Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Stanluv25 wrote:
I just think M&T are simply creating shows they think are funny. Not trying to focus more or less on jokes and plot. Just simply writing what they want. I think we all by now there's no point looking for deeper meaning in SP. :roll:

"You're Getting Old" and "Ass Burgers" would like to have a word with you.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 2:46 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Epic episode. :lol: Loved this one so much!
Best EP of this season so far.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 3:04 am Offline
Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:50 am1
lol: favorite ep of the new season so far. not sure if message was more about eventual evolution of other species or just stupidity of humans with the whole planking craze and stuff. kinda drunk when wrote this. give creds to idiocracy for being not just a comedy but a prophecy. all the same loved it.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 3:31 am Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
you people have NO idea what i thought this thing was about! the whole show episode, i was like. this is going to be a religious epp (do not ask why i had that idea)

but...

it was funny
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 5:18 am Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
One of my least fav' episodes ever.
Maybe my least fav' PERIOD ! ever. Maybe #1 on my suck list.
...Time will tell.

Not every episode can be a home run. I dont expect them to be.
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
raidpirate52 wrote:
Okay...they're not trying anymore. It was better than last week but jeez. 6/10

Agreed, another lazy effort.

4.5/10, starting to feel like this is headed in to Simpsons territory.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 am Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 pm16
This will undoubtedly be my least favorite episode of this season. I chuckled with the cat "ARRESTED" news bulletin and Cartman yawning after seeing that boring-ass film but that was it. Cartman's yawning and Kenny nearly abandoning the group were almost like Trey & Matt were spoofing the episode as they knew it would not click with everyone. I don't care for politics and I definitely don't care what Faith Hill and Taylor Swift did/ are doing so I'm not going to now go back and search YouTube to get the genesis of it all.
Last edited by Marc_Deon on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 8:27 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
after 2nd viewing;

I like how they turned the GOP debates into a meme by themselves. The episode seemed to be about how famous something is one moment and how "35 seconds ago" it is the next. South Park has always been a "stream of thought" show, so sometimes things that seemed funny at the time, end up just not being that funny in the end. Still I think South Park has a long ways to go before devolving into Simpsons territory, (or even Family Guy for that matter). I'll agree with most people here, I wish they'd use the kids they have more, rather then come up with one time use charactors. And finally, yes I too really thought Kenny was going to die doing the new meme, lol.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 8:30 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
The only really "funny" parts of this episode was the ending. No, not that it ended. I mean the ending. I LOVED the singing of the NFL theme song by Faith Hill and the RNC candidates along with it.

I also liked the credits and all the cats with bread.... :wink:

But other than that, this episode was stale. I didn't need to see 3000 times a train hitting a person (see asdf or something "I like Trains" :o ). I didn't need to see 100 times Butters putting a gun to his mouth (that kinda scared me actually!) :cartmanscared:

I also anticipated Kenny's death and it never happened. (Kenny doing the meme's was only appropriate and it was somewhat funny when he did them). So I was pretty much for 18-19 mins of this episode pretty dissapointed. One of the worst if you ask me until the end....but even that isn't enough to save it from a pretty dog on low rating for me. I didn't need memes and all these Taylor Swifting, ole mon johnson, and old Tebowing idiots.

3.5/10 Way too repeatitive, and GET RID of those stupid 2 minute fillers of crap (i.e. the guy in "cowboy reverse" masterbating at the security chair, even though that was f*cked up funny :lol: and this stupid "I'm human ambassador" guy talking to the cats was pathetic).
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 am Offline
Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 am1
Can anyone explain to me the reference to Faith Hilling and pinching our your shirt? Did Faith Hill do that or something? I can't find anything about it on the Interwebs.

<3 Thanks
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 am Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
While some of you are scratching your heads looking for deeper meaning, I'll be busy laughing my arse off.

If this ep didn't make you laugh, you're trying too hard. The fact that these guys can still find ways to crack me up after 16 years is awesome.

Thanks to T & M and the SP studios staff. You guys rock, I don't care what anybody says.
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 10:17 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
I liked it. I thought it was going to be about something totally different, but, yeah. I liked it.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 am Offline
Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:48 am2
This was absolute CRAP! This was up there with "Jakovasaurs" as the dumbest, most annoying episode ever!

Except for "Cash 4 Gold" (which was awesome!), this whole season has sucked so far. Season 15 was pretty uneven and very hit and miss too. What has happened to Matt & Trey? Did they just stop trying or what? This was the best you guys could do? You guys really need to step it up. You're better than this. I have every season on DVD and love the show but SP has gone down hill the past couple of seasons.
Last edited by vsound on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Niels0827 wrote:
JVM wrote:
neither Rick Rolling nor LOL cats were referenced.

The whole idea is that cats ARE a meme. I'm pretty sure they knew this. It started with LOLcats, then grew to include anything pertaining to cats. My friend Trevor posts something cat-related to my Facebook wall at least every other day. I even read a news article about how the internet was "dominated" by cats. I'm a huge cat lover, so it works for me.

Yep. And let's face it. The cat breading thing was great! I really enjoyed this episode last night, but it wasn't as good as last week's was, which was brilliant! (Went to bed before the re-air at 11 PM CDT, but I'll watch it again so I can give a better critique.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 11:30 am Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
It pains me to say this since I have loved South Park since the 90's but the show is going downhill. I have hope that it can get better but right now it's getting worse. South Park was great for 11 seasons so it's not surprising if the show is going downhill and maybe they are running out of good ideas. They had a legendary run but it looks like the show might never be as great as it once was.

For me seasons 13 and 14 were better than season 12 so that's one reason I have hope that it can get better. Season 12 for me was the drop off point. The first 11 seasons (to me) were great.

I really hate to say this but South Park is going in the Family Guy direction (still better than Family Guy though).

I long for the days of episodes like in season 2 or even season 6 through 9. I can't quite figure it out but the show just seems more......I don't know.

They need to start killing Kenny again, at least 5 to 6 times a season and INVOLVE OTHER CHARACTERS such as Jimbo and Ned, Tweek, Mr. Garrison & Mr. Slave and others. Seems like they just ignore certain characters now.

I guess I enjoyed Faith Hilling but not completely. It was better than Cash For Gold but the best of season 16 so far belongs to Reverse Cowgirl.

I just need ta check ya assssshoooooeee!!
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob

Sort by  
Page 4 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next