Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 14 208 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm Offline
Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 pm17
I'm watching it right now. Butters' Grandma??? Say it aint so...
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Niels0827 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
nall, tell Trey and Matt we want more Red!

LOL, you crack me up!
Here's what I had in mind:
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:00 pm Offline
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 pm1
CazzANB wrote:
What does the film stan made have to do with the documentary called Bully in real life? Loved the episode, I just get frustrated when I can't completely get the jokes cause I don't get the references. Can anyone answer all of this for me?

I haven't seen the Bully Movie, but I know Stan's video is referring to the Lip Dub videos that some High Schools and Universities have created to promote their schools.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
JDEDJR wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
I was in San Diego last year (for South Park, ironically). And I had visited the Gaslamp District where Stan went, which was right next to the convention. I'm really glad I didn't see an 8-year-old dancing naked in the streets.

First off, Stan is 10 years of age. Sorry, but mistakes like that bug me like that.

Okay

JDEDJR wrote:
Please comment upon my opinion, and I congrajulate any of you....

It's "congratulate." Sorry, but mistakes like that bug me like that.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
nwt000 wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
nall, tell Trey and Matt we want more Red!

LOL, you crack me up!
Here's what I had in mind:

i agree. Red is win.

This episode was amazing. I didn't get the ending until now (when I saw the ending I stared blankly then blurted out with a laugh "The f*ck?"). Though I have to admit, I hated how inconclusive the ending was (IE: Outside of a joke, how does it resolve the story)

Butters' bully was a shocker, but I gotta wonder. Was she a legit bad person, or just trying to put a spine in Butters?

Mr. Adler, Red, Lola (sighting), Tweek, the Guitar Queero kid sightings were amazing. The music video was well done.

All in all, probably the best episode of the season.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
yay for the removal of Butter's naive traits
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:28 pm Offline
Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am31San Diego
This was the first episode I've really liked in a really long time. It had everything I personally like in a SP ep, and an awesome portrayal of my hometown at the end was the icing on the cake. :)
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:33 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
The last part of the episode was the best part. I cannot fathom how some people on here don't get it and think it's just weird. South Park has been somewhat more serious this season so it's nice to see them have a silly ending like that. It's one of the funniest songs they have ever had. I bet the people that thought it was weird are like 10 years old and don't know what "jacking it" means.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Another Dougie sighting, two weeks in a row. Last week, he was in the beginning of the Easter Egg Hunt. This week, we see him as the making of the music video was stopped and just as Kyle leaves we see Dougie!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm Offline
Thu May 19, 2011 9:24 pm4
Count me in with the people who thought the ending song was the best part! I was almost on the floor laughing; best part of the whole season! :lol:
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
(ugly)Bob wrote:
yay for the removal of Butter's naive traits

Boy's gotta grow up sometime. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Excellent episode best from the season so far, good for Butters to give that little speech to his grandma at the end. I don`t think i have laughed so hard at an ending of an episode before. :lol:

Kyle played his part well i think he knew that the best way to deal with a bully is to deal with them yourself not make the victim publicly aware that he`s getting bullyed so i liked the way he decided he did not want to be apart of the video.

Oh was that Kip Drordy i saw holding the video camera just as Kyle walked out?
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
^ Nope, twas Dougie.

In addition to regulars, the music video had cameos from Ike (really quick shot) the Vampire Kids (in the gym) Thad Jarvis (Guitar Queer-o) Bridon Gueermo (ESM, 201) Pete Thelman (Fourth Grade, Quest for Ratings) Goth Kids (a ton of episodes) the Raisins Girls including Lexus and Mercedes (they appear a ton of times, but Lexus and Mercedes aren't always around) and Mike (Dances With Smurfs)

Of course we see Lola, Bebe, Tweek, Bill, Fosse, Jason, Dogpoo and a ton of other regular background kids.

Also, a big yay for Timmy's first appearance in a decade that wasn't a hanger-on to a greater Jimmy plot. (Not counting Iron Maiden.) Plus great role cameos by Mr. Adler and Jesus.

My verdict is mixed. I had made no connection to the Kony scandal, therefore the entire ending was completely lost on me, and seemed incredibly f*cking stupid. (I was aware of the scandal but didn't actually connect it here.)

There's DEFINITELY satire of the recent anti-bullying film - Stan's bit with Kyle, "Why don't you release it on the internet for everything to see?" is an extremely obvious response. A while ago the movie was rated R and it's creators petitioned for a rating change since it "missed it's core audience of kids" by being R, since they wanted everyone to see it. Thus Kyle's line.

And so glad Dr. Oz got a shot - my mom watches him religiously, so it's nice to see him finally get spoofed.

Edit:
Quote:
I bet the people that thought it was weird are like 10 years old and don't know what "jacking it" means.

That's rather judgmental. Some of us didn't get it because not all of us connected the thing back to Kony. I didn't connect it myself until seeing it here, now I get it, now I can laugh at it.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Last edited by JVM on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 pm Offline
Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 am11
Good ep XD 8/10 Loved the short lines cartman through in during the bullying video. And it's probably just my imagination, but there was a girl student in the anti bullying video who was standing off to the side, that looked EXACTLY like Marjorine :? (aka butters as a girl)
...probably not :lol: but it was weird seeing her. Also Loved the ending :D
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
I feel really sorry for people who didn't enjoy the ending. Must suck to have no sense of humor. Good luck with that. I bet you are the same people who thought Cash For Gold was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob

Sort by  
Page 3 of 14 208 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next