Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 11:51 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
i did enjoy Stan and Kyle double teaming that one kid, while Kenny jumped the two girls.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
JVM wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
I just think M&T are simply creating shows they think are funny. Not trying to focus more or less on jokes and plot. Just simply writing what they want. I think we all by now there's no point looking for deeper meaning in SP. :roll:

"You're Getting Old" and "Ass Burgers" would like to have a word with you.

They weren't trying to go for a deep meaningful episode wit that. They were actually surprised people thought the show was going to end and were going up to them asking if they were okay. Those episodes were emotional but in the end, has little deep meaning as they have 4 1/2 more seasons under their belt.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I'm extremely dumbfounded by people who say they didn't like this episode because the humor was too "repetitive," yet they liked "Reverse Cowgirl" and "Cash For Gold" which had just as much, if not more repetition. Makes no sense whatsoever. Yes, the "ambassador of people" was stupid and unfunny, but we didn't have to deal with it for 3 minutes like we did with the jewelry business cycle, the jewelry shopping network host, the suances, etc.

There are fans who have watched the show since the beginning who are usually dissatisfied with the majority of episodes after seasons 6-9, and there are fans who have just gotten into the show within the past few years and think it's still the greatest animated show around and don't care at all for the older episodes.

Then there are fans who have watched the show since the beginning who still think it's just as good as it ever was, but I'll be frank - there's almost nobody around who fits this description.

I belong to the first group. The episodes before season 7 are, I think, vastly superior to the episodes today, but I still think it's a great show, and I'm very loyal to it. It's one of only about 3 shows I watch regularly on television. When I rate or judge a newer episode, I don't compare it to episodes from the first several seasons. They're two completely different categories and there aren't a whole lot of people who are equally satisfied with both.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 pm Offline
Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 am1
f*ck that cat! Talking animals scare the sh*t out of me
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:05 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
I might have been too hard on this episode, but alas, when the best episode so far this season was "Reverse Cowgirl" well, idk at the moment. I've been dissapointed so far this season for the most part. Some good parts, but nothing significant so far.

I might watch it again later. I have a lot to do at this moment though.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:50 pm Offline
Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 am8
Meanwhile in the internet.

...was there ever any doubt? :lol:
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Niels0827 wrote:
Then there are fans who have watched the show since the beginning who still think it's just as good as it ever was

*raises hand*

(Granted, I started watching in season three, but that's pretty damn close to the beginning.)

I thought the first couple episodes of the season were a bit meh, but this one made me laugh pretty hard. Still not sure how the poses relate to Faith Hill or Taylor Swift, and don't really care; it was funny.

JVM wrote:
I would've removed the most of the 'Olong Johnson' cat questioning stuff primarily
- Most of the memes themselves were unfunny to me (I wish they would've used more REAL memes)
- the cats subplot (Amusing but didn't fit well IMO)

But... the cat stuff was drawing on actual memes. Especially the Olong Johnson cat. *confused face* :?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 1:16 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
I can't believe how spot on I was when I mentioned cats taking over the internet.

I loved this episode. 9.5/10 and the best of the season.

I can't believe how when I'm at the beginning of the thread, I see my opinion is usually shared. But as I read more and and more, everyone shares an opposite opinion of mine. Almost makes me stop reading.

And whoever says that this episode is the most repetitive of the season, you are crazy. The other episodes ha repeated 2-minutes scenes that were totally unfunny.

But yet I do agree that M&T seem to focus more on satire than a real plot, and ignore characters we'd like to see.

If you say the show is heading in the "Simpsons" or "Family Guy" directions, please, stop it. It's so March 27th 2012.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 1:26 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
I think our household got a lot out of the episode for a different reason. We range in age from 30 to 38 here and well, we have all hit that point where the internet fads seem really pointless/lame and change too damn quickly. The discussion we had that followed:

"So... an episode of being too old for the internet."
"Just the memes."
"I stopped getting memes years ago."
"Exactly. We're all old."

So yeah, we found it lame, but appropriately lame considering. It was better satire than outright comedy as much of this season has been.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Stanluv25 wrote:
JVM wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
I just think M&T are simply creating shows they think are funny. Not trying to focus more or less on jokes and plot. Just simply writing what they want. I think we all by now there's no point looking for deeper meaning in SP. :roll:

"You're Getting Old" and "Ass Burgers" would like to have a word with you.

They weren't trying to go for a deep meaningful episode wit that. They were actually surprised people thought the show was going to end and were going up to them asking if they were okay. Those episodes were emotional but in the end, has little deep meaning as they have 4 1/2 more seasons under their belt.

They certainly portrayed Stan as a sad miserable looking person, thus tugging on fan's heart strings.

At the time of YGO's air, as it was a half season, it left fans with that period of doubt and fear the show would end. Of course by the end of Ass Burgers, M&T hit the cartoon reset button.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 2:06 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ Oh I know. I was one of those people depressed after seeing YGO. It still makes me sad even though I know all is okay yet again. But we know now they weren't trying to put in something deeper and trying to tell the fans something.

I guess there is a plus being a new fan. I got into the show months before season 14 began. Knowing when it was going to start I watched all the episodes seasons 1-13, in random order before season 14 premiered. Since it was random I couldn't compare. And having seen most several times since, I still can't compare. I'm not a big fan of the very first episode but I do love a few from season 1. Season 2 is one of my fav. seasons and I love 6-9. There are great episodes 10-15 and season 16 is feeling promising so far.

I wish I grew up with the show like I did with The Simpsons. But I like that I'm a new fan. Doesn't mean I'm not as big a fan as someone who has been around since season 1. But it means I can watch season 16 and not compare it to season 1. :cartmansmirk:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 2:13 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
^Good. I only joined in August 2011, but I still compare it to season one as if I watched since 1997 (I wasn't even alive yet!). As I do most series, I watched the newest episodes, and went backwards, then once i got into a few seasons I just watched the interesting episodes, and then at one point I say "Screw it!" and watch them chronologically.

Even I could tell that Season 3 (1999) was the peak of SP, where everybody talked about it like it was the new thing, and celebrities were vying for guest roles. But I do have to say, ever since season 15, it went really downhill. I could see how it could go downhill since Season 12, but my favorite episodes of all time come from seasons 12 and 13.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm Offline
Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm82Toronto
Where'd South Park's balls go? Remember when South Park would make fun of politics and politicians instead of just having them be around or used in un-political scenarios?
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
99 i fail wrote:
^Good. I only joined in August 2011, but I still compare it to season one as if I watched since 1997 (I wasn't even alive yet!). As I do most series, I watched the newest episodes, and went backwards, then once i got into a few seasons I just watched the interesting episodes, and then at one point I say "Screw it!" and watch them chronologically.

Even I could tell that Season 3 (1999) was the peak of SP, where everybody talked about it like it was the new thing, and celebrities were vying for guest roles. But I do have to say, ever since season 15, it went really downhill. I could see how it could go downhill since Season 12, but my favorite episodes of all time come from seasons 12 and 13.

Actually Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo from season one is the episode that made South Park more popular and had celebrities calling in wanting to be guest voice actors on the show. Yeah season 3 is great but for me season 2 is just as good if not better.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 29, 2012 2:56 pm Offline
Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm73Mr. Jenkins Ranch
Billistic wrote:
Where'd South Park's balls go? Remember when South Park would make fun of politics and politicians instead of just having them be around or used in un-political scenarios?

Yeah! And Ron Paul of all people? I still think there's been changes in the writing staff they're not telling us about. I still believe that the Julian Assange episode being the reversal of every "I Learned Something Today!" the show has ever had.
"Don't touch me! I've had my nuts broken, body poisoned, have been made love to in the ass by three dozen 40-year-old men—I just wanna go home and take a, a hot bath!" -Stuart McCormick

Sort by  
Page 5 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next