Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 13 of 16 229 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 08, 2012 6:02 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Zazaban wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed the unnerving, pathological element to the fatherless Cartman having a touching Hollywood moment with his egyptian dream dad? It was really quite sad when they told each other that they loved each other, and then starting singing. One of those rare glimpses into the vulnerable, repressed parts of Eric Cartman.

He also used the same high-pitched "D-aaad" kind of voice he uses with Lianne when he wants to manipulate her ;) Even in fantasy Egypt, Cartman is spoiled and pushing his parent for whatever he wants. But yes it was also kind of touching.

A Joo and a son with a loving father - Cartman?!?!
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 08, 2012 6:12 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed the unnerving, pathological element to the fatherless Cartman having a touching Hollywood moment with his egyptian dream dad? It was really quite sad when they told each other that they loved each other, and then starting singing. One of those rare glimpses into the vulnerable, repressed parts of Eric Cartman.

He also used the same high-pitched "D-aaad" kind of voice he uses with Lianne when he wants to manipulate her ;) Even in fantasy Egypt, Cartman is spoiled and pushing his parent for whatever he wants.

Well, Eric Cartman is Eric Cartman.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 am Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:15 pm5My House
Am I the only one that at the end when Cartman says he's Jewish to Kyle and all that jazz thinks "...And Kyle got aids and died." as a sort of throw back to Woodland Critter Christmas
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Heh, or "Kyle's hemorrhoid came back" (Cartmanland, which also had the story of Job).
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Am I the only one who thought this was a "prince of egypt" parody?

I'm too cynical of this show. I'm sure based on it's past continuity that Cartman isn't going to be jewish now, but they might actually remember stuff? Not that it makes a show better, shows that become bogged down in their own history aren't better than those who can be dipped into.
I did like the way the show took the piss out of the fact it probably won't remember it with Cartman's "I am jewish now you know for seriously" line.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
One last thing. For the good part of the week I could not figure out why Cartman was screaming "the bread's all flat!" for. It was funny considering how trivial that is comparing to the plagues that were happening around him, but really random.

Yesterday, it finally dawned upon me: Unleavened bread! Duh!Can't believe it took me this long to make the connection, considering that my church uses unleavened bread for communions.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 pm Offline
Sat May 30, 2009 4:25 pm8
paperwriter wrote:
Very funny - not as funny as the last Easter episode, but let's face it, that one can't be beat.

I loved the "Let's make it a new show on Discovery" line. So true. Sad, but true. Just like the Thanksgiving episode. I'm really glad South Park is noticing how ridiculous those shows are getting.

Overall, very good episode.

I watched this episode day 1 and I thought I remember them saying Discovery. Just watched it again now and they say Animal Planet. Did they go back and re-write that bit?
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
karazykid wrote:

I watched this episode day 1 and I thought I remember them saying Discovery. Just watched it again now and they say Animal Planet. Did they go back and re-write that bit?

No, it was definitely Animal Planet when I watched it live. Which makes sense, since that "Finding Bigfoot" show is on Animal Planet.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 am Offline
Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:03 am5
Does anyone else realize that this whole episode was a "story"? Much like Critter Christmas, it never actually happened in South Park, so Cartman may not be Jewish after all.

The episode intros with the animation suggesting it is an Easter story, so the ending may not matter, because it never actually occurred in South Park.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
Well, considering the recurring theme of "lying or stupid" throughout this episode, I was expecting Kyle to respond to Cartman's claim that he's not lying by saying, "I know. You're stupid." I'm surprised he didn't.

That was the joke. Kyle responded with "I know," which implies that Cartman can only be the only other alternative: stupid.

He is calling Cartman stupid.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
6/10. It's ok, not amazing, better than 1602 though.

I never expected Cartman to turn Jewish. Props to M&T for that. They just love messing with us.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm27
The episode was alright. But I will say that was the weirdest ending to any SP episode. period!
PostSun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 am5
Turkey. Shark coming soon to be jumped.
Re: PostSun Apr 15, 2012 11:01 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
TrickyOne wrote:
Shark coming soon to be jumped.

Fonzie has already tried that jump on South Park Image
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
song in the church PostTue Apr 17, 2012 10:34 am Offline
Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 am0
Does anyone know who sings the song in the church or what is the songs name?

thx
p.s. woman, the first 5 sek

Sort by  
Page 13 of 16 229 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next