thought the material was genuinely funny, whether it was or wasn't.

Also, it just me or was one of the grandmothers in the final montage look a lot like Craig's grandma?
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Cash For Gold and the heart of South Park PostThu Mar 22, 2012 6:54 pm Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 pm16
Firstly apologies if there is already a thread on this but I searched and could not find one. I just want to give a virtual thumbs-up to Trey & Matt as this episode, for me, recaptures the heart of the show. It could easily sit within the first few seasons and I was actually questioning if it had been done before. I streamed it early AM while flatmates were sleeping and I could not hold it in - I had to LOL at least 3x! I love you guys but that probably hasn't happened since Laslie wanted to give store credit as a resolve for Kyle's ordeal in HUMANCENTiPAD... and that was a long-ass time ago :) Anyhoo, I look forward to seeing more episodes. Kudos also for enabling fans to stream them here. The greedy cable companie$ -not- Comedy Central can suck on my salty chocolate balls. Oh snap! I read somewhere that Lou Rawls was a candidate for Chef. Not to go completely backwards but I dearly miss that cultural interplay and Isaac was a complete riot - I could almost hear him laughing as he portrayed Chef in song. Now it's just Token and his Cosby-esque family... maybe they have some crazed relatives that can stop by South Park for a spell??
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:08 pm Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:13 pm3
(i started an account so i cant comment on this lol) I always say "ok thats my new favorite episode" but this one raises that bar! if the whole episode was the shopping network i would of still loved it, the were DEAD ON when displaying those shows down to the small hand movements to showcase the product, so right off the bat that was great. of course they had to hit soft spots with the whole stans grandpa not remembering his old dog so thanks for that little real moment jerks lol. when it comes to the message of the episode (or what i think the message is) is besides for the obvious that these shopping channels do exploit older people (which i have seen for myself but always thought it was just that old people were just bored which is also true) but when they pointed out that they have to pay 2 bucks per call i thought hmmm...are they telling the fans to call these networks up and of course not say kill yourself but just to clog up their phone lines so it costs them more money. first thing me and my friends thought when it was over is that south park fans would do that lol. but enough the meanings and all that and lets all love the fact that it was kind of all a fart joke with all the rhymes hahaha. so bottom line uh.....great episode, cant wait til next week lol
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:12 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
I feel like I missed something. It had it's funny moments and used most of the cast. I don't know if this was based on a movie or something? I don't know what the montage was supposed to show me though the beatbox is stuck in my head. Who does profit off the gold? Was this saying anything? i don't see the point of this episode, felt like it had one.

Quote:
I guess the elderly of South Park are sharper than their children's generation.

They did take over the town in grey dawn!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 8:12 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm175in a small dark egg carton
Just watched... and it ok not great not bad ok.

The strecthed out montage and jewerey scenes were halarious though. i tend to laugh like an idiot when shows make things unessasarily long.
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 22, 2012 8:51 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Watched it two more times. 4/10 tops, it's not one of the better episodes they've made. Right now I'm feeling like it will be a long time before I'm interested in watching this one again.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 9 135 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next