Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 11 157 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Mar 30, 2012 10:02 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm8
- I must say that this episode made me laugh much more than most episodes as of late. 8 1/2 out of 10.
- Too all of you people complaining about how South Parks changed I must agree,
Seasons 1-3 where less story developed and focused on silly goofs. (reading the news here's a man with a gravy stain on his jacket)
- Lately season are hit 'n' miss relying on two part episodes for story development and character development as well as one running gag to keep the episode going.
- Is this not to do with the writers M&T aging and getting different tastes in comedy and competition with other cartoon sitcoms???
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:21 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Spazmosis wrote:
- I must say that this episode made me laugh much more than most episodes as of late. 8 1/2 out of 10.
- Too all of you people complaining about how South Parks changed I must agree,
Seasons 1-3 where less story developed and focused on silly goofs. (reading the news here's a man with a gravy stain on his jacket)
- Lately season are hit 'n' miss relying on two part episodes for story development and character development as well as one running gag to keep the episode going.
- Is this not to do with the writers M&T aging and getting different tastes in comedy and competition with other cartoon sitcoms???

Well, the show has to change with the times. They can't run the same jokes for 15 seasons before it just loses its punch.

Two parters are good. YGO/Assburgers had strong character development (seriously, few animated shows do this nowadays), and who wasn't even minorly scared that Season 15 was the beginning of the end after hearing Randy/Sharon in YGO?
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:49 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ I was pretty scared after YGO. Those lines 'I don't know how much time I've got left' and 'People grow apart Randy. People change.' Well, ya, I wondered what was going to happen now. But I thought around that time we already knew there was going to be a season 16 and 17? Or am I wrong? I know I wasn't biting my nails season 15 was the last, for very long.

I was going to say- I like the use of real-life people and images in the episode. I can't recall the last episode they did that and that's one of those things SP is known for. Again, maybe I'm wrong and RL images were seen in a recent episode.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 31, 2012 11:54 pm Offline
Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:47 am7
Great ep. Was refreshing to see all 4 boys on the same side for a change (esp. Cartman and Kyle working together) and the adversity came from another group of friends made of random characters. This reminds me of early episodes.

And I about broke my funny gland with the oh long johnson cat.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm8
^ Lol to be honest Your Getting Old/Ass Burgers never got to that point where I looked for a deeper meaning into lines.
I would like to call myself a huge fan of South Park (and surprising SP is the only decent American sitcom I can stomach) I just saw those two episodes as a parody to certain events on TV and News at the times.
Although I would like to see some kind of revamp to make South Park the way it was! with every episode having lots of effort and time considered into its script, instead of a 7 day rush. Americans have a habit of making good things turn into Zombie Flesh!
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 am Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm50
Crazy cat ladies UNITE!!!!

:) :D :D :D

meow

I am not familiar with the Faith Hill reference. Or any of the references other than Cat breading. But I loved the episode. Mr. Kitty, not so evil Cartman, Cartman + Kyle = team, cat breading, ect.

paperwriter wrote:
I'm just glad we got to see Mr. Kitty again!

The episode was hilarious. I love how they replaced Ron Paul with the Johnson cat (and I loved they put the Johnson cat in the episode at all).

What a fantastic 30 minutes.
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:29 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Spazmosis wrote:
^ Lol to be honest Your Getting Old/Ass Burgers never got to that point where I looked for a deeper meaning into lines.
I would like to call myself a huge fan of South Park (and surprising SP is the only decent American sitcom I can stomach) I just saw those two episodes as a parody to certain events on TV and News at the times.
Although I would like to see some kind of revamp to make South Park the way it was! with every episode having lots of effort and time considered into its script, instead of a 7 day rush. Americans have a habit of making good things turn into Zombie Flesh!

Ehehe, the show has always been a 7 day rush. What may be happening is that it just isn't working for them as well as it did 7-10 years ago. They themselves have admitted as much.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 am Offline
Has Kenny "died" since the Coon saga? I cannot recall any... but I did just get home from a long ass double shift. :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:40 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
missdarcy wrote:
Has Kenny "died" since the Coon saga? I cannot recall any...

He was taken out by the wrath of the Giant Reptilian Bird at the end of "The Poor Kid."
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:42 am Offline
hm. will have to roll with a re-watch. :assface:

Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 6:53 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
missdarcy wrote:
hm. will have to roll with a re-watch. :assface:

Please do. It was quite a "WTF" type of death, and those are the best.

missdarcy wrote:

I am not familiar with the Faith Hill reference.

I think it was mostly made up. No, I'm 100% sure it was completely made up. Very "early 'Park". Throw a random celeb under the bus, and whatnot.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 11:44 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
missdarcy wrote:
I am not familiar with the Faith Hill reference.

It doesn't have anything to do with Faith Hill, really. It's what people do to air out their shirts when the shirts get sticky from sweat, or they have some logo to show off. If "Faith Hilling" gets attached to this, we can say without any doubt that Trey coined the term.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
I like the fact that they're aging and making episodes about aging since I feel the same way about my own life and the times. What kids are coming up with nowadays is too f*cking retarded for me to comprehend.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 1:55 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ I was going to say, they aren't really aging, the kids. In this episode Kyle reveals they are *still* in 4th grade and Butters is 9, so that would make all the other boys 9 too. Again, I knew the whole 'being ten' thing wouldn't last long. It might be another season or 3 until the boys are in 5th grade. If ever. Which I'm okay with, we all have our own version of the boys' future and I kinda don't want my version messed up should we see it.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 01, 2012 3:51 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Okay, I want to know how the hell people are still posting in the pre-air thread, when it's locked to me. I can't even log into the UK site to see if it's still open on there because every time I try it bumps me off to the main page. :?

Sort by  
Page 8 of 11 157 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next