Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 30 447 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
BRMBug wrote:
Hell, I never expected a L.A. reenactment either. I thought they'd animate it too, but... wow. No wonder they had clips of this one early.

I was thinking the same thing, that they must have been planning this for a long time. I don't think they've done anything live-action in, like, ten years. And those were just "commercials," nothing this long.

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
... why were they live action on the boat?

Same reason they were twenty-somethings and Kenny was all dark haired, tan, and unmuffled. Because it was a reenactment.
That was, y'know, the joke.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:00 pm Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm33
Quote:
Middle finger to people saying they liked the episode tonight.

And one right back to you fine sir ..!.

the live action reenactment was f*cking hilarious. That was a perfect parody of that "i should be dead" show on discovery. :lol: the actors were hilarious and Kenny dying and mr Hankey being a real poo that part was simply amazing. Probably one of the greatest scenes in all of S16 so far. I wasn't feeling it in the beginning I must say though. That whole live action scene really saved the episode IMO.
I have no idea how to rate this one. ?/10
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:01 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
NeuroHeart wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
... why were they live action on the boat?

Same reason they were twenty-somethings and Kenny was all dark haired, tan, and unmuffled. Because it was a reenactment.
That was, y'know, the joke.

And it went right over my head! DERP!
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 pm Offline
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 pm2
This was hands down the worst South Park ever created! It was so bad that I would not recommend anyone watch it. I love every other South Park episode but this was just a major disappointment. The last scene where is got real was flat out stupid. Keep the real sh*t out of SP! The previous time you guys did (it in Tweek vs. Craig) was bad as well but at least the rest of the episode was good.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Brilliant parody of "I Shouldn't Be Alive"; I hated the live-action stuff at first but when Mr. Hankey came in, all was forgiven really.

We got some nice little callbacks - Jimbo's still Stan's uncle, Mr. Hankey's around, Kenny died, Stan's jackin' it again, etc. And some actually pretty funny gags going around. It had it's 'eh' moments but in the end, it was a huge return to form - all four boys were around, all four boys got cool moments, we got some cool callbacks to previous episodes, it was actually somewhat funny, and they didn't really run any one joke too far into the ground.

In fact, I bet they were going to save this for the finale, ala Thanksgiving, and bumped it up. Which means next week is going to be pure crack!
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 pm Offline
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 pm5
raidpirate52 wrote:
Middle finger to people saying they liked the episode tonight.

I concur!
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Well, that wasn't what I expected. I did like how instead of it being an actual dangerous trip, it turned out the boys were just being dramatic about how boring it was. I didn't laugh as much as other episodes this season but it was still funny. I loved Cartman drinking 'Diet Double Dew' too funny. MD is my fav soda!! :mrgreen: Kenny having herpes was a funny joke. Each trip no matter what the transportation being long and boring had me lol-ing. But then we got to the boat...

The idea was funny at first, having live actors portraying the boys. But it went on for too long and I would have much rather seen the actual boys during the boating trip. There was no reason it wasn't shown was there? The boys all got herpes from Kenny- :lol: . And all the while it was Stan's idea to zipline, all for an ipod nano!!! He's become quite the little bastard lately hasn't he?? And in the end he ends up jackin' it in San Diego again!! :lol: Maybe he should stay away from music, it does no good for him.

What else? The look inside the boys' bodies was funny but gross at the same time. Haa, when they first showed Stan's I thought they were building up that he has an asthma attack!! I was let down. Aww, still a few more seasons left to mention that again.

The eppy wasn't as great as I was building it to be, but still enjoyable. For now... 7.5/10.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 pm Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm559
Why do episodes have to be either a zero or a ten with some of you people?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 10:57 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Totally saw Kenny's death coming! :zombiekenny: Too bad it wasn't in animation mode though...

Kudos to M&T ripping on group tourists in general. Summed up perfectly the reasons why I avoid group tours like the plague.

And I had the feeling Stan was not done with the SD flings... It seems like while everything was supposed to return to normal post-Assburgers, Stan has really degraded as a character ever since. Hate to say this, but with the way things are going for Stan, I like Kyle more than him now...

I get that the whole reenactment deal is meant to mock how lame reenactments are in general, but parodies of lame things can turn out lame themselves, and that was the case this time around. If M&T really wanted it to be funny, they should have starred themselves as Kyle & Stan in it instead. Man, what an opportunity lost right there. :x

Great to see Mr. Hankey return! But the fact that he didn't speak made it kind of an empty gesture...

Pre-reenactment: 8/10
Reenactment to end: 4/10

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Barack_Obama wrote:

I don't know about other posters, but for me I am like a baseball umpire - I call 'um as I see 'um. This episode was an 11/10.

Now, adding to what I said in a previous post, in the early seasons it was just the boys being the four boys - and no Randy in those episodes. Just like tonight. No Randy. Yay! :mrgreen:
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
nwt000 wrote:
nall wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
In the real life Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny action scene in the boat, why is Kenny's hair dark brown/black when in all animated scenes over the past 16 seasons Kenny has yellow hair :?:

In many people (Kenny's family presumably included), hair darkens as you get older.

So does that mean we'll see Kenny with brown hair when he has his hood off?

Sure, if they ever make it to 12th grade.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
JerWu17 wrote:
Great to see Mr. Hankey return! But the fact that he didn't speak made it kind of an empty gesture...

He (Mr. Hankey) spoke. In the beginning of his scene he said something like "let's go home boys" or something like that; I'll have to watch the episode again for the exact quote. nall should have the episode up on the episode player at any time now :)
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:23 pm Offline
Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:22 pm8
Guys I just finished watching the ziplining episode, and to call this by far the absolute worst, dumbest, and most thoughtless episode you guys have ever created would be a gross understatement. Not only did I not laugh once, but I can honestly say I will never ever watch that episode ever again. I couldn't even decipher which parts of that episode were even intended to be funny. Why the writing team thought it would be a great idea to include a group of four talentless and very unfunny teenagers into the show as a way to improve the quality of the episode is something I just can't comprehend.

I have been an extremely avid fan since the first season and I have probably seen every episode tons of times. However, to be honest with you, a lot this season's episodes seem very uninspired, flat, and include horrible joke setups which are not only grossly lacking but poorly executed. I'm not sure if you guys are actually beginning to lose interest in doing the show or if you are becoming more heavily involved in projects other than South Park, but the overall quality of this season and especially including that last episode have been extremely lacking and I feel are far below the traditional standards of the show. I always have been an avid fan of the show, and I will continue to watch the show in future hoping this season is nothing short of a fluke. However, I hope in the future, you guys can rediscover some of the comedic genius and magic which has made this show great for so many years.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:

I don't know about other posters, but for me I am like a baseball umpire - I call 'um as I see 'um. This episode was an 11/10.

Now, adding to what I said in a previous post, in the early seasons it was just the boys being the four boys - and no Randy in those episodes. Just like tonight. No Randy. Yay! :mrgreen:

You're right about that- no Randy is always something to cheer about. But I was really hoping the boys were lost in the woods and had to find a way to survive and be saved. That would have been dramatic and very interesting. But perhaps they didn't go that route since that's how Manbearpig panned out? But I was getting all excited, wondering what happened and how will they survive. But they weren't in any real danger at all. A disappointment.

Okay, so Stan didn't break his leg but he did get herpes! I can be okay with that. :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 pm Offline
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 pm5
I cant begin to say how crap this episode was, this isn't South Park. It's like PG rated South Park for kids or peoples grand parents.
Season 16 as a whole has been a complete let down.
Get off the crack!!
How can you go from season 15 with Tooth Decay which was hilarious and the City Sushi episode too this. I loved the Steamie Nix episode and The White trash agnostic episode. Having Kyle and the Asian guy in Humancentipad was brilliant. All amazing original ideas. So far season 16 has shown no creativity or style. I mean the Jewbakobra episode was like watching another show, for one thing it wasn't funny, Cartman would never agree with Kyle that Jews are correct in their faith and usually when they come up with an idea like the Jewbakobra they bring the creature into the episode like in Manbearpig.
I just don't think the same writers are involved in season 16's production. This is the 6th BAD episode, and not just a little bad, really really bad and lame.
I find myself waiting for the episode to end when last season i never wanted the episodes to finish.
The best joke they came up with was that Kenny had herpes on his face or as females call it cold sores, it was funny once but then they repeated it and repeated it, then they repeated it in the Real life reenactment. Not funny, and real life reenactments should have no place in south park episodes.
Big spiel but just saying what most people are thinking. Kenny wasn't the only one dying of boredom.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 30 447 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next