Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 9 135 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 am Offline
Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:47 am7
I'm really f*ckin loving this ep.

I was a bit concerned after Reverse Cowgirl (season openers are usually homeruns but that one felt lacking). However this ep has made up for it.

The mannerisms Trey gives the shopping channel host is spot on and hilarious. Maybe it helps that I had an ex whose mother watched home shopping constantly.

I'm sober and still howling at this episode. The boys still got it!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 25, 2012 7:28 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
I liked it! I had to watch it with the sound almost off but from what I could gather it was pretty good.

That "he who smelt it, dealt it" dialogue was funny to me because it was so random and stupid, it was funny. ;p And the context they were using it in made it extra funny.

I feel bad for Stan's grandpa now. I always did but now I feel extra bad. Poor old guy. That part in the beginning where Randy was trying to make them all leave was hilarious. It really is unpleasant to be standing around in nursing homes. :/ It's sad and depressing and makes you almost pass out from not wanting to breathe.

I have a question though, and for some reason I don't recall ever really wondering this before, but why is Stan's grandpa so darn old? :/ I was way older than Stan by the time my GREAT grandparents got that old. Hm.
I don't have a signature
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 25, 2012 9:52 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Maybe he got a late start at a family life or something. Unless maybe he's his Great-grandpa. I will say it's interesting to see him not in his wheelchair and sitting with his legs uncovered for once.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 25, 2012 10:01 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Well, if Randy is in his late '30s or early 40's, and grandpa is over 100, then grandpa became a father at age 60 :o
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 25, 2012 11:03 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Well, on the second rewatch, I would classify this episode as quietly funny. It's kind of like Goobacks; it's not huge on the belly laughs, but there's some amusing stuff in there. I'd rate it somewhere middle of the road and say this was an episode that could have benefited from a couple re-writes to make sure it all came together cohesively. The b-plot of Cartman's business should have either been slightly expanded or dropped entirely, because the two plots didn't really hang together all that well, despite being about the same thing. (Example: I think it would have been really funny if they had shown multiple jewelry shows at the end with a bunch of people calling and saying "kill yourself," and if one of them had been Cartman, he could have thrown up his hands and said "screw you guys!" and it would have wrapped up his storyline nicely while tying the two storylines together.) I'm also surprised they didn't have a quick scene of Cartman convincing Butters to help him, but maybe they feel like they've done that enough.

Anyway, so far I think the season is off to a mediocre start. Nothing terrible (terrible is fairly rare, for South Park) but nothing I'd call brilliant. Nothing I want to just watch over and over again, which is how I felt about much of last season (except for that one episode that was terrible.)

triplemultiplex wrote:
Seven weeks of a stream of consciousness from Matt & Trey's brains to your boob tube.
(Ha! There's no tubes in TV's anymore!)

You know, I was just thinking yesterday that people ten years younger than me are going to wonder how the hell TV got the nickname "boob tube."
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I feel bad for Grandpa. Looks like he lives in a sh*tty complex. Bad carpet and the only thing he has is a TV and bed. There didn't seem to be a bathroom or anything else in that room.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 am Offline
Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:43 am1
Cash For Gold deserves an Emmy nomination. Good work Trey, Matt, and crew!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 26, 2012 5:15 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Well, if Randy is in his late '30s or early 40's, and grandpa is over 100, then grandpa became a father at age 60 :o

:/ So did David Letterman. Well nearly so anyway.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 26, 2012 6:48 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Makes me wonder how old Stan's grandma is. I don't think she is quite 100 yet. She was up and looked fine in You Have 0 Friends. She must have been released from the hospital after the famous 'Stan! Poke your grandma!'. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 26, 2012 8:02 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
zzyzx 1 earlier in this thread wrote:
Last week was pi day; a rating for this episode of 3.14/10 is too much. I won't insult this idea with a 1/10 so for the first time ever this episode gets no rating from me. I pass.

Well, after seeing the episode several times, and getting a 300/300 on the South Park Pop Quiz Game for this episode, I'm sorry everyone - my rating is the same: no rating :|
cash for gold PostTue Mar 27, 2012 5:44 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 pm2
:santa: the boys have redeemed themselves with this one!!!!! Best episode in a long time :parishilton: gracias amigos
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:40 am1
this episode was awesome. I did not see any of the trailers or teasers for it, I also saw it online a few days after it aired. I thought it was one of the funniest episodes simply because of the song the plays during the cycle of crappy jewlery. the prgression is too funny that i cant stop laughing at it iterally out loud. ive seen it maybe 6 times by now.
Not only did they once again make me laugh, they still happend to throw in some good in deep, eomtional story line in the spisode as well. Way to go, keep it up.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 pm Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Not sure why it took me this long to post... I actually watched the episode not long after it was on the site, and I really enjoyed this one. As noted by others the scenes linking all the components of the jewelry trade stood out. I was one of those laughing at that point... in fact I probably laughed more than I have at anything in a South Park episode for a quite a while. The purely vocal number performed fit perfectly in there. Anyone saying the scenes with the Shopping Network host were too drawn out or not funny have clearly never watched those shows and prank called them, lmao. Matt and Trey were dead on with who they targeted this week. My only complaint would be that perhaps there should be more emphasis on personal responsibility and the true fault that lies in those who neglect their elderly relatives and then act surprised about poor choices made by the senior. All in all good stuff though. I don't think I tend to give ratings but this one would land somewhere around 9/10
PostWed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 pm Offline
Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm0
That guy deserved it at the end.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 11:40 am Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
I'm shocked by how many people love this episode. When I first watched it I thought it kinda sucked. I watched it a 2nd time and thought it was decent....my rating isn't going any higher than that.

For half of the time the episode was a bit boring. The only parts I enjoyed was the moments with Cartman, Stan and his grandpa and the ending. The rest of it I don't care for.

I was pretty disappointed.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob

Sort by  
Page 8 of 9 135 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next