Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 11 157 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
old long johnson.

Was i the only one who was expecting Kenny to die while Memeing?

Tebowing was great, and Stan doing the ass drag was hillarious, Kyle and Cartman getting along was hillarious as pretty cute.

Good episode overall
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 9:12 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I was trying SO HARD not to laugh too loudly because the others here are asleep, but that ep was too fxxking funny!

I agree that the whole thing with the train deaths could have been a reference to the asdf "I Like Trains" meme, just like the "cat breading" could have been M&T's answer to the Nyan Cat. The whole cross-referencing thing is one of the reasons I love shows like South Park, et al, in the first place!

And it was fun seeing Mr. Kitty back in action.

As for Butters...I was waiting for him to ask "Can I go now?" with his mouth full. Poor guy.

I may actually go higher than 10/10, as it's been a while since I've last done it. So far, we have our winner for the season!
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 9:33 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Niels0827 wrote:
JVM wrote:
neither Rick Rolling nor LOL cats were referenced.

The whole idea is that cats ARE a meme. I'm pretty sure they knew this. It started with LOLcats, then grew to include anything pertaining to cats. My friend Trevor posts something cat-related to my Facebook wall at least every other day. I even read a news article about how the internet was "dominated" by cats. I'm a huge cat lover, so it works for me.

In Soviet Russia, South Park watches you.

In context, in context - I was contrasting my original predictions with the final product. My initial prediction was LOL cats and they never directly referenced them. While the same basic spoof was there, I was still wrong by technicality.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 9:45 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
This episode was not what i was expecting, in my mind i thought it was going to be an epic 3 parter like Imaginationland was.

But this was just a great episode boys being boys nice to see Cartman and Kyle get along with no argueing I really liked how the four main boys were altogether and that Stan and Kenny thought Faith Hilling was starting to lose its appeal. Cartman and Kyle shared a moment being sad about losing the meme . I just liked the fact they were all just acting like friends.

so yeah good episode imo

9/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 9:49 pm Offline
Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:11 pm25Los Angeles
Great episode! And oh so spot-on in describing what campaigning politicians are basically saying; nothing. Very correct of them to leave Ron Paul off that stage at the end; I may not share his vision of a Randian Utopia god bless 'im, but he's the only one with any semblance of real integrity.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 pm Offline
Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 pm2
I thought the play on memes was pretty spot on. Love the throwback to "The F word" and who doesn't love BAD MISTUH KITTAH!. Last week's episode has the edge, but I'd say it was pretty good. 6.5/10

Anyone who thinks that butters would actually kill himself is out of their mind.

So far the season has been pretty spot on. Again, well done boys.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 10:14 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm8
Planking, Owling and now Faith Hilling haha! wait they forgot Batmaning!!!!!
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm1
About what time do you think the new episode will be on the site?
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 10:25 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
I wonder if the return of the Mr. Kitty catchphrase was sort of a meta-joke. After all, reciting South Park catchphrases was basically a stupid meme of the late 90s.
HAcoreRD wrote:
Was i the only one who was expecting Kenny to die while Memeing?
I was, too!
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Bwahahahahahahaha!!! :lol:

Seriously, this was great. The commentary on the election blends perfectly with internet memes... And for some reason, Cartman holding Kyle back and saying "It's okay, man" was hysterically funny, as was seeing that talking cat over and over. I remember that cat from when it was a viral meme :wink:

And they included the football-to-the-tune-of-Joan Jett song that was so offensive to me, what with how awesome the original song is and how lame it was to use that way... Sorry, I digress. I'm still not sure if that means they also found it offensive, but it made me laugh.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Last edited by NeuroHeart on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Wow, NOTHING like I was expecting. A whole lot better than I originally had thought. 5 min in I could tell it would be a silly episode and a fun one and I was so relieved. So happy there was very little with the political stuff as I don't get that kind of thing at all. I had a feeling cats were going to be the 'evolving race.' So silly for everyone to think they were evolving but that's the adults in SP for you. I like how the boys were trying to 'Faith Hill' even though it was old news. Then all the other crazy 'fads' that came after. It was nice to see Kenny speak. I lmao whenever someone was hit by a train! In such stupid ways too! The way they stand there and scream but didn't move. :lol: Makes sense Stan went with the new memes but I don't know why Cartman and Kyle went together... those two on the same side makes me very uncomfortable.
Funny how they combined memes too. And the end when the boys bring back Faith Hilling again. I know there is more to recap but for now-

8/10 for me. Pleasantly surprised. Very good episode. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Every major character was used, and kept in personality. The running gag about fake hilling was used well. The show was self-referential to an appropriate degree (the pandering part, how the show made memes). The candidates were used well. The cat side plot was the weakest part - cats online are so 2003! Cartman and kyle teaming up and the group splitting, kenny talking, all good. There weren't many overly long gags except the "human ambasador." The fake hilling train splat running gag was ok because they changed it up each time. Oddly accurate description of memes too. Nice pronunciation of homosexual! Seeinc Cartman actually learn something outside the clinic was cool - and then in character later.

I like this episode. Not that funny but good show none the less.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
INITIAL IMPRESSION (after 9PM viewing)
Terrible episode - nothing fit together at all, the ending barely made any sense, just a ton of wasted potential.

--

REVISED IMPRESSION (after second online viewing)
Mediocre to fair episode. A lot of it makes sense in retrospect with the ending in mind. I still find the late introduction of the cats plot really doesn't mix well with the rest of the episode. I would've removed the most of the 'Olong Johnson' cat questioning stuff primarily. Not nearly as bad as I thought, but not a great episode.

BEST BITS:
- Reporting
- Stan and Kenny's dissenting.
- Kyle and Cartman's little moment
- Mr. Kitty ("No Kitty, that's a bad Kitty!" came back)

WORST BITS:
- Most of the memes themselves were unfunny to me (I wish they would've used more REAL memes)
- the cats subplot (Amusing but didn't fit well IMO)
- too many news segments

CAN'T DECIDE:
- Presidential hopefuls (very mixed on this. Kind of wish we'd gotten a little more out of that)
- Butters (Stupid, and yet still kind of funny.)

PERSONAL NITPICKS:
- Getting really sick of random nameless one-off characters
- where the hell are the normal adults? (School staff, families, etc.)
- the splitting up the boys idea was really wasted here
- I would've swapped out Catbreading for general LOL cats

RANDOM NOTES:
- Newt Gingrich's character model looks a lot like Ted Kennedy's from "Dead Celebrities"
- The computer has been moved to Liane's room.
- Kitty seems to have his/her own room.
- Red Cap, Brimmy, Fosse, Terrance, Jason, Tommy, Curly, Sally, and Francis are among the kids in the Meme classroom; Timmy is missing.
- "Old Folks' Home" seems kind of funny considering last week's episode.

FINAL SCORE:
5.5/10
Fair ideas, but it didn't all fit together.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Absolutely LOVED M&T's bashing of the non-Paul Republican candidates! Equating their verbal BS with the intelligence level of the "oh long Johnson" cat was dead spot on. If mouth-crapping a-la Red Hot Catholic is a meme, those three guys would be masters at it.

M&T might have started a new meme thanks to Butters. How long will it be until we hear about someone dying from this? :mrgreen:

Agreed with JVM about too much one-off random characters. Instead of these 4 other random kids, they should have used Craig's gang. Imagine Jimmy Taylor Swifting!

They totally blew the ultimate chance to kill Kenny...

One small tidbit: The animated trains look just like the GE P40/P42 diesel locomotives Amtrak currently use. It would have been SO fitting if that last train had mowed down the three candidates as well, considering how anti-Amtrak (and anti-mass transit) the Republicans are.

-----

The Season 16 episodes thus far feel REALLY different from past seasons. The jokes/parodies/satires are funnier, but the overall story plots are weaker and more disjointed than before. I've given up rating them on the 0-10 scale because they all have parts that are awesome, but also parts that are really lame.

Maybe M&T has so much beef against the TSA/jewelry channels/memes/non-Paul R-candidates that they are purposefully sacrificing plot-design to focus on highlighting how lame each of these things are. Or maybe this is a new direction for South Park: More satire, less plot. Or...M&T's getting old and starting to rape their own characters... :chaos:

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ Omg it would have been hilarious to see Jimmy dragging his ass on the ground! :lol: I just think M&T are simply creating shows they think are funny. Not trying to focus more or less on jokes and plot. Just simply writing what they want. I think we all by now there's no point looking for deeper meaning in SP. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 11 157 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next