Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 14 208 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 pm Offline
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm182
I really love this episode! Everybody was great and it was nice to see the minor characters from the previous seasons. The jackin off song was really catchy and hilarious :lol:. This was much better then last week's episode, it had all the jokes and random scenes.

I thought Butters beating up Dr.Oz was funny and out of character. Maybe he's coming out of his gullible and naive nature, maturating up.

I'll give this a 10/10 :unhoodedkenny:

PS: I love this episode and the Kony 2012 joke :lol: that jackin off song is so darn catchy! I want to download it on my mp3.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
ARRGH!!! If only I knew that San Diego was the place where Kony 2012's Jason Russell had his crazy psychosis before I watched this freaking episode!

Missing that one bit of premise totally ruined my experience of the ending. I was seriously wondering if M&T gave up figuring out how to end the episode and just winged it by sending Stan to SD. Thoughts of ep. 1507 even flashed across my mind. Once I got it all straightened out though, I must admit M&T set up the episode really well for the end. It was a nice satire on the whole Kony 2012 saga.

Stan's anti-bullying music video was AWESOME. I loved how all the current major supporting kid characters play a prominent part in it. The cameos by minor unique kid characters like Bridon, Thad Jarvis, and the Goth Kids are a nice touch too. Sucks that Butters and Kyle had to be party poopers and cut it off before it ended.

Looks like with the departure of Jennifer Howell (and thus Bebe), Red's the go-to generic girl character now. I'm kind of peeved though that her prominence this episode pretty much came at Wendy's expense. :(

Stan did not really fit into his role. Being entrepreneurial using hidden agendas is Cartman's thing. But I guess M&T realized they painted themselves into a corner by making Cartman a main character in the last 5 episodes, and if they do it for the 6th time in a row, us viewers will come down with major Cartman fatigue.

Such a shame though, because for me, it would have been 10x more funny if Cartman was the one jackin' it in SD (more like streakin' really). I just can't stand seeing M&T screw Stan over (and Kyle & Wendy as well), no matter how funny it may be.

The plot gets a 7.5/10. The music video would have added ~1.5 points to the total, but that's canceled out by the minus ~2 points for Stan's outcome, so 7/10 it is.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:04 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
The episode is up on the episode player :)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-ep ... utterballs
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:38 am Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 am1
zzyzx 1 wrote:
The episode is up on the episode player :)

It won't play for me. :x
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:01 am Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:46 am1
Still can't believe how critical some people are here. It seems the people who don't find it funny, just don't get it. More and more episodes have been filled with an endless amount of jokes. I didn't know about the San Diego incident prior but knew it had to be a reference. And even not knowing, I found it hilarious. But then again, I'm from Oregon. Anytime people make fun of Cali, I'm all about that. ;)
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 am Offline
Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:47 pm7
Fantastic episode, the best in a very long time. I knew they were gonna skewer Jason Russell sooner or later, although it seems like a lot of people are left scratching their heads at the scene when in the grand scheme of things, it's relevant. 9/10, this definitely makes up for Jewpacabra and Faith Hilling.

Also, I would LOVE if the episode guide picture for this one was the grandma in the super villain gear.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:12 am Offline
Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:24 am3
I hate to say this but I really didn't like this episode. It wasn't bad, mind you, and I was glad to see a lot of the secondary characters play a role, but overall I was kinda disappointed and at the end I found myself saying "Buzzuh?" Because all I could think was-- well, that's it? I'm sure that's part of the point, but to me it just didn't feel like SP.

Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions, and I'm not saying if you do/don't like it you're wrong; just adding my two cents.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
It was sooo awesome to see Professor Chaos!! (not like it's been a while since the Coon and Friends trilogy). But he was quickly thwarted by grandma :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:19 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
After looking at all three crowd scenes (in the gym, during the shooting of the vid, and in Dr. Oz' audience, I didn't notice any alien/visitors :(

But in the shooting of the vid scene it was good to see Wendy singing during a segment, Timmy singing during a segment, and up the stairs was Thad Jarvis of Guitar Queer-O, Bridon G├╝ermo of Elementary School Musical, and holding the boom mike was Kip Drordy of You Have 0 Friends.

Amongst the kindergarteners I may have spotted Fillmore, but Ike was missing :?

The raisin girls were there, the same six graders from the early seasons were there on bicycles in the hallways during the filming of the vid, and Mr. Adler had a speaking role. Still with the same band-aid on the same place on his forehead. :)

I know the City of San Diego well. There were three real slides used for different scenes of San Diego in the last act. The slides were real, not animated. 8)

[Last week they used a real slide also from the Bahamas; I hope real images will continue throughout Season 16A]

And the animation of the San Diego Airport was spot-on the way it looks in real life. As does the San Diego skyline. Great job guys!

Stanluv25 wrote:
It was sooo awesome to see Professor Chaos!! (not like it's been a while since the Coon and Friends trilogy). But he was quickly thwarted by grandma :(

I loved that part too. I wasn't expecting it. However the usual Prof. Chaos music was absent during Prof. Chaos' role tonight :?

Oh, and yet another Randy is absent from the episode YAY!!! :D
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 3:49 am Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
damn, me and my SP fan friends were anticipating Butter's Professor Chaos theme! i am not kidding!! we all had our arms up in anticipation LOL
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 am Offline
Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:17 pm33Maine, USA
I had high hopes for this episode, given the excellent Jewpacabra episode last week, and the fact that South Park has had some excellent episodes when they take on serious subjects.

Unfortunately I felt pretty let down by the episode. Butters as a bully victim is pretty obvious and fair. That's basically been his role on the show forever. And while his grandma being the bully had the potential to be really funny, it just kind of fell flat for me. And the constant "bully waiting in the bathroom" gag got kind of old, too.

That said, Butters' little speech to his grandma at the end was one of the best "I've learned something today" speeches we've had in a while. And I have to admit that Jesus waiting in the bathroom the last time around got me to laugh, though I wish they'd have done something more with that.

You win some, you lose some.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 6:53 am Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
It wasn't really a joke on San Diego or San Diegians or whatever you want to call it. It was a joke referencing a real life event.

For the one's who don't get it, the episode mainly parodied Kony 2012, an internet phenomenon that took place in early March. The creators of the video, Invisible Children, became worldwide known at that point. The co-founder of Invisible Children was arrested after the video was released in San Diego for public masturbating. So, it's not a "San Diego" thing, it's just a joke on something that happened in real life.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 am Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
WOW! We have a winner! Easily the best episode this season. Gramma being the bully of Butters? Nobody saw that coming! Glad to see that it was someone you would least expect.
Stan's anti-bullying video was epic in every way! So many kids were involved, and a very catchy song! Cartman, cross-dressing and singing about her va-jay-jay! :lol:

I agree with earlier poster about Butters beating up Dr. Oz. It was very similar to Ralphie Parker when he clobbered Scott Farkus from "A Christmas Story". :lol: A person can only take so much until they SNAP!

Again, this was my favorite of season 16! 9.5/10 :D
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 7:42 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Did you know in America (looking up, ah-ho-ho), over 200,000 students every day are afraid to come to school because of bullying?

Just like the little fake laugh thrown in to that speech ;)

Very good episode, 8.5 or 9 out of 10.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 8:03 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Sorry if this video has been mentioned before but i thought i would post it here.

Cypress Ranch High School Anti-Bullying Lip Dub "Who Do U Think U R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... aAqJ6727Hk
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!

Sort by  
Page 5 of 14 208 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next